Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Achievements

Mickey1779

A lot of MMOs have started implementing achievements but what is sorely missing in most if not all implementation is a way of redeeming Achievement Points.

Need to ask ourselves what incentive could be added to a F2P game that would encourage people to pursue achievements.

The simple answer is Redeeming Achievement Points for items from the Marketplace. Does not need to be a lot, but it will give people unable to spend real money on the game a way to make progress in the game.

DE can control what items can and cannot be purchased through use of Achievement Points. So for example Catalysts and Reactors can be purchased but Forma cannot.

There are always people that want to do everything in a game. Achievements, although not truly an endgame in and of itself can add some life to the game as well as make that resource grind a little less monotonous.

As to actual Achievements to pursue, a number of topics come to mind.

Personal Achievements:

Reach Mastery Rank 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,...(wiki ends at Level 18: Gold Eagle)

1 WarFrame to Rank 30

2 WarFrames to Rank 30...

Primary Weapon Rank 30

2 Primaries to rank 30...

Secondary Weapon Rank

2 Secondaries to Rank 30...

Melee Weapon Rank

2 Melees to Rankm 30...

100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 100000 Operation Kills

(Need to avoid an "ALL" to rank 30 achievements as new items get added periodically)

Mission based Achievements:

Complete all Mercury missions in Solo mode

Complete all Mercury Missions in a group

Complete all Pluto missions in Solo mode

Complete all Pluto Missions in a group

Achievements that can be done in either Solo or Co-op:

Retrieve 10, 50, 250, 1000 Orokin Artifacts

Rescue 10, 50, 250, 1000 Prisoners

Assassinate 10, 50, 250, 1000 Targets

Capture 10, 50, 250, 1000 Subjects

Disable 10, 50, 250, 1000 Enemy Ships (Reactors)

Cleanse 10, 50, 250, 1000 Enemy Ships (Exterminate)

Achievements that can only be done when you have the corresponding Challenge:

Complete Hacker 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Head Hunter 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Killer 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Looter 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Pistol Master 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Power 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Rifleman 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Speed Kill 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Stealth 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Style Kill 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Swordsman 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Treasure Hunter 5, 25, 50, 100 times

Complete Uber 5, 25, 50, 100 times

I am sure I missed some Achievements and there are tons more that can be thought up.

As to Achievement Points earned and Redeeming them that would be up to DE as to what a suitable ratio would be.

What if each Achievement gave 10 points and a potatoe could be gotten for 200 points. Amount of time needed to complete 20 achievements, keeping in mind that the achievements take longer to do as you get to the higher level ones. (yes I used 200 as a 10:1 achievement points to platinum ratio).

Let me know your thoughts. I have not seen anything about achievements on the forums before, but I suspect I just missed it as they seem to be very popular in all MMOs now.

In game currencies are a mixed bag, on one hand they can be an incentive to play, but on the other hand they can be pretty easily exploited. On the other other hand you can put a periodic cap on amount earnable, but that becomes a dis-incentive to play gating content behind arbitrary time frames. Better to just not open that can of worms IMO

And achievements are just lazy design. Devs that can't make more than two hours of content use them to trick dumb players into thinking it's really a twenty + hour game. You can tell this is a good game because the Dev's don't feel the need to pull the wool over your eyes with a bunch of stupid achievements. They de-value whatever is being done anyway. If you think it's awesome that you can get a head shot while doing a back flip off a wall, make a video of yourself doing it and gather a legion of adoring fans on youtube. The week after that's made an achievement in game everybody and their brother will have done it twice and it won't be special anymore.

You seem to have achievements and quests confused. Quests give you rewards, achievements are there to be achieved, not to reward, or to show off something(like a title, primes, etc). I'm not against adding achievements, but I am against attaching them to an in-game currency.