Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Issues With Movement In Warframe (Not Slide-Cooldown Related)

snurton

I think right now there are some key problems with the movement in Warframe, irrelevant to the slide cooldown issue. There are enough threads on that going on at the moment, so I won't be including it in my thread.

1) An issue where you can get stuck in crouch. I'm not sure what causes this, but it seems to happen more frequently since the latest patch. It's more annoying than the supposed stuck in sprint that DE patched out recently.

2) Jumping without a run up, or on certain surfaces. At the moment, you need a small run up to jump, you can't even vault or jump on the spot, without spamming jump multiple times. Even then it's quite inconsistent.

3) Hopping when sliding. At the moment, if you attempt to jump while sliding on the ground, you often do a small hop, instead of the front flip that should occur. Fixing it so you always flip would go a huge way to making the movement feel smoother in Warframe, in my opinion.

4) Wallrunning consistency. Right now, a lot of the time, when you intend to wall run horizontally, you wall run vertically, and vice versa. Tightening this mechanic up would be great.

5) From Ryojin Orion https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63065-current-issues-with-movement-in-warframe-not-slide-cooldown-related/#entry658485

I've experienced and hated all of those. More recently, however, I have had the additional issues with ledge grabbing when not wanting to grab a ledge... For example, if I slide too close to certain objects or parts of levels, it will stop sliding and grab the ledge, even if that means instantly turning to the side to do it.

Of course, these are just my opinions, and are not necessarily correct. Any discussion or additions to the list would be appreciated.

Edited by snurton

I too feel there's some inconsistency with wall running horizontally, it seems that the game can now somtimes takes 2-3 sec (no lag related as I tested this as the host) to register that you're holding space + run on the freakin wall!

Edited by VieuxPappy

I've got a couple that aren't just buggy mechanics:

1) Platinum prices too high for anyone without loads of disposable income to purchase

2) Lack of inventory slots serves as a pseudo "Pay or Go Away" barrier for casual, free, and low-budget players.

3) Critical resources and sizeable content being tied to the Alert System. Locking free and sometime paying players out of content and resources until RNG decides it's time to give us a shot at it(provided we can access the game at the time, of course).

4) Monotonous grinding and lack of interesting content to be explored late game.

Things that make a bit more of an impact on the game's actual health.

Edited by iamLoveless

I think right now there are some key problems with the movement in Warframe, irrelevant to the slide cooldown issue. There are enough threads on that going on at the moment, so I won't be including it in my thread.

1) An issue where you can get stuck in crouch. I'm not sure what causes this, but it seems to happen more frequently since the latest patch. It's more annoying than the supposed stuck in sprint that DE patched out recently.

2) Jumping without a run up, or on certain surfaces. At the moment, you need a small run up to jump, you can't even vault or jump on the spot, without spamming jump multiple times. Even then it's quite inconsistent.

3) Hopping when sliding. At the moment, if you attempt to jump while sliding on the ground, you often do a small hop, instead of the front flip that should occur. Fixing it so you always flip would go a huge way to making the movement feel smoother in Warframe, in my opinion.

4) Wallrunning consistency. Right now, a lot of the time, when you intend to wall run horizontally, you wall run vertically, and vice versa. Tightening this mechanic up would be great.

Of course, these are just my opinions, and are not necessarily correct. Any discussion or additions to the list would be appreciated.

I've experienced and hated all of those. More recently, however, I have had the additional issues with ledge grabbing when not wanting to grab a ledge... For example, if I slide too close to certain objects or parts of levels, it will stop sliding and grab the ledge, even if that means instantly turning to the side to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple that aren't just buggy mechanics:

1) Platinum prices too high for anyone without loads of disposable income to purchase

2) Lack of inventory slots serves as a pseudo "Pay or Go Away" barrier for casual, free, and low-budget players.

3) Critical resources and sizeable content being tied to the Alert System. Locking free and sometime paying players out of content and resources until RNG decides it's time to give us a shot at it(provided we can access the game at the time, of course).

4) Monotonous grinding and lack of interesting content to be explored late game.

Things that make a bit more of an impact on the game's actual health.

You obviously do not like the central gameplay loop too much, then. 

The emergent scenarios that come from interesting combat situations, pulling off impossible shots and extraordinary maneuvers in the face of opposition, completing your objectives against seemingly insurmountable odds; that's why I play the game.  That's why I come back, time and time again, to have another space adventure. 

And, that's also the reason why the "monotonous grinding" is soooooooo addicting, you're always gaining something towards a weapon or Warframe or item, the depth of the mods system knows no bounds, the levels are randomized with a metric TON of tilesets, and the A.I. recently received a revamp that has me literally in awe at some of the combat I'm witnessing. 

I fear you may be playing the wrong game, my dear friend.

Edited by CarboniteIV

A.I. recently received a revamp that has me literally in awe at some of the combat I'm witnessing. 

Wat? 

Sounds like you're playing an entirely different game to me my friend. The enemy coding is still abysmal. 

You obviously do not like the central gameplay loop too much, then. 

The emergent scenarios that come from interesting combat situations, pulling off impossible shots and extraordinary maneuvers in the face of opposition, completing your objectives against seemingly insurmountable odds; that's why I play the game.  That's why I come back, time and time again, to have another space adventure. 

And, that's also the reason why the "monotonous grinding" is soooooooo addicting, you're always gaining something towards a weapon or Warframe or item, the depth of the mods system knows no bounds, the levels are randomized with a metric TON of tilesets, and the A.I. recently received a revamp that has me literally in awe at some of the combat I'm witnessing. 

I wouldn't say one-shotting every enemy you see as you &#!-slide your way to a boss for the 100th time that day is "completing your objective against seemingly insurmountable odds".

The mods system allows you to find one or two good builds for your weapons. Not very deep.

The AI is about as smart as a 5 year old, and cooperates just as well.

You ever done parkour before? I agree that it's an annoying mechanic, but as a traceur, this idea makes incredible sense, and I find nothing wrong with it. If you don't don't have the speed when running at a wall, you'll be unable to scale it, which translates to how the physics in this game work and reflects on basic principles of motion.

What the hell have You been smoking?

I think the run-up to start wall running is fine and makes sense. It could be telegraphed a littler better by having the animation gradually go from walking to sprinting.

The rest of them are really annoying. I'm pretty sure they are caused by lag. I very rarely run into them when I am hosting. They are probably similar to the FPS fire rate bug. DE needs to make sure their code works in non-ideal situations with low fps and lag.

Another one to add to your list is how sometimes when you jump while sprinting your character will start to jump and then do a roll and never actually leave the ground.