The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested SMG + Grineer Flamethrower and More... (Concept Art)

(PSN)BrutalReaper32

Hi guys, I just wanted to post here a couple of interesting weapons I had in mind. All the weapons listed here will have unique mechanics that will most likely make the weapons pretty unique. 
Also, I'm not a developer and I'm not good at maths and english so I will try to balance them based on the tier I want them to be. 

1.- Denoma (Infested Sub-machinegun) 

This weapon will have two types of fire, the first one will fire sharp projectiles in rapid succesion that will deal slash damage and will have a nice critical chance damage and good overall damage and the second fire will fire a grenade type projectile that will have travel time and will travel short distances but will have an AoE damage and status chance. This grenade will proc enemies with viral effect in it's AoE and will cause high damage. 
There is also an special mechanic in this weapon... You will have 60 bullets inside the weapon, and if you are able to make 15 bullets reach an objective, the Denoma will make a gregade that it will store for you to use (You can use these grenades at any time, even when reloading the weapon) The Denoma will display a large spike in the upper part of the gun to show you how many grenades you have available at the time.

-Stats: 

*) Primary Fire:

Impact wImpact 1.5
Puncture wPuncture 6.5
Slash wSlash 8.0
Crit Chance 20.0%
Fire Rate 1.0 rounds/sec
Accuracy 100.00
Magazine Size 60 rounds/mag
Max Ammo 420 rounds
Reload Time 1.5 seconds.

*) Secondary Fire (grenade)

Impact wImpact 10.0
Puncture wPuncture 30.0
Slash wSlash 15.0
Crit Chance 25.0%
Status Chance always procs Viral
Fire Rate 2.0 rounds/sec
Accuracy 100.00
Magazine Size 8 grenades
Reload Time reloads by shooting to enemies (15 bullets)

*) Weapon Design:

UCEfxq0.jpg

2.- Tanek (Grineer Flamethrower) 

This is a defensive weapon made by the Grineer to increase to possiblities of grineer squads to survive battles against the infested. It has two frire types, the first one just works as a flamethrower and the second one spreads a liquid that can be ignite and explode if it's exposed too high temperatures for short periods of time. 

*) Primary damage.

Flight Speed Hit-scan
Range Limit 30.0 m
Noise Level 25.0m
Fire Rate 10.00 rounds/sec
Pellet Count 2.7 pellets/round
Accuracy 100.0
Magazine Size 150 rounds/mag
Max Ammo 750 rounds

Elemental Type Heat b Heat

*)Secondary Fire:  The secondary fire of this weapon mini rocket that will not explode, but will travel spreading resin. Then when you use the flamethrower the fire will chain between enemies affected by teh resin if they are close enough of each other (2m) 

*)The secondary fire has no stats because it deals not damage, but enemies afected by the resin will get doubled damage from the primary fire,will chain all enemies affected by the resin, will increase by 15% the status chance on them and after 3 seconds, enemies affected by the resin will explode dealing 2000pts of blast damage with a blast proc in a radius of 2m, 

*) Art Design:

jGhxmew.jpg

3) Lark (Corpus continuous laser weapon) 

This is a energy weapon developed by the corpus. It deals high amounts of damage but it also must be used by the best of the best to reach it's full potential. 
The weapon has two mechanics the players must use at his favor to reach the full potential of the Lark. 

3.1) Reload mechanic: This weapon will have a reload mechanic type Gears of War, where you have to press the reload button in the correct time (the moment will be randomized each time you reload) If you succed in the reload time the weapon will be reloaded in 1.0 second, but if you fail, the weapon will take 5.0 seconds to cooldown and then 1.0 second to reload (6 seconds in total) so becareful. 

3.2) Headshot mechanic: When you use this weapon, it will desplay a bar in the right side of the screen. The bar will fill for every second you maintain the beam in the head of an enemy.
The bar will have 3 levels while you fill it:
- 3 seconds shooting at the head: will increase the puncture damage of the weapon by 10 for 4 seconds.
- 6 seconds shooting at the head will increase the puncture damage of the weapon by 20 for 6 seconds. 
- 10 seconds shooting at the head will increase the puncture damage of the weapon by 50, deal electric damage in an AoE of 2m of each enemy hitted by the beam (the AoE deals 50% of the total weapon damage) for 7 seconds.

*) If the user needs to reload while the weapon has the buffs, the timer will stop. (if you succed the reload, the current buff will continue. But if you fail, you will lose the buff)
*) if you don't reach the next level in the bar before the buff timer runs out, the bar will drop to 0.

-Weapon Stats:

Fire Rate 10.0 rounds/sec
Accuracy 100.0
Magazine Size 250 rounds/mag
Max Ammo 1000 rounds
Reload Time 1 sec to 6 secs

Impact wImpact 9.0
Puncture wPuncture 30.5
Slash wSlash 10.5

*)Weapon Design: It's a work in progress at the moment :c

I Will draw the design of the ammo and grenades for the Denoma SMG, the weapon design and the bar that will be displayed when using the Lark rifle as soon as I can.
If you didn't understand anything due to my awful english or an ambiguous description let me know.
I will apreciate feedback about balance and mechanics. 
Thanks for reading :D

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

22 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Looks like that gun is gonna eat my hand as soon as I try to pull the trigger, looks really slimey, infected and wild.

yeah, I'm still editing the post to add stats, description and the other 2 weapons xD
This is my fisrt time posting images on the forums, so I published the post to see if I was able to post the image correctly D:

14 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

lol, if you weren't working on art for this, i would ask you to help me ;D

Well, I'm slow as F*** to draw and it takes me a lot to finish a weapon concept because I'm not good xD
but I just need to finish the weapon art for the Laser rifle and I will be done. Of course, let me tell you that I only can draw weapons at the moment. I'm useless at drawing enemies or warframes lol
If you need a weapon design I may help you as soon as I finish the laser weapon.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

Well, I'm slow as F*** to draw and it takes me a lot to finish a weapon concept because I'm not good xD
but I just need to finish the weapon art for the Laser rifle and I will be done. Of course, let me tell you that I only can draw weapons at the moment. I'm useless at drawing enemies or warframes lol
If you need a weapon design I may help you as soon as I finish the laser weapon.

could you draw the whips? they will be red and blue. One of them will have mist rising from it. both of them will appear as if they are imbued with energy. I just really said that to say how good ur artwork was...

Edited by Popstupid

1 minute ago, Popstupid said:

could you draw the whips? they will be red and blue. One of them will have mist rising from it. both of them will appear as if they are imbued with energy. I just really said that to say how good ur artwork was...

Ok, I will read your concept to see what style does your warframe has. 
I will try to draw them as soon as I finish my weapon xD

14 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

Ok, I will read your concept to see what style does your warframe has. 
I will try to draw them as soon as I finish my weapon xD

also, i know you said you are not good at drawing warframes but seeing you draw the weapons make me think you could make a few changes to this picture. 

http://imgur.com/9lBFqCr 

just eliminate the horns and make the exposed body part covered with armor. instead of holding daggers, he will hold whips that look like what i described it as before. If you can do this, thx a lot, if you cant, its not a problem

6 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

also, i know you said you are not good at drawing warframes but seeing you draw the weapons make me think you could make a few changes to this picture. 

http://imgur.com/9lBFqCr 

just eliminate the horns and make the exposed body part covered with armor. instead of holding daggers, he will hold whips that look like what i described it as before. If you can do this, thx a lot, if you cant, its not a problem

I don't know If I'm going to be able to do it, but I will try anyway xD