Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Disconnection from host problems

NinjaCow31

Question

I have been playing for 2 months now and I was facing minor disconnection errors, but since update 18.5 (inaros update) my disconnection has become so frequent it's imposible to play in a squad if I am not the host i disconnect and if I am the host people disconnect. This happens to me 90percent of the time. I have a decent Internet connection (8 mbps) and I live in India,  if I am disconnected due to my location or speed could someone please tell me a suitable server to connect to so I won't disconnect that much. Any other tips could be helpful too. I have also tried disabling directX 10 and 11 and this helped me until update 18.5.

Any help appreciated Thanks in advance :D

9 answers to this question

Are you connected through cable only? Other connections can cause troubles.

I would try to check what happens when you disconnect from a squad. There might be good tools for this but i don't know any. So i would run a script in the console, which pings www.google.com once every second. When an ingame disconnect occurs then you can check a file created by said script if you lost the whole internet connection for several seconds or longer.

Open a console: (On windows 7) press "CTRL+R", type in "cmd" and click on OK

Write "ping www.google.com -t > pingtest.txt"

Press "Enter"

Find the file "pingtest.txt" in the folder written in the console and open it to check if it is working and close it.

Leave the console window open and play Warframe until you have a disconnect.

After the disconnect occurs, open the file pingtest.txt and look at the very bottom what happened. It should look like this:

Reply from 131.107.8.1: bytes=1450 time<10ms TTL=32

Remember, one line is one second. If there are parts between where a timeout occured, then it has nothing to do with warframe and you need to improve your internet connection.

Edited by TimSin-EGT-

i tried doing what you said and this is what my log looked like after i dc'd:

Request timed out.
Reply from 216.58.196.67: bytes=32 time=123ms TTL=54
Reply from 216.58.196.67: bytes=32 time=123ms TTL=54
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 216.58.196.67: bytes=32 time=122ms TTL=54
Reply from 216.58.196.67: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=54

it was generally timing out the ping ever 5-6 times, but when it started connecting to a battle on warframe i got those 3 timing outs. Ok I ran this again without warframe running and it runs smooth in between but then it starts timing out a bunch in between.

Is the only solution to this is improve my connection or could there be a workaround? Could i connect to another warframe server or something else that might help.

Please help, warframe multiplayer is basically unplayable for me after the update 18.5 (might be the graphic changes putting strain on my connection, it did reduce my fps a bit)

Edited by NinjaCow31

So the problem seems to be that you have total disconnects from the internet for several seconds at irregular intervals.

Another server doesn't help there because the problem is at your end of the internet connection.

Are you connected just via cable? Or do you use other things like WLAN or Powerline?

Are you the only user of that connection? Or are there other people using it (maybe heavily through video download)?

Edited by TimSin-EGT-

I am using an Ethernet cable but now that you mention it, my cable is kinda beat up (it came with the building) so I could try to use some different cables or connecting to wifi, and I'll get back to you

Edited by NinjaCow31

hey man i can help u with ur issue it happen to me trust me i dc from joining friends and i can only solo to dont dc just do what i did and u be GOLDEN 

Look below:

step 1: go to ur launcher and open "dont not press play"

step 2: you see on the top right there a "gear" looking icon press it 
step 3: it says "setting" on the top left. GOOD ur on it.
Step 4: DONT TOUCH Verify or Optimize
step 5: DO not CHECK I MEAN IT DO NOT CHECK - Directx 10/ directx 11/ 64-bit mode/ multi-treaded rendering/ Launcher GPU Acclerlation
step 6: DO CHECK I MEAN IT DO CHECK- Bulk download and Agressive Download
step7: Press OK
Step8:PRESS THAT PLAY BABY!
Step 9: enjoy C: hehe
Step 10: if it still broken just reply below i will help u <3

-Helpful Potato 

SylusWisp :D

I don't think SylusWisp's advise will help you but tell me if it did...

You fixed your packet loss? So if you have a disconnect from the host you do not have "Request timed out." messages anymore? Did you just replaced your cable?

It would be helpfull if you describe your changes and results more in detail.

Thanks sylus wisp, but it didn't work, I tried disabling everything, as you said, but I am still getting DC :(.

And timsin, I figured my cable was broken and giving packet loss, so I switched to wifi, which gives me a faster ping and absolutely no packet loss.

I haven't gotten around to getting a new cable which is long enough to reach my computer but I will tell you when I do.

The ping I am getting right now is 70-80ms when I ping google .com and it sometimes spikes to 100 when I dc in warframe. Although I think that 100ms ping was a coincidence

Edited by NinjaCow31

Just for info: If you don't see a "Request timed out." message, it doesn't mean you have no packet loss. It's just that 1 packet each second which wasn't lost.

To measure your packet loss you would need to do a packet loss test on a website (which usually requires JAVA installed). I usually test it with my teamspeak3 client, just looking at my connection info (right click on my name) while connected to a server.

On which mission do you dc? Are you back on login screen or in your liset? What message do you get?