Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some advice on a Left4Dead solo Story playthrough?

Cyborg-Rox

I love playing Valve games, and have replayed most of their singleplayer games around 5 times. Per game. I've barely played Left 4 Dead though, just been through a few campaigns with some buddies. However, I feel like I really want to play through all the campaigns solo, to really get the feel of the story (and to listen to the commentary nodes :3)

There's just one thing... I like cheating to reduce the challenge. In the Half-Life games I would always play with Buddha mode on, which is pretty much Invincibility once your health reaches 1. Don't judge me ;-; ! But anyways, I'd like to get through Left 4 Dead, and its sequel using cheats so I wouldn't have to replay challenging sections over and over. Usually Buddha is best for this, as still getting hurt and restoring health really helps with immersion.

So here's my problem. Using Buddha in L4D works differently, since you're not a single person, but part of a 4-man squad (I'll be playing with bots). Now I'm not entirely sure exactly how it works, but reading from the wiki, you can still get downed if a teammate is alive, but not if you're the last survivor. I'm guessing the teammates can die too. Thing is, I don't want that, because story-wise they never die (except the last chapter where Bill sacrifices himself and stuff).

So I'm conflicted whether to use Buddha, Godmode, or find some other way to reduce the challenge. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if you can simply answer me this: "Can your 3 teammates die in Buddha mode?" that would also really help.

Just now, Basdiow said:

I recommend that you go play low-tier Warframe instead with one-hit guns, you seem like the kind of guy who doesn't like a challenge and would rather kill everything.

I just want to experience the game's story without much difficulty. Also I heard the game's bots are terrible, and not much help, so that would make it even harder.

You don't have to come here and start talking me down when all I want is advice. That's just rude and unnecessary.