Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon Questions

Vethian

Question

Im planning out my summer trip and it will be my first time visiting Canada.  Will there be a fee to enter the con?  How is public transportation in London if I fly?  Any awesome food places I must try? How about secondary things to visit while in London?  I enjoy smoking a pipe or cigar.  Are there any special rules I need to be aware of in London?  

2 answers to this question

I live in London Ontario, We do have an airport, but it is limited where the flights come in from, you might have to take a few flights to get here depending on where you're traveling from.  Public transportation, while the buses are pretty easy to use and cover most of the city, there is an uncommon bus that only travels from the airport during weekdays, so unfortunately if you arrive July 9th, it would cost about $25-$30 to cab to downtown from there. There are many restaurants with many price ranges, if you just want an awesome gourmet burger there is Burger Burger, or The Works both only a few blocks from the convention centre.  There are other restaurants, of many nationalities, some nice ones are Church Key, Bertoldi's, Fellini Koolini's. There is a no smoking in public places bylaw here, so you might have to go onto the sidewalk or a few meters away from the restaurant/convention centre to have your smoke.  There are plenty of hotels many price ranges right downtown near the convention centre.  London is quite warm and very nice during the summer, many parks downtown, and a river with a nice walkway.   Not sure of the dates of our festivals, but there are always a few per month during the summer if you're lucky there will be one going on that week/weekend.