Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Replace?

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Question

I have my MK1-Braton (starting rifle) maxed up and I like it. However, it deals little to no damage, even my Kunai sidearms kill things faster than the rifle.

So now I want to replace my Braton with something better that fits in the same role: fast fire rate for mid ranged fights.

What should I get?

14 answers to this question

I have my MK1-Braton (starting rifle) maxed up and I like it. However, it deals little to no damage, even my Kunai sidearms kill things faster than the rifle.

Kunai is one of the best weapons in the game and it kills faster than almost all others.

Regarding the Mk1-Braton, sell it and buy the standard Braton.

The Boltor is probably almost a direct upgrade for mid range combat. Roughly the same ammo expenditure, but much higher damage and innate armour piercing (making it super effective against Grineer and Ancients). Less range but the MK-1 range was insane so with any other automatic rifle you won't be doing better.

Literally any other assault rifle is an upgrade.  Just stay away from the grakata (its an smg, lots of bullets for even less damage) and maybe the burston (weak overall and burst fire is a bit inaccurate at long range) 

I went straight for the latron, but either a regular burston, a shotgun like the strun or hek, the boltor for AP, or paris or vulkar for sniping purposes. 

If you want a rifle with the same purpose, Braton (Boltor isn't good at mid-long ranges, at mid range it still can hit the target but you will waste a lot of ammo doing this).

However, the Mk1 has an insane accuracy, that means you can shot (and kill) enemies from the opposite side of the map. The quantity of damage done isn't important when on 10 bullets 9 of them will hit at 150-200m killing all enemies that can't neither see you...