The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Run This Game In 32 Bit Even If You Have 64 Bit...

Afroman12

Question

Ok so I have a 64 bit OS so naturally it would mean that 64 bit is better right?

Wrong.

Most gaming programmers even today are comfortable with programming for 32 bit. I noticed a HUGE increase in performance once I switched back to 32 bit. So maybe DE is no different than the average programmer these days?

I went from my GPU usage being down to 20 to 30 with only FPS at 40 to 70 to 90% GPU usage with FPS at 130 to 180 (plenty of room there). So if you're using 64 bit... turn it off. For better performance.

I tried switching to 32 bit but have not seen noticeable improvements. I will run fraps to get more accurate fps later.

It could be due to my setup though.

I am running Warframe on a 1920x1080 windowed mode on a i7 Quad Code, 12 GB Ram and two older NVidia 275 not explicitly running in SLI (I presume that one get used for gfx while the other get used for physx?). In game, I have everything turned on under the gfx options.

Some people had improved fps, some people didn't improve. How can i check for my fps anyway? I'm not good at "feeling" things.

You can try using Fraps which will display the framerate on screen.

Edited by smithf

Well, tried this the other night, steam overlay doesn't work in 64bit more for me but works fine in 32 bit.  That is really odd for an amd 7950 card, but who knows really, could be a driver thing, I really have no clue.

Any ideas why the overlay would work 32 and not 64?