Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Councilor Vay What the Hek?!

Lysserd

Question

So I was having trouble with the Lv100 Vay Hek fight so I looked online and read that Banshee's Sonar + Tonkor would 1-shot his second form, which is the part I couldn't get through. So I decided to try that out, and it worked. My problem is that I don't understand why it worked.

My build:
103% Duration
130% Efficiency
145% Range
185% Strength

Tonkor:
87.5% Crit
54.6% Status
5.5x Multiplier
376.2 Puncture
4050.4 Blast
2414.5 Corrosive

My understanding is that Sonar made me to 9.25x normal damage, but on previous attempts I pumped far more than 9 shots into him before he regenerated at all and it didn't kill him. What am I not understanding here?

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Lysserd said:

So hitting a highlighted weak spot does even more of a multiplier on top of the multiplier of the ability?

Certain body parts on enemies, most notably heads, will receive additional damage when struck. This location-based damage increase is usually a 2.0x multiplier, but if the strike is a critical hit, then the strike receives an additional 2.0x multiplier on top of the location multiplier and the crit multiplier. This means that while a normal bodyshot results in your weapon's listed damage (before mitigation), a critical headshot from a weapon with a 2.0x crit multiplier would deal 8.0x that listed damage!

Other that getting the usual Sonar multiplier, there's nothing else going on, it's just that the base damage from critical headshot is 4x higher than normal.

Tonkor explosions hit all hitboxes simultaneously, including weakspots (that I assume Vay Hek has, somewhere) that take extra damage from critical hits (for you it would be 22x + your Sonar mutliplier on the odd body parts) which is what makes it as powerful as it is.

So I'm guessing you Sonar'd his weakspot.

Edited by Artarrwen

27 minutes ago, Lysserd said:

Does that mean my multiplier would look like ((5.5[base] x 4[headshot]) x 9.25[sonar])? So like a total of 203.5x multiplier?

In ideal circumstances, possibly.

Furthermore, Sonar can create two highlights on a single body part, this overlap will cause further damage increase.