The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS Drops when killing Infested (Have not checked if Tileset matters)

Darkwave1098

I hopped on to do the joke alert today and to my surprise, killing Infested made my frames per second tank a LOT. This has never happened up until the most recent hotfix. (Average frame rate is 125, killing multiple infested tanks it down to 42 and it stutters in between. Then goes back to normal)

I'm running the game with everything maxed and on except Motion Blur, I have a GTX 970 running the 362.00 drivers and an I7-4790k.

Temperatures are not an issue, though I am leaning towards a PhysX related issue.

Edited by Darkwave1098

GTX 960 4GB + i5-4690K + 16 GB + win10 x64 + 2x SSD drives here. Using 364.72 (aka Oculus VR) drivers. In warframe all settings max, DX11 64bit, including motion blur, AF x16 etc. 1080p. Fps limited to 120. Weapon trails off. Using afterburner overlay to check the fps + shadowplay/nvidia share instant replay max quality 60fps + 50Mbps with a 20 min shadow.

In Hieracon fps doesn't drop under 60.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSn3qLvZ7hE

Maybe it's related to tileset and mob spawns and physx and other stuff. Gonna try out the Aprils fools alert :)

Edit: ran the Aprils fool alert. I was the host with total of 3 players (me and two others). So there were presumably less enemies compared to a full squad.

During the hour long run I got about 3-4 micro freezes (lasts less than a second - blink of an eye - and presumably caused by shadowplay / nVidia Share instant replay recording and buffering 20 min shadow?) and when killing multiple enemies fps dips to 55 (saryn proc + molt + miasma and ember world on fire at the same time). On heavy action (a-lot of enemies in screen) it doesn't dip under 60. Other than that the fps stays mostly on better side of 80 bouncing between 70-100 fps.

Edited by carnaga