Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gear Defeats The Purpose Of Forma

Eversor

First, im giving my first time feedback. Im posting it here cause i think im talking about a gameplay mechanic. Introducing a little myself, i must say I played the game since January´s first week, i recently (about 2 weeks ago) resetted my account due to a very poor selection on what to spend my founders plat back in closed beta days.

In total, before and after the reset, i spent about 300 hours playing this masterpiece. But one thing is capping my experience TOO MUCH

Im scared to use forma, Update 8 has brought a lot of content but has made real a nightmare for me too. Prime Gear. 

Using forma scares me, thats the truth. Why should i spend money in form of reactors/Catalysts/Formas if a (slightly) better version of my favourite frame appears. I mean, i can handle new weapons that surpass mine, i understand that. And i am not a min/max adept.  But i dont feel the same way if a full straight upgrade of my gear appears. (Latron Prime, for example)

SUGGESTION

I suggest you can use your non prime version of your frame/gear to craft future primes, granting this way your polarizations and such stuff. If not possible, well, some kind of benefit would be great.

I know some are gonna say: deal with it, world ever changes... Treat Primes as total new weapons. But i dont really feel like a costumer if i spend money and hours in something that is gonna be wasted.  Im sure some of you guys know what i mean. Spending not only money, but time in your favs, to see a better version in a few weeks, just dont feels right, and i think it is counterproductive for the business too.

What do you think guys? 

Cheers. Peace and sex all day long.

PD: Please, apologize any bad grammar or misspelling, i try to do my best with my english. Thanks

Edited by Eversor

I have thought about this too, and ultimately I think this is more of an issue with personal perspective. There are a few things you have to consider.

1.) This game is in beta, with new content being added at a cheetah's pace.

2.) The endgame content is in flux. There will be more and when it comes, weapon and frame balancing will be transformed. What is balanced today may not be tomorrow.

3.) When you spend platinum in this game, should that be considered a longterm investment or achieving short term satisfaction?

I have put three forma into my Ash. When and if we get an Ash prime, I will do my best to acquire it. What I won't know is if the polarity slots of the Ash Prime align with the optimal build I have put together to match my playstyle. So it's a gamble. Maybe it's perfect and I wasted 3 forma on my non-prime. But I may wait months to see it, or it may come this Friday. If that's the case, my 3 forma bought me the temporary satisfaction of being able to run my optimal build weeks before it was available to everybody.

I think your decision ultimately boils down to weighing risk against reward. Is the reward of having something now worth the risk of the platinum you spend to acquire it. If you are more concerned about platinum being used as investment, then I suggest just using to buy up frame and weapon slots, potatoes, and forma, which you will never use until some day when it seems the game has reached stability. That may be in a month, or a year. Or two. Or ten. Or never.

Well, if anything you could build your frames completely differently. I have Frost and Frost Prime. I retrofitted my Frost to make it tanky as hell and my Frost Prime to be more of a swift, spellcasting frame. I do understand your concern, I would hate to spend money on improving an item or frame only for something to trounce it right out the gate without any modifications.

Keep in mind that it seems like a safe option to keep the current polarization on frames. For example, Frost is naturally tanky and has a large health pool. Players are going to be shifted into a more tanky role. If you take away those polarizations that are natural for that frame to adapt, such as Vitality and Steel Fiber, you probably are going to upset a larger number of players that expect Frost to have those sort of polarizations.

Lastly, this is beta. Everything could change tomorrow.