Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does The Vaccum From Breaking Windows Not Hurt Enemies At All?

marharth

It drains both players' and enemies' shields/health at the same rate. However, due to the fact that the damage over time does not scale at all to the level, and in fact the rate was slow to begin with, enemies won't even flinch to an atmospheric vent past Saturn/Venus since they have enough health/shields to tank the drain for a LOOONNGGG time.

I feel like it would be better if there was some actual reason to break windows. Right now if a window breaks it is just "Oh, opps. Accidently charged into that."

I feel like the vaccum should stagger or stun enemies, maybe even drag out low health enemies (would look cool). Probably not a good idea for that to apply to bosses or heavies.

My question is when the windows break it hits your shields right? Why? When this mission if over I cuddle up to the bottom a drop ship and just take off into space. I have a warframe on, do I really need atmosphere?

One thing to think of about how "powerful" the hull breach is or should be: You don't want it to be a legitimate strategy to help clear a room.

There needs to be a significant effect for sure, but if it deals enough damage to actively help clear a room there will be those that shoot out the window to help clear the room more efficiently. That might disrupt the flow of a level. The mechanic isn't broken as is, and there is definitely some wiggle room for tweaking. Just so long there isn't a temptation for players to intentionally blow out every window to deal with enemies there isn't a problem

No no no, the biggest logical incongruity about vacuum is. How does Ember's fires still burn?

Fire does burn when there is still any atmosphere.  Just because most of the air is being sucked out doesn't mean that all the air is out.  Besides the description includes some mention of plasma which fuels fire with less oxygen needed for the reaction.

The better question then "How does Ember's fire still burn?" is "Why isn't ember's fire affected at all?"

My question is when the windows break it hits your shields right? Why? When this mission if over I cuddle up to the bottom a drop ship and just take off into space. I have a warframe on, do I really need atmosphere?

Can't believe I thought of the answer for this and came back to post it, but here it is.  When you get to the extraction pod, you step into place carefully and connect your feet, spine, arms, and helmet to power feeds that can maintain your shields while flying in space.  Besides, if you ever see the intro scene to planetary levels there are doors that can cover you on the extraction pod also.  You aren't exposed long enough for it to be an issue when you are extracting.