Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed ! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe to try again

Corrosive__

Question

Update Failed ! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe to try again

This is the error that my friend has been having for last past 3 days. We have tried restarting the internet, his computer, we have tried verifying through the client, uninstalling and reinstalling from the website and steam. Any help would be amazing. I had this problem about a week ago and mine just fixed from verifying. His has not fixed yet and he has done it multiple times.

2 answers to this question

This is what worked for me, and SHOULD be the first thing anyone does: LOOK AT THE LAUNCHER'S LOG FILE!

This can literally save you hours of troubleshooting:

1. Open NotePad.exe
2. Go to File > Open
3. Copy and paste the following command exactly, then press OPEN

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\Warframe\Launcher.log

4. Search through the log for any errors
5. Afterwards, when exiting NotePad, *do not save any changes*

In my situation, the log *clearly* stated that my antivirus was blocking HTTP/S requests.  After disabling my antivirus' "web access protection" portion for the duration of the update, the problem didn't resurface when re-enabled afterwards with successive minor patches.

I found my issue reported towards the end of the log.  Thus, I suggest starting from the bottom and reading backwards.

Hopefully this helps!