Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips on playing Limbo?

(PSN)sb001001

Question

Most of the info I can find about him is just that’s he’s considered to be a pretty bad warframe.

I got mine a few days ago and levelled it up to 30 but to be honest, I have no idea how to actually play him. Whether it’s for solo play or to be more effective in a squad.

I’d appreciated any tips you can give me about how to best play and/or build him! Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, LouseFur said:

Am I the only person who plays a game and thinks, wow... I can really F*** around with this? And then proceed to have fun? Constant banishment from a limbo is annoying as hell, that's true... but if you are mindful of others, and only save them when they have no choice/ ask for it, what's the harm?

#limboiswarframetoo #limbolivesmatter

#GiveLimboSomeLove

Spread the word. DE needs to stop making a fool out of one of their most unique and promising frames that they have not even given a skin yet.

Limbo will rise. And it will be glorious.

3 hours ago, LABAL said:

Limbo is considered THE single worst warframe in the entire cast. It is very difficult to play and not nearly as rewarding as any other warframe, so most of us don't even bother.
If you want to make any use of Limbo in a team, you have to be in a support role and do exactly what your team tells you, and nothing more. It is also terrible in solo play, so prepare to die a lot.
While limbo is awful at isolating bosses or groups of enemies, it is good at isolating individual non-boss enemies, (which is not useful at all) dramatically increasing damage to the isolated enemies.

I recommend you to save your time and just pick something else before Limbo recieves a complete rework.

Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah WOAH.

"Terrible in solo play"?

What the heck game are you PLAYING dude?

A little story:

A while back, I had to be on a limited data plan, and the only way I could play Warframe was to play solo so I didn't use scads of data connecting to multiplayer games. One of the best frames I found for soloing was Limbo. His survival mechanics, his ability to isolate dangerous enemies, his self-damage increase, his regenerating energy, his immunity to traps and other hazards like spy mission laser sensors...

Perfect for solo.

sb001001, I have played Limbo solo on COUNTLESS missions, and I found that it was one of the many things he excelled at. Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Limbo is great at what he does, and can only get better the more attention the devs give him.

Try him. He may turn out not to be for you, but in the end, you never know until you try.

38 minutes ago, LABAL said:

Alright. I take it back. It's actually pretty decent, but any smallest mistakes lead to immediate and humiliating death more often than not.
Limbo seriously lacks in survivability despite being intangible most of the time. When you banish single heavy enemies, you have to either stay away from the rift plane yourself (which is quite difficult on higher levels) or take care of them immediately and always mind your distance while banishing multiple threats.
Like an ill chicken, Limbo is very prone to just dropping dead.

Couldn't say it better. DE made him survivable, but not really, even though he's tough to kill, but not at all.

You could say that the verdict on his survivability is in limbo.

Pun intended.

7 hours ago, DogShapedDog said:

Normally for spy sorties, I take Limbo and my invisidog, and my faithful companions take their lokis and basically screw around while I cheese the hell out of the spy vaults, since Limbo can pass through security barriers without setting off alarms. Today, however, there was a spy sortie mission with enhanced shields, so we decided to have a bit more fun.

My friends brought a non-prime, un-potatoed Trinity, and a non-prime, un-potatoed Mag with zero defenses, and I brought my habitual Limbo cheeseburger with dog, and Mag nuked everything instantly with shield polarize, while Trin kept Mag powered up, while all three of us (well, four if you count my dog. Which I do.) were utterly invulnerable basically the entire time, except when recasting Banish or popping out of the rift to pop nullifier bubbles.

Limbo is niche. Few players want to play him at every opportunity. But sometimes he can facilitate hilarious and awesome stuff, and awesome hilarity is what Warframe is all about.

This is truly what playing Limbo is about. Making the impossible possible, and having tons of fun doing it. So many people think that just because Cataclysm looks like Snow Globe that he's only good at defense missions for some odd reason. I do the same thing that you do, which is Limbo/invisidog spy runs. It's so much fun, and makes Limbo feel like such a trickster. He makes the rest of the rules not apply to him, and I love it.

#GiveLimboSomeLove

On 4/6/2016 at 7:11 AM, LABAL said:

Limbo is considered THE single worst warframe in the entire cast. It is very difficult to play and not nearly as rewarding as any other warframe, so most of us don't even bother.
If you want to make any use of Limbo in a team, you have to be in a support role and do exactly what your team tells you, and nothing more. It is also terrible in solo play, so prepare to die a lot.
While limbo is awful at isolating bosses or groups of enemies, it is good at isolating individual non-boss enemies, (which is not useful at all) dramatically increasing damage to the isolated enemies.

I recommend you to save your time and just pick something else before Limbo recieves a complete rework.

Doing what your group tells you to do is NOT how you play Limbo.  Go back to your hate-space or whatever.

OP, here are some tips:

1)  Limbo is weird, and most people don't understand how he works.  Communication with teammates (and playing with friends more often than not) is important.  Remember to remind your teammates how to escape the Rift (simply do a forward roll or backflip) at the beginning of a mission if you're with randoms, and immediately apologize if you miss a Banish and hit a teammate by accident.

2)  Limbo is extremely niche, and not every situation is good for him.  However, when he's good, he's GREAT.

3)  NEVER LEAVE THE RIFT IF THERE'S AN ENEMY ON YOUR SCREEN.  I mean it.  Don't do it.  You are incredibly squishy and it will not end well.

4)  Banishing is meant only for things that will stay there.  Don't Banish your friends unless they want to be in the Rift.

5)  Always use Rift Surge.  Your weapons will thank you.

6)  Build duration first, and then play with the rest.  If you can't survive, you're useless, so make sure you have enough time in the Rift.

7)  Limbo's "job" is to keep himself out of trouble, and be a highly discriminatory serial killer.  Select an extremely specific group of targets (eximus units, nullifiers, or heavy units - or a combination) and IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE.  If you see one of your targets, Banish them and shoot them in the groin while they're on the ground.  Or get a solid melee and do a ground finisher.  Either way, you're taking out the big things and leaving the minions to your team.

8)  Understand that you will never be thanked for what you do by randoms.  Ever.  You'll likely get hated on for 'not doing anything' instead.  But that's okay.  You know what you did, and every once in a while you'll get a quiet nod from a veteran who knows what's up.  Take pride in that.  And if you're playing with friends, they'll likely appreciate you more.

9)  Lastly, take the time to really get to know your kit and how it works with your weapons before going anywhere dangerous with randoms.  If you do your job (stay out of trouble and take care of the "big problem" units), you won't get much hate.

Remember, receiving silence from the other players when you're playing Limbo is the same thing as getting a "Nice going man!" when you're anyone else.  It doesn't happen a whole lot, and it means you did good.

At the end of the day, Limbo is just a misunderstood frame who needs a rework.  But if you get to know him now, you'll appreciate the rework more later.

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Doing what your group tells you to do is NOT how you play Limbo.  Go back to your hate-space or whatever.

OP, here are some tips:

1)  Limbo is weird, and most people don't understand how he works.  Communication with teammates (and playing with friends more often than not) is important.  Remember to remind your teammates how to escape the Rift (simply do a forward roll or backflip) at the beginning of a mission if you're with randoms, and immediately apologize if you miss a Banish and hit a teammate by accident.

2)  Limbo is extremely niche, and not every situation is good for him.  However, when he's good, he's GREAT.

3)  NEVER LEAVE THE RIFT IF THERE'S AN ENEMY ON YOUR SCREEN.  I mean it.  Don't do it.  You are incredibly squishy and it will not end well.

4)  Banishing is meant only for things that will stay there.  Don't Banish your friends unless they want to be in the Rift.

5)  Always use Rift Surge.  Your weapons will thank you.

6)  Build duration first, and then play with the rest.  If you can't survive, you're useless, so make sure you have enough time in the Rift.

7)  Limbo's "job" is to keep himself out of trouble, and be a highly discriminatory serial killer.  Select an extremely specific group of targets (eximus units, nullifiers, or heavy units - or a combination) and IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE.  If you see one of your targets, Banish them and shoot them in the groin while they're on the ground.  Or get a solid melee and do a ground finisher.  Either way, you're taking out the big things and leaving the minions to your team.

8)  Understand that you will never be thanked for what you do by randoms.  Ever.  You'll likely get hated on for 'not doing anything' instead.  But that's okay.  You know what you did, and every once in a while you'll get a quiet nod from a veteran who knows what's up.  Take pride in that.  And if you're playing with friends, they'll likely appreciate you more.

9)  Lastly, take the time to really get to know your kit and how it works with your weapons before going anywhere dangerous with randoms.  If you do your job (stay out of trouble and take care of the "big problem" units), you won't get much hate.

Remember, receiving silence from the other players when you're playing Limbo is the same thing as getting a "Nice going man!" when you're anyone else.  It doesn't happen a whole lot, and it means you did good.

At the end of the day, Limbo is just a misunderstood frame who needs a rework.  But if you get to know him now, you'll appreciate the rework more later.

No news is good news. That's precisely my mental process as well. Well said.

One fantastic idea that I heard was a sort of charged ability like Inaros' Scarab Swarm. But instead of armor, it would act as drawing in Rift energy and releasing it in a massive wave. The name I thought of was "Dimensional Ace" since he seems like the kind to have a secret weapon aka an ace up his sleeve.

That's beside the point though. Limbo can be played quite effectively where he stands now, but his mechanics and overall structure NEED to change for the better if he is to be accepted more by the community.

His main problems are:

He's squishy, doesn't deal much damage, lacks a viable form of CC that doesn't put himself in harms' way, Cataclysm doesn't make much sense, as you should be able to pick up items that are sucked into that tear in space, and the abilities he has that DO support his teammates have downsides to them that some people don't understand, and nobody likes.

He needs some TLC by the devs, and frankly, they dropped the ball with him.

DE, #GiveLimboSomeLove.