The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teammates Stacking Master Thief

Xoxile

Question

Is it possible if one member of a team fails a master thief check another member could successfully unlock the same container that the first member failed. Essentially increasing you chances of unlocking containers the more people in your team that have it.

7 answers to this question

I was unable to replicate Akiba's results.

My clanmate and I tried every locker on a Corpus ship mission with maxed out copies of Master Thief.  We were unable to open any locker the other could not.

Our testing shows that two copies of Master Thief on two different players do not stack.  We tested at least 4 dozen lockers.

My answer is no.  It is not possible.  I think Akiba's lone example of one locker is insufficient data most likely chalked up to either a diversity in Master Thief ranks, or a play mistake.

I invite further testing and anecdotal evidence to countermand mine, for I would love to be wrong about this.

I've also seen inconsistent results, it seemed to work for a couple of lockers but for the most part it didn't. It also feels like the mod is highly affected by lag- even when I was the only one with it equipped, I had much more success opening red lockers when I was hosting than when someone else was.