Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can another player login to his warframe account while i use my steam client?

Krenis

Question

Hello. My friend is visitting me and in case she expresses her interest in game is it possible for her to create a warframe account and login but  using my warframe client on steam? Won't that result in any complications?

Edited by Krenis

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Krenis said:

Hello. My friend is visitting me and in case she expresses her interest in game is it possible for her to create a warframe account and login but  using my warframe client on steam? Won't that result in any complications?

i dont think it does assuming that the warframe client asks for your email and password and its not direcly connected to your steam account you should be fine

and you can always copy the warframe folder to somewhere else and play from there

but I dont know for sure since I dont use steam for warframe

Yes she can play from your steam with another account. Shouldn't do anything weird unless you are using it to farm plat/ exploit 75% discounts and such.

Warframe operates independent from steam. (though it will launch through steam, and your steam overlay will still be active, but you can't purchase the steam items)

9 minutes ago, rage4198 said:

and you can always copy the warframe folder to somewhere else and play from there

That doesn't work... warframe will give an error. 

Playing from steam is fine, I do it often (I have a friend who's internet is down, and I do the cosmetic alerts for him)

So...