The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive Frame Rate Skipping

gravecrysis

After patch 18.8.0 came out if I alt tab from the game I begin my frame rate begins horribly. I mainly play on borderless fullscreen with v-sync and the framerate with no limit and changing the display mode to either windowed or fullscreen doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Edit: I forgot to say this but before the update 18.8.0 alt tabbing wasn't an issue.

Edited by gravecrysis

I got those FPS drops as well, on a pretty inconsistent basis. There's no visible pattern, as in it's not bound to activity in the game (just had it drop to 13-ish frames while hacking a console with no enemy in sight). They're coming and going multiple times per mission, varying in length but not in performance (strangely consistent on those 13-ish..).

Just did a quick test and tabbing might be the issue for me as well. (occured without tabbing, too.) Normal fullscreen without v-sync here, by the way.

Did another test in windowed mode with task manager open and the CPU load actually decreased when the FPS dropped. Nothing else changed. As if the game just didn't "want" to use as much performance anymore.

Edited by rngd444

I have also been getting really bad FPS issues since 18.8.0. I don't alt tab though, it's just all in-game fps.

Before that I was getting 60+ fps during missions, but usually closer to 100+ fps (this is before and after the graphics update with Inaros' patch). That's with settings maxed out.

Now I can't even break 30 in the Liset, usually sit around 20fps after logging in.

None of my other games have been affected, Witcher 3 still runs great (1080p on Ultra settings) so I don't think it's a hardware or driver issue.

Edited by Stilgara