Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Surging Dash build help requested

Blades_In_The_Dark

Question

As the title suggests, I'd appreciate some insight into making a viable build centered around Slash Dash because I have an RJ/EB Excal that I absolutely cannot stand because it feels like I'm not really a swordfighter. I tried an RB build, and I hated that too.

Slash Dash, with its animation and sound effects, evokes the games of yore for me: playing Mitsurugi in Soul Caliber, Yoshimitsu in Tekken, and Ukyo Tachibana from Samurai Showdown III. 

With Naramon focus and a Nikana Prime running the infamous Body Count/Blood Rush cheese, I figure it ought to be powerful enough to do most of the basic trash like lowbie Survivals and stuff. Just for fun. I don't expect to be doing Raids or 3 hour t4 runs or anything crazy. 

Blah blah blah. See how I get overly caught up in tangential explanations?! Grrr. 

Excal Dashtard 1.0 thoughts: Steel Charge, the mandatory Surging Dash mod, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Flow, Rage, Quick Thinking, and maybe Steel Fiber? Throw on Cunning Drift for a bit more range or Power Drift for a smidgen of added damage? 

7 answers to this question

i forgot to menchon that this is a Radial B. / Slash build and works good for both. Btw the max range is on porpus cause of Rb for CC wen Naramons Invis wears of and Slash D for beeing quik. also u get used to the range of SD. pretty easy and its very good to close the distance betwen targets =D

Ps, im not a native English speaker so sorry for grammar mistakes ;)

With Surging Dash, you'll want to keep the damage low if you want to keep the combo counter going up as high as you can.

I've tried a similar build to what you have and ended up two shotting Vor in a T4S with the Nikana Prime after racking up around 1000 on my combo. Although I didn't have Fleeting Expertise on and put on Armored Agility for the extra armor and having a longer blind if I found myself cornered.

3 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

With Surging Dash, you'll want to keep the damage low if you want to keep the combo counter going up as high as you can.

I've tried a similar build to what you have and ended up two shotting Vor in a T4S with the Nikana Prime after racking up around 1000 on my combo. Although I didn't have Fleeting Expertise on and put on Armored Agility for the extra armor and having a longer blind if I found myself cornered.

Thanks again, Surreal! Lol you're a busy little bee tonight aren't you! Everywhere I look, you're there adding to the discussion or answering questions. When I've conquered the Grineer and ascended as their goddess, I will mention your name and have statues erected in your honor, good sir.

13 minutes ago, LilithBlack said:

Thanks again, Surreal! Lol you're a busy little bee tonight aren't you! Everywhere I look, you're there adding to the discussion or answering questions. When I've conquered the Grineer and ascended as their goddess, I will mention your name and have statues erected in your honor, good sir.

Just contributing what I know from my two and a half years of this game.

Surging dash currently is broken (it dose +2 insted of +4) ones fixed try this i love it =D

- Naramon with all the Passives Maxed

- Excal build:

(yes i know the Forma is a bit all over the place ;-) )

2A357FB82F4A75166912C8F1DF27AC2678F7A1C1

- And mele weapon of choice, i like the Nikana with the Tranquil Clive Stance (Weeping Wounds and Buzz Kill are interchangable for a elemental combo like Corrosive dmg, however the with the Weeping Wounds mod u will be getting those nice bleed procs wich ignore armor and shelds and that scales pretty well)

D9983536C2FED6939FEC0213422B2225E3338F6F

11 hours ago, IIIEvandarIII said:

Surging dash currently is broken (it dose +2 insted of +4) ones fixed try this i love it =D

- Naramon with all the Passives Maxed

- Excal build:

(yes i know the Forma is a bit all over the place ;-) )

2A357FB82F4A75166912C8F1DF27AC2678F7A1C1

- And mele weapon of choice, i like the Nikana with the Tranquil Clive Stance (Weeping Wounds and Buzz Kill are interchangable for a elemental combo like Corrosive dmg, however the with the Weeping Wounds mod u will be getting those nice bleed procs wich ignore armor and shelds and that scales pretty well)

D9983536C2FED6939FEC0213422B2225E3338F6F

Sadly, I never did find a happy medium. That was months ago and I never did incorporate Slash Dash into a style that satisfied what I was after---but I never tried Weeping Wounds on my melee, and I avoided Overextended alongside Stretch because I was flinging all over hell---but I was foolishly avoiding Excal's other powers, too. Once my forma get done baking, I'll have a proper look at him and give him another chance. Thank you very much for a better perspective!