The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

Just now, Ghost333 said:

Lysandra shrugged. "Eh, these guys aren't too bad. They're sort of a mix between Greeks and Victorian Britain in that they love the little empire they have but are more interested in luxury than anything else. Hell, they have an entire house pretty much dedicated to getting out in the universe and boozing it up and meeting the locals." She let out an almost dreamy-sounding sigh. "Man, those guys are the best."

Hades sighed. "The last god I met tried to turn me into a giant fish-monster to use as armor. And the ones from my childhood were dead-set on eating the universe..."

7 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Asholes..." he paused and shook his head. "If you want to get to know me better, then fire your questions away. I have a stash of answers crying to be put out"

-

"Women, galls, birds, chicks, girls, sunshines, bloody daisies" He exclaimed, providing the translation to that weird "mot" word. "Just like this one daring birdy" he pointed at the Zephyr who was arguably conscious but obviously convulsing periodically at the bar table.

The Banshee blushed when Teloch stood up to the screaming idiot. Although that wasn't necesary, it was heart warming and kind of him for her... unless he did it for himself, which made her chuckle internaly. Losing the tint of red on her cheeks before the Rhino could turn around, he would see her supporting her chin with her hand "You're a true gentleman Teloch. I wonder if you were always like this... Tell me, is your charming personality completely natural, or is some of it forced?"

-

"Eh, sometimes there's more, sometimes less. Not too long ago this was a sausage fest, with even two boys at the same table, imagine that! Patience, young padawnan, and the galls come to you." the hostess told him, giggling a bit when the Zephyr failed to notice him. Well, not like she's going to stay at that living calculator for long.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

The Banshee blushed when Teloch stood up to the screaming idiot. Although that wasn't necesary, it was heart warming and kind of him for her... unless he did it for himself, which made her chuckle internaly. Losing the tint of red on her cheeks before the Rhino could turn around, he would see her supporting her chin with her hand "You're a true gentleman Teloch. I wonder if you were always like this... Tell me, is your charming personality completely natural, or is some of it forced?"

-

"Eh, sometimes there's more, sometimes less. Not too long ago this was a sausage fest, with even two boys at the same table, imagine that! Patience, young padawnan, and the galls come to you." the hostess told him, giggling a bit when the Zephyr failed to notice him. Well, not like she's going to stay at that living calculator for long.

((living calculator FROM THE FUTURE, thank you very much XD))

7 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades sighed. "The last god I met tried to turn me into a giant fish-monster to use as armor. And the ones from my childhood were dead-set on eating the universe..."

"Wow. Just...wow. Your gods suck."

A crashing sound came from the general direction of the pinball machines. If anyone looked over, they would have seen an Ash somehow tangled up inside a broken pinball machine. At a first glance, one could be forgiven for thinking that the appendage sticking straight up in the air was an arm*.

"Help...please!" Umbra groaned meekly. "He's trying to steal my credit chit!"

*It's actually one of Umbra's legs. Suffice to say, the pinball machine was not impressed.

((Excuse me, I am very determined when it comes to writing a story in-character and Lysandra doesn't abandon people who look like they need a hug/snuggle that easily.))

Edited by Ghost333
Harumph!

2 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

"Wow. Just...wow. Your gods suck."

A crashing sound came from the general direction of the pinball machines. If anyone looked over, they would have seen an Ash somehow tangled up inside a broken pinball machine. At a first glance, one could be forgiven for thinking that the appendage sticking straight up in the air was an arm*.

*It's actually one of Umbra's legs. Suffice to say, the pinball machine was not impressed.

Hades ignored Umbra. "You tell me my gods suck? You're wrong. They're far worse. Then again, it isn't all bad... There was this one god that was actually genuinely nice to me..."

7 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

"What the..." Luv muttered. That was a sight she just had to laugh at, even if he was in pain, that's going to spacenet. She took a picture with her helmet, and after a couple more seconds snapped her fingers, sending some Ospreys to Umbras position. They... didn't seem to know what to do at first glance, something like this never happened before, and whoever programmed them didn't expect this to ever happen, duh. So they just floated there around him, beeping to eachother as if planning what to do.

Edited by Denny2669

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades ignored Umbra. "You tell me my gods suck? You're wrong. They're far worse. Then again, it isn't all bad... There was this one god that was actually genuinely nice to me..."

"Sounds like your gods suck to me." Lysandra said, finishing off her vodka and ignoring her brother. Whatever mess he was in, he got into it himself. "I mean, turning people into armour? The Ne-no wait. They do turn people into weapons sometimes, though it is usually voluntary. Something to do with Organic-to-Artificial Intelligence transfers, I don't know."

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"What..." Luv muttered. That was a sight she just had to laugh at, even if he was in pain, that's going to spacenet. She took a picture with her helmet, and after a couple more seconds snapped her fingers, sending some Ospreys to Umbras position. They... didn't seem to know what to do at first glance, something like this never happened before, and whoever programmed them didn't expect this to ever happen, duh. So they just floated there around him, beeping to eachother as if planning what to do.

Umbra tried struggling to get out of the pinball machine, but all it did was make it worse. Somehow his arms fell through the bottom and got stuck at really awkward angles and suddenly one of them stopped responding entirely. We wasn't game to turn his head and check why, but the chassis breach warning he was getting on his HUD gave some clue as to what happened.
At least I remembered to turn his pain receptors off, he thought to himself as they suddenly turned on.
"OH SWEET MODEM OF MERCY WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME, WHAT GOD DID I PISS OFF TO DESERVE THIS!? WHYYYYYYYYY?" He screamed, half-crying, half-yelling from the sudden surge of pain overloading his systems. The thought that this couldn't get any worse crossed the cybernetic organisms mind, but knowing what was going on he knew that was a bare-faced lie and an invitation for the pinball machine to try and attempt something.

2 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Umbra tried struggling to get out of the pinball machine, but all it did was make it worse. Somehow his arms fell through the bottom and got stuck at really awkward angles and suddenly one of them stopped responding entirely. We wasn't game to turn his head and check why, but the chassis breach warning he was getting on his HUD gave some clue as to what happened.
At least I remembered to turn his pain receptors off, he thought to himself as they suddenly turned on.
"OH SWEET MODEM OF MERCY WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME, WHAT GOD DID I PISS OFF TO DESERVE THIS!? WHYYYYYYYYY?" He screamed, half-crying, half-yelling from the sudden surge of pain overloading his systems. The thought that this couldn't get any worse crossed the cybernetic organisms mind, but knowing what was going on he knew that was a bare-faced lie and an invitation for the pinball machine to try and attempt something.

The Ospreys finally decided that the best course of action was to pull the poor Ash away from the pinball machine and hope for the best. About 4 of them grabbed parts of his frame with their little but strong claws, and started pulling.

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Harmony seemed slightly confused. "And why would you need such a thing?"

"Incase I want to get away with things like this" Aurum leans in and grabs her chin and when their faces are about to touch he whispers "I can't handle alcohol well" And then he sits up straight and promptly blacks out onto the table.

7 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Trying to dig already? He thought while pulling a (somewhat) funny answer, "Well, in the field, I do not usually grant hostiles with "sir" or "madam" prefixes, and, even though it would be hilarious to an extent, I do not communicate with colleagues and give orders to subordinates in a form of fancy phrases and poetry quotes. Considering that my tools are machine guns, heavy melee, and machine pistols, my "field" methods are rather contrary to how I behave in society. However, It would be hard for me to believe that you take down hostiles exclusively with the powers of your culture and fabulousness" 

He shifted a bit closer to the center of the couch, refilled glasses with wine, and changed the tune on his holographic HUD to a lively piano composition.

Spoiler

"But jokes aside: I was brought to this wicked world and raised by an overly orthodox couple of university tutor and military officer. So, as you can imagine, acting in the way I do now is rather natural in my case, and you won't see me behaving like an average patron of the Larunda relay chat either"

"And now, just before I began to consider you as an animated character of the late-Victorian prose, would you mind telling me more about your likes and dislikes? Something that can't be deducted from your social appearances. Maybe you even have a certain guilty pleasure, eh?" He smiled impishly on the last phrase 

Edited by Teloch

6 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

The Ospreys finally decided that the best course of action was to pull the poor Ash away from the pinball machine and hope for the best. About 4 of them grabbed parts of his frame with their little but strong claws, and started pulling.

Given the Ash's position and the sudden sentience the pinball machine had suddenly displayed (in addition to the sudden ability to defy physics and the conventions of reality), it took five agonizing minutes to pull Umbra out of the machine, with him alternating between screams, moans and strange clicking noises of pain to finally pull him free. When he came out, he looked more like a poorly assembled animatronic than a grim, foreboding Tenno.
He tried to say something to his rescuers, but all that came out were strange clicks and mechanical grunting noises.
Why does this happen to me? he wondered.

8 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Ugh, Zephyrs..." At first, he wanted to tell a soul-tearing story of how one of his "boozin' Fridays" almost ended up in an intercourse with a "trap" Zephyr pilot, but the sheer horror of that memory prevented him from bringing up "spicy" details. 

"Sometimes, there is something behind their codpieces" Not waiting for a comment, he instakilled one of the two remaining shots and frowned gravely.

Edited by Teloch

51 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"And now, just before I began to consider you as an animated character of the late-Victorian prose, would you mind telling me more about your likes and dislikes? Something that can't be deducted from your social appearances. Maybe you even have a certain guilty pleasure, eh?" He smiled impishly on the last phrase.

"Well now, I have no shame in revealing that to you. Something people wouldn't expect me to like is sports. Lunaro is one of them, but I enjoy others more, like tennis, or archery, if you count that as a sport these days. Although, it's difficult to find the right person to play with, as the friends I do play with either don't know how to play well, or cheat... yes, they cheat at tennis. Speaking of things that bother me, I also dislike Nekros users, up to the point that they sometimes frighten me... raising the dead, invoking fear, looting corpses, attacking the very soul of the opponent, we Tenno aren't immune to the chaos a Nekros unleashes in battle, they cause deeper mental wounds than physical ones." she took a sip from her newly filled glass, pushing the unpleasant though away "As for my guilty pleasures, lets just say I have a thing for the Balistica."

17 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

He tried to say something to his rescuers, but all that came out were strange clicks and mechanical grunting noises.
Why does this happen to me? he wondered.

The saviour Ospreys began beeping to create another plan to help the wounded Tenno. Usualy, they'd just throw health orbs till the bleeding stops, but this Tenno doesn't seem to be organic. They considered calling a Trinity, but the nearest one was too far away, and none of the tenno in this room seemed to have healing abilities. Shield Ospreys wouldn't help either... the best thing would be an Amesha Archwing, but they're not in space nor under water right now. They could try repairing him manualy with their blow torches, but that could be unpleasant... 

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Ugh, Zephyrs..." At first, he wanted to tell a soul-tearing story of how one of his "boozin' Fridays" almost ended up in an intercourse with a "trap" Zephyr pilot, but the sheer horror of that memory prevented him from bringing up "spicy" details. 

"Sometimes, there is something behind their codpieces" Not waiting for a comment, he instakilled one of the two remaining shots and frowned gravely.

It took Luv some seconds to figure out what he meant, before she could be heard muttering "I knew it!"

Fortunately for the Ospreys, they didn't need to do anything. Thin red tendrils of energy shot out from the barely-coherent wreck of Umbra's mangled chassis and began tearing apart the broken pinball machine with odd...enthusiasm. Soon there was, quite literally, nothing left of the pinball machine and Umbra slowly started coming back together, with the various dents, nicks, scratches and ruptures in his body disappearing and his limbs returning to their normal rotation.
Once he was whole again, he decided that being near the pinball machines wasn't a good idea and instead he teleported over to the bar. Granted, he couldn't get drunk, but it couldn't hurt to top off the tanks in case something else tried to mangle him. He called the bartending osprey over and ordered the strongest thing they had. One explosion later, this time the cap bouncing off the ceiling, wall, the empty space where the pinball machine was and finally the bar counter, it landed in Umbra's face, once again maintaining enough force to knock him off his seat.
On the plus side, his drink was ready.

((I think I am being too cruel to Umbra.
Such a shame really.
(Not really.)))

45 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Well now, I have no shame in revealing that to you. Something people wouldn't expect me to like is sports. Lunaro is one of them, but I enjoy others more, like tennis, or archery, if you count that as a sport these days. Although, it's difficult to find the right person to play with, as the friends I do play with either don't know how to play well, or cheat... yes, they cheat at tennis. Speaking of things that bother me, I also dislike Nekros users, up to the point that they sometimes frighten me... raising the dead, invoking fear, looting corpses, attacking the very soul of the opponent, we Tenno aren't immune to the chaos a Nekros unleashes in battle, they cause deeper mental wounds than physical ones." she took a sip from her newly filled glass, pushing the unpleasant though away "As for my guilty pleasures, lets just say I have a thing for the Balistica."

"As an actual gun nut, I can't consider your guilty pleasure all that inflammatory. Unless your affection for Ballistica has nothing to do with its main purpose. Besides, it would be a pure hypocrisy for someone who fiddles with Gorgon-family guns and Supra during free evenings to decry one's attachment to more overlooked weapon exemplars. 

You know, your choice of sports makes me consider you not as a Victorian era character, but rather an Edwardian one. But still, that is admirable"

Trying to shift the conversation from rather formal rails, he proceeded with, perhaps, unexpected question: "Imagine that you were given the power to have whatever you want for the next day. Where would you like to wake up, what would you want to have for breakfast, and how would you like to spend the day?" 

Edited by Teloch

48 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Fortunately for the Ospreys, they didn't need to do anything. Thin red tendrils of energy shot out from the barely-coherent wreck of Umbra's mangled chassis and began tearing apart the broken pinball machine with odd...enthusiasm. Soon there was, quite literally, nothing left of the pinball machine and Umbra slowly started coming back together, with the various dents, nicks, scratches and ruptures in his body disappearing and his limbs returning to their normal rotation.
Once he was whole again, he decided that being near the pinball machines wasn't a good idea and instead he teleported over to the bar. Granted, he couldn't get drunk, but it couldn't hurt to top off the tanks in case something else tried to mangle him. He called the bartending osprey over and ordered the strongest thing they had. One explosion later, this time the cap bouncing off the ceiling, wall, the empty space where the pinball machine was and finally the bar counter, it landed in Umbra's face, once again maintaining enough force to knock him off his seat.
On the plus side, his drink was ready.

Still being somewhat sombre after the memory that emerged, the forest-camoed Rhino grabbed the poor chap by his cybernetic collar while not leaving his own cosy seat, lifted the cringy Ash's core from the floor, and sat his robo-rear back on the bar stool nearby. He said nothing, just continued to muse on how infrequent sweet maidens have become these days and, perhaps, drunkenly daydreaming on how would he like to cuddle one of those on a juicy-green grass carpet of one of the Terra's northern isles under the warm summer rain. Or even [too h0t for the forums] Anyway, his gaze was aimed nowhere, as he supported his forehead with his left arm, fiddling with the last glass remaining with his right.

Edited by Teloch

Umbra fell forward onto the bar when the Rhino helped him up.
"Thank youHe said, slipping into the Orokin dialect. He removed the lower half of his facemask, revealing sharp, needle-like teeth and a decidedly non-organic interior. The Ash grabbed his drink and downed it in one shot, lemons and paper umbrellas all. "Bit fruity. Wasn't expecting that from something setting off my radiation alarms."

19 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Umbra fell forward onto the bar when the Rhino helped him up.
"Thank youHe said, slipping into the Orokin dialect. He removed the lower half of his facemask, revealing sharp, needle-like teeth and a decidedly non-organic interior. The Ash grabbed his drink and downed it in one shot, lemons and paper umbrellas all. "Bit fruity. Wasn't expecting that from something setting off my radiation alarms."

"Meh, fruits are for Mary Hicks. Try sagebrush absinthe if ye wish to flush yer crappy day and neural cells corpses through yer willy. I also heard of some potentially strong stuff called "yer tears" provided by Baro, but have never seen such stuff. You don't think he's literal, aye?"

Edited by Teloch

"You accent is indecipherable and that scares me." Umbra stated bluntly. "The only thing I understood was 'neural cells' and 'Baro.' If you want me to kill that Silent Hill knockoff, no. The bastard still owes me a @(*()$ cape."

19 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

"You accent is indecipherable and that scares me." Umbra stated bluntly. "The only thing I understood was 'neural cells' and 'Baro.' If you want me to kill that Silent Hill knockoff, no. The bastard still owes me a @(*()$ cape."

"Holy show!" the Rhino pilot exclaimed, "A man who knows not about who's Willy!"

He grabbed Luv by her sleeve

"Tell me, gal, am I hammererd already?"