The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

51 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Hades sighed. "We use pocket dimensions. No time passes there, so we can fight for longer."

The Osprey returned with the three vodkas just in time. Lysandra grabbed all three and drained them completely, one after the other.
"I...I..." She stammered. "No...fhuc it. Thatsch just...wow. I schould not have done...done...done that! That! Thaaaaaat was the woord i was lookin' for...jhess that Ember over there is hot...why is she w-w-wasting time flirting with Edgerton?"

27 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

The Osprey returned with the three vodkas just in time. Lysandra grabbed all three and drained them completely, one after the other.
"I...I..." She stammered. "No...fhuc it. Thatsch just...wow. I schould not have done...done...done that! That! Thaaaaaat was the woord i was lookin' for...jhess that Ember over there is hot...why is she w-w-wasting time flirting with Edgerton?"

Hades sighed. "Aaaaand I weirded you out. Welp, bye."

Hades stood up and sighed.

1 hour ago, Ghost333 said:

"Sch-shhhh-shee ya, then." Lysandra gave Hades a wave farewell. She nested her head in her hands and stared at the Ember talking to Umbra. "I thoight I attrachted the *hic* cute onesh..."

Hades walked out of the bar and looked depressed. Harmony just sighed. "Hades and Hermes both... seriously, what is it with this family...?"

11 hours ago, Ghost333 said:

Umbra chuckled. "Lady, when I was flesh-and-blood, I couldn't get enough of that good sh*ttm. Ya don't have to act like it isn't a thing. I've been there. Hell, chocolate addiction was the entire reason I stole the damn stuff in the first place."

"It's just that people are quick to judge when it comes to any kind of addiction. Not like I care about what they think, but the best Orokin tech engineer around is going to get less business when she turn out to be an addicted chocolate muncher. So... don't tell anyone, unless you like fire to the skin as much as I do" Luv replied, keeping up a casual smile.

"Lady, I have no skin left and my repair nanites are overclocked trying to keep the day-to-day stress of me walking, running, jumping and generally defying physics from shattering my internal framework." Umbra replied matter-of-factly. "Fire doesn't scare me. That being said, why would I go spreading rumours about you? I don't even know you. Spreading rumours about possibly sweet and loving people is the third worst thing anyone can do in my books."

Note to self, 
Umbra added in thought. Figure out how to replicate food and then make a tidy profit off of selling replica white-gold chocolate.

"Good to hear we're on the same page, I guess. So, you're a... wait, Scar told me to be careful what to call you... cyber organism? Oh, and Scar is my boss, if you still rember him." Luv asked. She wondered if he was flirting, or just being nice. Does he even realize it ?

"Cybernetic Organism. Cyborg would imply I have any meaty bits left, Robot implies I never had any to begin with. As for Scar...I swear the name rings a bell, but I can't put my finger on it. Carcere also seems to be ringing a bell, but in all honesty I haven't heard anything about it since I escaped*." Umbra shrugged. "Anyway, I suppose you are going to absolve me of my negligence and tell me who Scar is?"
In the distance, if one listened closely, they could hear a slurred shout of 'DIGGANOBZ!' followed shortly by a metallic clang.

*I like to believe that Imprisonment of the Tenno would have ended with Umbra hijacking the ship, turning the on-board gravity systems off, putting the ship into a stationary spin while blaring 'You Spin Me Right Round' over the intercom. 'Cause that's just how Umbra do.

9 hours ago, Ghost333 said:

"Cybernetic Organism. Cyborg would imply I have any meaty bits left, Robot implies I never had any to begin with. As for Scar...I swear the name rings a bell, but I can't put my finger on it. Carcere also seems to be ringing a bell, but in all honesty I haven't heard anything about it since I escaped*." Umbra shrugged. "Anyway, I suppose you are going to absolve me of my negligence and tell me who Scar is?"
In the distance, if one listened closely, they could hear a slurred shout of 'DIGGANOBZ!' followed shortly by a metallic clang.

*I like to believe that Imprisonment of the Tenno would have ended with Umbra hijacking the ship, turning the on-board gravity systems off, putting the ship into a stationary spin while blaring 'You Spin Me Right Round' over the intercom. 'Cause that's just how Umbra do.

((Yeah, let's go with that, cause why not? There's no cannon ending to IoTT anyway.))

"The edgy Ash that was with you in that prison. Y'know, edgy colors, endgy behavior, edgy scar on his face, hence the edgy name, had something for some Corpus woman there, edgy past... man, I just realized, he's edge incarnate! All he needs now are some super sayan powers and darker colors and he can win the edgelord competition" Luv explained.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

((Yeah, let's go with that, cause why not? There's no cannon ending to IoTT anyway.))

"The edgy Ash that was with you in that prison. Y'know, edgy colors, endgy behavior, edgy scar on his face, hence the edgy name, had something for some Corpus woman there, edgy past... man, I just realized, he's edge incarnate! All he needs now are some super sayan powers and darker colors and he can win the edgelord competition" Luv explained.

"Huh. Guess the whole experience was buried under all the other random and 'exciting' stuff I usually go on. Completely forgot about that. Ah, the days of mortality...I do not miss them." Umbra sighed. "Wait, did you just backhandedly call me an edgelord?"

1 minute ago, Ghost333 said:

"Huh. Guess the whole experience was buried under all the other random and 'exciting' stuff I usually go on. Completely forgot about that. Ah, the days of mortality...I do not miss them." Umbra sighed. "Wait, did you just backhandedly call me an edgelord?"

She chuckled "Not really. The only edgy thing can say about you are the colors and your supposed immortality. Other than that you're an OK guy"

The Ember laughed, casting an addictive smile. She snapped her fingers, after which an Osprey brought her a martiny with a little umbrella... but the drink was on fire. She sipped from it like it was nothing, she likes the heat afterall. She also took the little umbrella and stuck it behind her ear, still burning. That's one hot Ember...

"You probably get this a lot," Umbra said, quietly regretting where this conversation was about to go (possibly). "But girl, you are hotThe line was proceeded immediately by a rimshot, causing Umbra to look around in confusion. "That was not me. Anyway...crap, I can't think of an 'Ember' pun..."

Godsh damnit Umbra, you ushelessh barshtadLysandra thought to herself as she watched her brother make the cringeworthy pickup line. You don't even have comp...compat...comatabul...you don' have the hardware to make it work!

"Wait, how are you able to withstand that? I wasn't aware of any Embers that were literally immune or resistant to fire."

The Ember laughed again "You're right, I do get that alot. And it's not like both meanings aren't right~"

Taking another sip, she addressed his second concern "Well, I guess I'm a natural. I'm not only immune to heat, I like it. I even removed the cooling sistem from my frame, anyone else would be cooked alive in my place. That's why I said I like the feeling of fire to the skin..."

"That sounds physically impossible." Umbra said. "Unless your flesh is infused with some sort of metal, pretty sure you should be looking like a Salamander right now."

As a safety precaution, Umbra focused a thermal scan on Luv with the intent of identifying what the hell her operating temperature was.

For some reason, all Umbras scans would come up with is a text saying "HOT STUFF". ((Just roll with it, I never bothered making a logical explaination. Let Embers be hot! (In more ways than just one~).))

"Hey, I'm no biologist. Besides, who cares if it should or shouldn't be possible? Nobody seems to give a sh!t about the ridiculousness which is the Void, AKA space magic, cause it also makes no sense neither. Just like my passion for fire." She took another sip.

"Lucky you, I'm no longer connected to the void." Umbra muttered bitterly. "My defiance of physics comes entirely from my nanites. They aren't as fast as the old me, but they work. And dear GOD are they lethal." The Ash chuckled. "Plus they let me cheat my abilities a little. You know how most Ash warframes need a target for their teleport? I can teleport wherever I want, but that's just the more mundane side of things."

"Cool" Luv said "I'm also a bit different for some reason. For example, I can still use my powers without my frame, only weaker. And you know how back in the day, Embers could set themselves on fire? Well, I can still do that, and boy is it fun. Just like this!" she snapped her fingers again, and suddenly her whole frame was set ablaze except for her head. Her eyes were half closed for a second, as if she was enjoying it. She downed the rest of her drink, the little umbrella behind her ear already nothing but ash.

3 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Umbra was fairly certain being a naked flame in a bar was a bad idea. "No offence meant lady, but you need to simmer down-WHO IS MAKING THOSE RIMSHOTS!? Anyway, fire and alcohol is a bad mix. Explosively bad."

Luv sighed "Alright..." she didn't even bother snapping her fingers this time, just extinguishing the flames in a second. Shaking off the ash from her ear, she didn't seem to care about the random rimshots, at least they were fitting. 
"Anyway, I saw you walking in here with somebody else, a birdy-bird. She your sister or something?"

"My one and only." Umbra said, a tinge of pride in his voice. "She's a sweet lass, if a bit direct. She has a weakness for cute things." He passed a glance over to Lysandra, becoming aware of the stare that she was directing at Luv. "Case in point, it seems."

Luv turned around, meeting gaze with the mentioned Zephyr. She chuckled a bit before turning around again, she had no idea she was this hot. "I have a brother, one I doubt would speak of me the way you do about your sister. Annoying, full of pride, you may have seen him on TV once or twice. Still, he's my bro, and I'd save him from his crazy fangirls any day" she sighed "Weakness for cute things you say? I have just the thing..." she whisled, calling something over...

Lysandra blinked in surprise. Was Umbra trying to deflect the Ember her way or something? It'd be the first time Umbra actually approved of her dating someone, but still.

"I don't watch TV. I don't have the time. Well, I do, but it's just so gods-damned boring. It's like they think that we're all children or something." Umbra called the bartender over and ordered a bowl of peanuts, partially because his energy reserves weren't completely full and because he felt like he needed something to do when he wasn't talking. "Wait, what are you planning?"

12 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Lysandra blinked in surprise. Was Umbra trying to deflect the Ember her way or something? It'd be the first time Umbra actually approved of her dating someone, but still.

"I don't watch TV. I don't have the time. Well, I do, but it's just so gods-damned boring. It's like they think that we're all children or something." Umbra called the bartender over and ordered a bowl of peanuts, partially because his energy reserves weren't completely full and because he felt like he needed something to do when he wasn't talking. "Wait, what are you planning?"

Not too many seconds later, a small, robotic kubrow pup with green energy shining through parts of its plating and eyes rushed through the door and stopped at Luvs stool. It wiggled its tail in excitement "There you are boy!" she picked it up and sat it down on her lap, petting it. It seemed to react just like a normal pup would, which is odd given it's a robot "I agree there are better things than TV, especially Orokin hunter drones like this one. Seems like you two have things in common" the drone eyed Umbra from the comfort of its owner, tail still wiggling.