The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

*A 18-20 year old kid wearing all grey with a torn up black adventurers cape walks in and sits down at table* *he has black hair with a very slight unnoticeable brown tint to it and unnaturally bright blue eyes*

(My posts may be a little slow due to my que. that ryhmes)

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

7 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

*A 18-20 year old kid wearing all grey with a torn up black adventurers cape walks in and sits down at table* *he has black hair with a very slight unnoticeable brown tint to it and unnaturally bright blue eyes*

(My posts may be a little slow due to my que. that ryhmes)

((Just a note for you RN since its a little slow you may be better trying to meet up with someone whos here instead of waiting for another to show up.))

9 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Not too many seconds later, a small, robotic kubrow pup with green energy shining through parts of its plating and eyes rushed through the door and stopped at Luvs stool. It wiggled its tail in excitement "There you are boy!" she picked it up and sat it down on her lap, petting it. It seemed to react just like a normal pup would, which is odd given it's a robot "I agree there are better things than TV, especially Orokin hunter drones like this one. Seems like you two have things in common" the drone eyed Umbra from the comfort of its owner, tail still wiggling.

Umbra chuckled and gave the robo-pup a pat on the head. "Heh, I haven't seen something this adorable since Lyse and I were teens." An annoyed squarking came from Umbra's head as a black-and-grey shade sentinel decloaked, eyeing the Ash and the kubrow pup with its mandible mask. "Shadow, You cheeky beanie! How long have you been there?"
The Shade made a noise like an annoyed huff, lifting off into the air and floating over to Lysandra, setting down atop her head. Umbra was certain he saw it stick out a tongue (since when did it have a tongue?) out shortly before cloaking again.
"...well THAT happened."

And as if the universe decided it's sense of humour was going to be 'seeing Umbra get injured a lot,' the seat the Ash was sitting on collapsed suddenly, sending the cybernetic mercenary crashing to the ground with a yelp.

The Ember couldn't help but laugh at the Ashs sudden misfortune. "Those stools cost a lot, I have no idea how you managed to break one..." She then turned her stool to look at the Zephyr "Alright lil' guy. See that Birdbrain over there? Go play with her!" She whispered to the drone, which on command jumped out of Luvs embrace and bolted towards the Zephyr. Once there, it stopped at her table a cutely barked to get her attention.

5 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

The Ember couldn't help but laugh at the Ashs sudden misfortune. "Those stools cost a lot, I have no idea how you managed to break one..." She then turned her stool to look at the Zephyr "Alright lil' guy. See that Birdbrain over there? Go play with her!" She whispered to the drone, which on command jumped out of Luvs embrace and bolted towards the Zephyr. Once there, it stopped at her table a cutely barked to get her attention.

Lysandra gave the robo-kubrow a quizzical head-tilt. "Hullo? Whosh your owner lil' guy?" She asked, ruffling the top of its head. Why was she ruffling it? It didn't have anything to ruffle.

"The universe hates me. I swear it." Umbra hissed. He stood up and grabbed another stool, testing it for strength before sitting on it.
Clink the coins, roll the dice: see where chance takes your life
How can it be? By a chair undone? Umbra, my good sir, you rolled 'One!'

To the alarm of possibly everyone, the chair was, somehow, on the one patch of ground that was either slippery to the point of absurdity or locked in the same place as a space-time anomaly. As Umbra pressed down on the seat, three things happened at almost at the same time:
1: The legs of the chair suddenly became animate and kicked Umbra in the groin. This achieved nothing immediately major, but it succeeded in bending Umbra over from the force alone.
2: The seat turned into a gigantic hockey puck, and some unseen force sent it flying into Umbra's face, denting the metal a good 5 centimeters and tearing it in places. Fortunately, Umbra didn't have a majority of his vital processing power located in his helmet.
3: The bracing between the legs somehow came lose and started floating around, whacking the Ash across the back of the head. Thanks to the seat, this achieved nothing at all.
All this happened within the span of about three seconds in a complete blink-and-you'll-miss-it-fashion. To anyone who wasn't directly watching it would have seemed that at one moment Umbra was leaning on a bar stool and the next he was flat on his arse with a hunk of wood sticking (thankfully non-lethally) out of his head.
Umbra growled quietly, yanking the seat out of his helmet. "I think I'll just stand."

((I can't believe it. I rolled a 1d20 for sitting on a chair and it got a 1.
HOW DO YOU CRITICALLY FAIL SITTING ON A CHAIR!?
Like that, apparently.))

4 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Lysandra gave the robo-kubrow a quizzical head-tilt. "Hullo? Whosh your owner lil' guy?" She asked, ruffling the top of its head. Why was she ruffling it? It didn't have anything to ruffle.

"The universe hates me. I swear it." Umbra hissed. He stood up and grabbed another stool, testing it for strength before sitting on it.
Clink the coins, roll the dice: see where chance takes your life
How can it be? By a chair undone? Umbra, my good sir, you rolled 'One!'

To the alarm of possibly everyone, the chair was, somehow, on the one patch of ground that was either slippery to the point of absurdity or locked in the same place as a space-time anomaly. As Umbra pressed down on the seat, three things happened at almost at the same time:
1: The legs of the chair suddenly became animate and kicked Umbra in the groin. This achieved nothing immediately major, but it succeeded in bending Umbra over from the force alone.
2: The seat turned into a gigantic hockey puck, and some unseen force sent it flying into Umbra's face, denting the metal a good 5 centimeters and tearing it in places. Fortunately, Umbra didn't have a majority of his vital processing power located in his helmet.
3: The bracing between the legs somehow came lose and started floating around, whacking the Ash across the back of the head. Thanks to the seat, this achieved nothing at all.
All this happened within the span of about three seconds in a complete blink-and-you'll-miss-it-fashion. To anyone who wasn't directly watching it would have seemed that at one moment Umbra was leaning on a bar stool and the next he was flat on his arse with a hunk of wood sticking (thankfully non-lethally) out of his head.
Umbra growled quietly, yanking the seat out of his helmet. "I think I'll just stand."

((I can't believe it. I rolled a 1d20 for sitting on a chair and it got a 1.
HOW DO YOU CRITICALLY FAIL SITTING ON A CHAIR!?
Like that, apparently.))

Harmony stared at the scene, only just managing to prevent herself from facepalming.

Luv didn't even notice what happened, which is a pity, she'd laugh her @as off. She was busy watching her drone play [-] (with another victim) [/-] with the drunk Zephyr. It warms her already burning heart every time, and the robot pup knew just what to do.

The drone pushed its head against Lysandras hand, making it obvious to her that it does feel touch and likes being pet. Who can resist the adorableness of a robotic pup that just so happens to also be a killing machine?

((Looks like Umbra is not welcome in this universe XD))

Edited by Denny2669

53 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Luv didn't even notice what happened, which is a pity, she'd laugh her @as off. She was busy watching her drone play [-] (with another victim) [/-] with the drunk Zephyr. It warms her already burning heart every time, and the robot pup knew just what to do.

The drone pushed its head against Lysandras hand, making it obvious to her that it does feel touch and likes being pet. Who can resist the adorableness of a robotic pup that just so happens to also be a killing machine?

((Looks like Umbra is not welcome in this universe XD))

The birdbrained mercenary giggled drunkenly. "Cute as a bug you are. Oh, I'd shteal ya if I thought I wouldn't break someones heart." She scratched the mecha-pup behind it's ears with both hands. "Hoo'sh a gooboy, huh? Hooshagoodboy?"

Umbra started at his sister, slightly impressed but overwhelmingly worried. "She's actually drunk off her &#!." He muttered quietly. "She's actually drunk off her &#!. Christ, I haven't seen her this smashed since...ever."

The pup let out a satisfied bark.

"Drunk? Huh, that explains her movement..." Luv commented "Wait, since she's your sis', isn't she a 'cybernetic organism' too? Shouldn't she have some sistem inside her to flush the alcohol out? Cause the anti-alcohol Ospreys aren't exactly... pleasant to deal with..."

"No, she's...80%? I don't know, but she's entirely organic." Umbra explained. "I would have thought with all that mad science the Orokin put her through she'd survive at least ten bottles of Vodka before even showing signs of being drunk. I'm only a Cybernetic Organism because getting all of your skin melted off and having a warframe fused to the remaining muscle is a gateway experience to cybernetic augmentation. Also, she actually enjoys having meaty bits." The Ash coughed awkwardly. "So, uh, there's that too."

Lysandra giggled and leaned a bit too far over, falling off the seat and onto the floor. Laughing it off, she rolled over to the Ku-bot (Kubrot?) and resumed grooming it.
"Yoush a good boy, aincha? Yesh you are! You *hic* are a byootiful cyberdoge!"

"Mein gott, it's like watching a trainwreck. A cute, adorable trainwreck."

On 08/05/2016 at 1:57 PM, Teloch said:

"As an actual gun nut, I can't consider your guilty pleasure all that inflammatory. Unless your affection for Ballistica has nothing to do with its main purpose. Besides, it would be a pure hypocrisy for someone who fiddles with Gorgon-family guns and Supra during free evenings to decry one's attachment to more overlooked weapon exemplars. 

You know, your choice of sports makes me consider you not as a Victorian era character, but rather an Edwardian one. But still, that is admirable"

Trying to shift the conversation from rather formal rails, he proceeded with, perhaps, unexpected question: "Imagine that you were given the power to have whatever you want for the next day. Where would you like to wake up, what would you want to have for breakfast, and how would you like to spend the day?" 

"An interesting question..." Melody commented "I'd most likely wake up in my room. I can't think of any place more cozy and comfortable, with newly washed bedsheets. Although, I may have someone wake up beside me for a change..." she smiled "As for breakfast, something expensive, like the prized martian jellyfish. I'd be eating in a garden, but one that is outdoors on Earth, under a cherry blossom tree. The rest of the day I'd do different things: a game of tennis, have a drink with friends, try out antique instruments maybe have a concert... I'd figure something out as the day goes on. A day isn't perfect if you know about everything that's going to happen, including the surprises."

7 hours ago, Ghost333 said:

"No, she's...80%? I don't know, but she's entirely organic." Umbra explained. "I would have thought with all that mad science the Orokin put her through she'd survive at least ten bottles of Vodka before even showing signs of being drunk. I'm only a Cybernetic Organism because getting all of your skin melted off and having a warframe fused to the remaining muscle is a gateway experience to cybernetic augmentation. Also, she actually enjoys having meaty bits." The Ash coughed awkwardly. "So, uh, there's that too."

Lysandra giggled and leaned a bit too far over, falling off the seat and onto the floor. Laughing it off, she rolled over to the Ku-bot (Kubrot?) and resumed grooming it.
"Yoush a good boy, aincha? Yesh you are! You *hic* are a byootiful cyberdoge!"

"Mein gott, it's like watching a trainwreck. A cute, adorable trainwreck."

Luv laughed at the adorable drunk, she should send the drone to drunk people more often. But where's the fun if she won't remember?

She snapped her fingers again, summoning a small green Osprey above the Zephyr. How she manages to make different commands with the same finger snap remains a mistery. Lysandra shouldn't notice the Osprey unless she was to look directly at it.

"Alright, that over there is an anti-alcohol Osprey, it sucks out the stuff from your blood in seconds, making you sobber again. The downside is that it's really unpleasant, so she might struggle a bit. I can tell it to begin right now, but if you don't wanna..." Luv casually explained to Umbra, since he's the Zephyrs brother.

The pup realized the situation, so it tried to keep Lysandras attention away from the Osprey. It even tried to imitate the kubrow that won the spacenet, Doge.

12 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"An interesting question..." Melody commented "I'd most likely wake up in my room. I can't think of any place more cozy and comfortable, with newly washed bedsheets. Although, I may have someone wake up beside me for a change..." she smiled "As for breakfast, something expensive, like the prized martian jellyfish. I'd be eating in a garden, but one that is outdoors on Earth, under a cherry blossom tree. The rest of the day I'd do different things: a game of tennis, have a drink with friends, try out antique instruments maybe have a concert... I'd figure something out as the day goes on. A day isn't perfect if you know about everything that's going to happen, including the surprises."

"I thought you would say something like "waking from the lazy mid-day slumber on a beach of some desolate South-Pacific paradise isle, taking a few long sips of Sangria Bonita, and listening to the song of the ocean until the moment the Sun disappear behind the red horizon" but that also works. And please, don't give me that look. My imagination depicts weird scenes sometimes; especially if there's "fuel" for it in the vicinity.

Although, it feels like I selfishly occupied all of the broadcast. Perhaps there are questions that you wish to terrorize me with?"  

Appears like someone decided to go full "frontal assault". The moment turned out a bit ironic, considering the fact this particular Rhino pilot is an actual heavy vanguard unit.

((I screamed internally while typing this))

Edited by Teloch

"I...I honestly should give the go-ahead, but I'd probably have a few choice words within the next few hours. Or days." Umbra sighed. Then again, Lysandra did have that drinking game that one time with Snakeblood scotch* and survived, so a few bottles of Vodka probably wouldn't kill her. "Eh, she'll be fine. Probably safer to just cut her off for the time being."

Lysandra laughed in a rapturous manner that only people who are drunk and tiny children could manage, "M-much *hic* cute! Very Wow!" she howled, slapping herself on the knee. Even if her attention were to wander over the osprey in her mirthful stupor, she wouldn't notice it.

11 hours ago, Teloch said:

"I thought you would say something like "waking from the lazy mid-day slumber on a beach of some desolate South-Pacific paradise isle, taking a few long sips of Sangria Bonita, and listening to the song of the ocean until the moment the Sun disappear behind the red horizon" but that also works. And please, don't give me that look. My imagination depicts weird scenes sometimes; especially if there's "fuel" for it in the vicinity.

Although, it feels like I selfishly occupied all of the broadcast. Perhaps there are questions that you wish to terrorize me with?"  

Appears like someone decided to go full "frontal assault". The moment turned out a bit ironic, considering the fact this particular Rhino pilot is an actual heavy vanguard unit.

((I screamed internally while typing this))

"I think we've been terrorising each other for enough hours already" said Melody  "We could either change our way of verbal communication before it begins to show tints of boredom, and don't get me wrong I could sit and listen to you all day, but the less we have something the more we enjoy it. Or, perhaps we could find a different way to amuse ourselves? What do you think Teloch?"

7 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I think we've been terrorising each other for enough hours already" said Melody  "We could either change our way of verbal communication before it begins to show tints of boredom, and don't get me wrong I could sit and listen to you all day, but the less we have something the more we enjoy it. Or, perhaps we could find a different way to amuse ourselves? What do you think Teloch?"

"Sure. What's the point in crushing a bottle of something that was made to be tasted. As for the ways to amuse ourselves further, there are some arrangeable methods which purely depends on how you recognize the current situation and how badly you wish to embarrassedly hide your gaze the next morning. So, may I know your thoughts and evaluations? Just so I could scheme the routes"

((*internal screeching intensifies*))

Luv nodded, sending the Osprey away. With nothing to say really, she just continued watching. She thought about recording this, but her helmet was off, and it would be kinda rude.

Oncd the Osprey left, the pup played like it wanted again. It started jumping from side to side, letting out a series of cute, high-pitched barks while it circles around the Zephyr.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

Luv nodded, sending the Osprey away. With nothing to say really, she just continued watching. She thought about recording this, but her helmet was off, and it would be kinda rude.

Oncd the Osprey left, the pup played like it wanted again. It started jumping from side to side, letting out a series of cute, high-pitched barks while it circles around the Zephyr.

Umbra sighed. "She has her own Kubrow, yet she's adamant on hugging everyone else's pets. I swear if I let her, she'd have pets stacked to the rafters on her ship."

Lysandra scooped the pupper up and hugged it tight, nuzzling it's metal face. "I could just play with ya for ages, but you probably have an owner to get back to, huh? Who owns ya, pupper?" She looked forlorn as she said this, wanting to keep the robotic puppy for herself. Then again, Sir No-Fun-Allowed-Yes-I-Know-The-Hypocrisy would get up her for owning more than one pet. Honestly, there was at least enough space for two Kubrows back on her ship...plus a sand skate, three kavats and maaaaybe a Lanx, if she felt like installing a fish tank. Pfft, she thought to herself. Pleeeeeenty of room.

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Sure. What's the point in crushing a bottle of something that was made to be tasted. As for the ways to amuse ourselves further, there are some arrangeable methods which purely depends on how you recognize the current situation and how badly you wish to embarrassedly hide your gaze the next morning. So, may I know your thoughts and evaluations? Just so I could scheme the routes"

((*internal screeching intensifies*))

Melody let out a low chuckle "I wonder who would hide their gaze in the morning..." she switched her legs "Perhaps we could find another place more... private, to continue this conversation? My personal quarters aren't that far, we could talk about those arrangements on the way, as well as my thoughts and evaluations..." she smiled at him.

2 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Melody let out a low chuckle "I wonder who would hide their gaze in the morning..." she switched her legs "Perhaps we could find another place more... private, to continue this conversation? My personal quarters aren't that far, we could talk about those arrangements on the way, as well as my thoughts and evaluations..." she smiled at him.

He lifted his brow in a way a stereotypical nobleman does when want to make a subtle hint the curiousness of the situation happening and his own interoperability.

"After the three previous dates that resulted in time and financial losses for the sake of politeness, for this one I schemed to include a crusade to a theater or an orchestra hall with the display of my culinary skills following shortly after, but rules are rules, and lady's wishes are prior". He shrugged playfully and stood up, slightly stretching his right arm and hiding his left behind his back.

"Wouldn't you object giving your hostess friend a little sign of recognition of her venture success?" He smiled both playfully and somewhat impishly.

((>_<))

Edited by Teloch