Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other Support Characters

Anaphaxaton

As a preface to this, I'm not here to complain about the Lotus. What I'm on about is the matter of how much you hear her in game & how seldom anyone else. I know you folks at DE seem to really like the Lotus, & over the last year have been fleshing out her character & casting her in a new light through her sheer devotion to the Tenno. But while the Second Dream's cinematics still had considerable punch, the effects of the Lotus' part both in the latter quest & in Natah were, unfortunately, dampened by the fact that I've heard all the Lotus' usual in game lines so often I barely even register her speaking in game anymore, & when she does say something new there's a mild sense of wonder just at that in & of itself. This even translates in places into in game effects, such as nobody realizing she's even speaking as she warns of dwindling life support.

I would very much like to see (& pay for!) a mechanic whereby just as players may equip a different selection of voices for their character, they might buy a 'support pack' in order to hear, say, Ordis, Jordas, Baro, Darvo or even Neffie, Salad or a Syndicate leader in non-story missions in lieu of the Lotus.

In plot terms, I feel this would fit well into the idea that some Tenno are mercenary in nature, & might choose to align more regularly with Simaris or Baro, or more willingly with a character who might one day be an enemy necessary to eliminate. Missions against the same faction could easily be framed as industrial sabotage or eliminating or punishing a rival party within the faction. It would also give even more punch to seeing the Lotus than has commanded any other foreign support character appearing on your screen. Like "Oh, the boss! This is serious."

& above all I feel quite sure it'd be a hot seller ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really think syndicate leaders should do all the talking in their missions. Just like Baro already does when you go and help Clem. Depending on what the starchart rework will bring, yes, having more ... erm ... "contractees", who'll also guide us through the missions, would be nice.