Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone obtained Jolt from hives?

4InLine

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes. I got 2/3 of my rare electric mods from hives, including Jolt. You need to remember that those drops are exceedingly rare. Also that you don't have to get all 3 caches in order to get them. Every cache you open has a minuscule chance of dropping a rare electric mod. Keep at it, remember that Baro occasionally sells them, and if you get a duplicate try to trade it for what you're missing. 

47 minutes ago, Lysserd said:

Yes. I got 2/3 of my rare electric mods from hives, including Jolt. You need to remember that those drops are exceedingly rare. Also that you don't have to get all 3 caches in order to get them. Every cache you open has a minuscule chance of dropping a rare electric mod. Keep at it, remember that Baro occasionally sells them, and if you get a duplicate try to trade it for what you're missing. 

Assuming the Wiki never lies (insert angry professor rant), the dual stat Electric Mods are only available from opening the 3rd Cache.

Source

I've gotten my after traipsing through those ships for over a month, about 2 runs per day, more during the weekends. Thank goodness for Netflix.

1 hour ago, Ojimaru said:

Assuming the Wiki never lies (insert angry professor rant), the dual stat Electric Mods are only available from opening the 3rd Cache.

Source

I've gotten my after traipsing through those ships for over a month, about 2 runs per day, more during the weekends. Thank goodness for Netflix.

Actually just the first cache gives the "C rotation". Also I got all the other stuff that can drop in C rot (the other 3 mods, alad nav coord, cores, etc).

So, I'm a victim of the bad RNG :'v

2 hours ago, Ojimaru said:

Source

Source that you never read, apparently. Look in the Rewards section.

Each resource cache in Hive Sabotage missions has a chance to reward players with a High Voltage, Jolt, Shell Shock, Voltaic Strike, or Mutalist Nav Coordinate. It is thus recommended to seek out all three caches before extracting to improve your chances at those rewards. 

I can confirm this is correct, at least as of last month. That's when I stopped farming electric mods.