Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

whats your Advice for new players

GrimAtrament

Question

i though i would make a thread for players with more experience in the game to give some basic advice for new plays

never EVER stand still in this game for more than 3 seconds unless you want to go down only time its safe to stand still is if your in a snow globe but even then its risky.

just though i would give a public service announcement because iv seen lots of new palyers making this mistake

also use your start plat for slots nothing else.

and never buy a prime until after you use the original weapon. so you dont waste your plat on a weapon you dont like

also missions you must finish in this order vors prize, once awake, archwing, natah, second dream dont go to the void T3-4 till after you complete these things.

just some advice

post your advice for new player

Edited by hazerddex

Carrier sentinel. Though not as powerful as kubrow it is quite useful when it comes to gathering resource that often you would end up just passing by 'cause you're being shot at or simply weren't able to see.  As a newer player you would need any and all resources that you can get and Carrier sentinel helps a ton on just that.

find a frame you enjoy playing, play it lots... find weapons you enjoy playing, put 5 forma on them in draco, play them lots. 

practice MR tests upstairs in any relay... MR tests require skills you never use anywhere else, many times. practicing the tests makes passing them much easier and less frustrating. 

use recruiting to play a variety of pick up void missions... collect prime stuff... sell prime stuff on trade chat... make plats for fashion frame

or

use wiki to find out where rare mods drop, farm mods, trade mods, make plat for fashion frame

last... fashion frame is the REAL mastery

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

Since I was a new player myself a month ago ...

Dont upgrade damaged mods, they are useless and shouldnt be even in the game IMO.

Other thing to note which is obvious if you know the game but if you are new it can be confusing ...

Your whole power / damage comes from mods and not from the lvl of a weapon. The lvl only determines how much mod capacity you have on the weapon, so more mods and more dmg. I also thought first that the weapon at least gains damage while lvling up but nope ...

TBH serration should be built in while lvling, this makes no sense IMO.

Edited by Crusher152

-Use the Wiki for any questions you have

-Clear the Star Chart so you won't have to rely on taxis for literally everything

-Buy Platinum when you get the 75% discount, it doesn't come along every day

-Focus on maxing out your mods, MR can be gained later, and means nothing past 12 but bragging rights

-Join a clan, they can be a big help

-Parkour is your best friend. Don't stand in one spot to die

-Use Warframe Market to check prices if you're not sure, and avoid beign scammed by low ballers

-Use Warframe Builder if you don't know how to build a weapon or a frame. They usually have very good builds, haven't failed me yet for LOR or Sorties, won't fail you either

-Avoid Region, it's cancerous 

Simple - unlock the star chart completely before worrying about void runs and primes.

Stick with a few weapons and frames and make them as strong as possible and farm, farm, farm for resources and mods.

Stay away from kubrows and cosmetics for the time being until your credit and resources are high.

Be wise when applying orokin reactors and cataysts; try saving them for future use as much as possible.