The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What will make Star Map 3.0 rework awesome

Fifield

What will make it awesome is making it work for everyone.  There are 5 main criteria I've though of:

1. Tenno should be able to do cakewalk, moderately easy, challenging and (nearly) impossible missions.
    This includes newbies with unmodded Mk1 weapons to 3000 hour veterans with 5 formas on everything.  Luckily, scaling works until level 120ish.  Just need to nerf enough to make the new high end equivalent to current Sortie 2 around 30 LOL.
    Just as well you're making a new solar system.  The QQing over that big a nerf would be immense.
  2. No important content should be hidden behind nearly impossible missions, but the latter should be adequately rewarded.
    Nightmare Mode doesn't work for this.  Nearly impossible missions will require perfect setups which means knowing the challenges in advance.  Sorties does this right.
  3. Tenno should not be compelled to do cakewalk or even moderately easy missions.
    That means we need a challenging way to get Nitain et al, with a better return than those Alert missions.
  4. Open up at least 2 more configurable slots on weapons.
    This means nerfing the hell out of at least 2 must-have mods on each weapon type.  This ties into #1.

5. Soloing should remain viable.
    Currently, Soloers have to face ~900% more armour or ~400% more shields, have no-one to revive them, have to do long exterminations and miss out on 50% XP and drops.

Chances of getting this right first time are slim.  You need a test server.

28 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I don't want nearly impossible content

I think you missed the point.  It's not about what you want.  It's about catering for everyone -- and the scaling allows DE to do that.

If nearly impossible content is entirely voluntary as specified in the original post, why would you want to deprive us of it?

Edited by Fifield