The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Freezing

Alma_Elma

So my PC is a bit old, but handles most games made a few years after it without too many problems with the right settings. Heck I've managed to run games with higher requirements that WF without them crashing down:

CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz

RAM: 4GB

VGA: ATI Radeon HD 7300 @ 1024MB

So this has been going on for a while, but its starting to get on my nerves. Basically, warframe will just freeze. It doesn't crash and give me an error or anything to explain why, just plain frozen screen that forces me to use the task manager to manually shut it down. What's slightly more annoying is that steam doesn't count it as closed, so I have to close WF, then the steam launcher, then relaunch everything.

It just kinda does it when it feels like it, but almost exclusively happens in the void (....actually now that I think about it, this never happens outside the void), and the only real link I have between them is that it sometimes happens when someone from my team gets downed. Performance-wise, there's no problems (although for the sake of reducing the chances, I've lowered my graphics settings to as low as possible), my PC doesn't have a problem when graphics or performance start to be intensive when three dozen enemies start to spawn or 3 other warframes go crazy spamming particle-intense abilities. So I really don't know what else to say.

Edited by Alma_Elma

18 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

The reliability monitor only recorded 1 instance of WF shutting down prematurely, despite the fact that I think I crashed atleast 3-4 times this week.

Does the reliability monitor include other errors? If not, we can pretty much exclude some driver related issues and it's on Warframe. Have you tried to run the game in DX9 ?

If I was you I would contact DE support and send them ee.log file of warframe including dxdiag.txt. EE.log is located in here:

%userprofile%\Appdata\Local\Warframe

Just run the game, when you experience a crash there's your needed data in the EE.log file for the support ticket.

Edited by carnaga

16 hours ago, carnaga said:

Does the reliability monitor include other errors? If not, we can pretty much exclude some driver related issues and it's on Warframe. Have you tried to run the game in DX9 ?

If I was you I would contact DE support and send them ee.log file of warframe including dxdiag.txt. EE.log is located in here:

%userprofile%\Appdata\Local\Warframe

Just run the game, when you experience a crash there's your needed data in the EE.log file for the support ticket.

Nah, there was only 1 warframe-related error recorded there, the other unrelated two errors I had was due to Windows prematurely shutting down due to blackouts.

I've set the game to run on DX9 only since I got it (because my VGA is bad with DX10 rendering) and everything's been set to the lowest graphical setting possible to reduce the chances of the game crashing. The only consolation I give myself is running it at full screen (becuase hell, it'd be impossible for me to play this windowed at 800x600).

Also yeah, I'll search for those for support. Thanks.