Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sands of inaros bundle-xp locked weapons?

(PSN)Jonpatch24

Question

I've been thinking about buying inaros. Yes, I'm a scrub, but looking at the quest on the wiki, as someone who struggles to get a decent squad together because I'm as socially adept as a brick, I don't think my chances are good for "earning" it sometime in the next century. Plus, he's a big dumb space mummy who looks like he works weekends chasing space Brendan fraiser around, and I just can't resist that. Naturally, the question comes up of whether it's worth getting the bundle, I love weird infested weaponry, but I'm rank 5 coming up to rank 6, and a couple of the weapons would normally be xp locked. So what happens if I get the bundle? Can I just not use the weapons until I rank up? Or do I not get the weapons, thus making the bundle pretty worthless compared to just buying inaros himself? 

2 answers to this question

The quest isn't ridiculously tough to do solo, that's how I did it. You just have to make sure you've got a frame and set of weapons that can do pretty well. Took me forever to finish. Inaros is good enough to do the quest, but not quite worth buying with plat. Neither are the weapons. I mean, Lesion is one of my favorites, but I would not buy with plat. The Dual Toxocysts were difficult for me to use, and lackluster with their damage, so I'd say not worth it. The Mutalist Cernos is an OK Bow, certainly not the most powerful, but fun. Also not worth spending plat.

Overall, I really strongly recommend recruiting chat, checking with your clan for team members, or trying it solo. The weapons are alright for the most part, but Lesion is the only thing almost worth plat in my casual scrub opinion. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee
Corrected myself.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Jonpatch24 said:

I've been thinking about buying inaros. Yes, I'm a scrub, but looking at the quest on the wiki, as someone who struggles to get a decent squad together because I'm as socially adept as a brick, I don't think my chances are good for "earning" it sometime in the next century. Plus, he's a big dumb space mummy who looks like he works weekends chasing space Brendan fraiser around, and I just can't resist that. Naturally, the question comes up of whether it's worth getting the bundle, I love weird infested weaponry, but I'm rank 5 coming up to rank 6, and a couple of the weapons would normally be xp locked. So what happens if I get the bundle? Can I just not use the weapons until I rank up? Or do I not get the weapons, thus making the bundle pretty worthless compared to just buying inaros himself? 

Not entirely sure but a while ago (around nekros introduction) i bought the nekros bundle which came with soma (MR6 req) while i was MR5, so my best bet is that you can use it, however, if you just want to get inaros, it would be better just to buy him on his own, the toxocist and lesion are kinda meh imo.