Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Pozas

Fregatidae

THIS POST WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED TO THE WARFRAME SUBREDDIT. ITS ORIGINAL POST CAN BE FOUND HERE.

[Image: think a warframe version of Groot with leaves and vines adorning him, plus a sort-of scarf]

This is Pozas, pretty yet painful to the touch.

A tribute to nature's long-forgotten beauty, Pozas also showcases nature's fury with abilities designed to aid allies and ruin enemies.

HP: 75

Shields: 100

Armor: 50

Energy: 150

1st:

Spoiler

Flower Fury - Pozas throws a powerful flurry of razor-sharp leaves, knocking back any enemy hit. (25 Energy)

• Fires 8/10/12/16 projectiles that each deal 75/100/120/140 in a 60-degree radius in front of Pozas.
  • Leaves deal 70% Slash damage and 30% Puncture damage, with a guaranteed Blast proc on hit, and give 20% armor reduction for 8 seconds.
  • Strength affects damage of projectiles.
  • For consideration: Range affects spread of projectiles (so negative range would give it a narrower cone)

Augment: Piercing Fury - 0.5/1/1.5/2m punchthrough

2nd:

Spoiler

Tomb of Thorns - Pozas hurls a seed that quickly grows into a shell. Enemies hit by the seed are immobilized and take damage over time. (50 Energy)

• The shell lasts for 10/12/16/20 seconds and has 200/500/700/1000 health.
  • Enemies hit by the seed are immobilized and take 50/100/200/250 damage per second.
  • Strength affects damage/second and health of shell.
  • Affected by duration.

Augment: Crown of Thorns - Enemies hit by the seed continue taking damage. -25/50/75/100% duration, +25/50/75/100% strength

3rd:

Spoiler

Sanctifying Pillar - Pozas creates a pillar that attracts the attention of foes and amplifies all Warframe abilities. (75 Energy)

• The effigy is active for 15/20/30/40 seconds, and has 1000/2000/3000/4000 health and 300 armor.
  • The totem has an increased threat level within a 50m radius.
  • Allies in a 50 meter radius have the power, range and duration of all their skills increased (when applicable) by 5/10/15/20%.
  • Range affects area of effect (aggro and team buff).

Augment: To be considered.

Ult:

Spoiler

Life Force - Pozas siphons the life force off all enemies in a certain radius, converting a portion of their damage and armor into an equivalent bonus for the team. (Yes, even robots.)

• Costs 25 energy to cast, and drains 5 energy per second.
  • Creates an aura in a 50/75/75/100 meter radius around Pozas.
  • The aura reduces the armor and damage of all enemies in a 20/30/40/50 radius around Pozas by 5/10/15/20%. (For consideration: maybe make the debuff area designated by the player instead?)
  • Allies within the aura gain a 1/2/3/5% damage bonus and 10/15/20/25% armor increase for each enemy affected, for a maximum 25/50/75/100% damage and 100/150/200/225% armor bonus.
  • Range affects debuff radius.
  • Duration affects energy drain per second.

==

Here it is, a long time coming. Pozas, my first foray into Warframe design. When I conceived Pozas, I thought about the lack of nature-themed frames currently in the roster (this frame predates Oberon Feyarch, by the way), and also about the perceived lack of support frames. A nature theme (I think of his design as equal parts plant and tree. I'm not really sure) and support playstyle felt like they were made for each other.

(This was before I understood Nova, so I guess my "offensive support" theme is kind of moot, no?)

In any case, Pozas focuses on, as I state so succinctly on the original Reddit post, helping team mates kill things easier by buffing them, though that's not his whole focus. His 1st ability is a standard damage ability with some crowd-control thrown in for good measure. His second skill is a less feature-rich version of Inaros' Devour that can be cast on multiple high priority targets.

The next two abilities, I feel, are where Pozas starts to get interesting. Her 3rd draws all enemy fire towards it, while buffing all abilities of your team. Aside from benefiting other skill-based frames greatly, it's great for drawing away fire from teammates and important objectives, making enemies ripe for killing. And the crux of her kit, her ultimate, is a flat debuff to all enemies in range, and a buff to your squad.

The augments, I really haven't had much time to think about. The augment to her 1st could be interesting with negative range, and the second trades its denial for increased damage. Concerns about it turning the ability into another boring ability are legitimate, but whatever.

Also, it has no gender. Really.

I'd like to thank all of the ~5 people who gave their two cents in the original post, and my pal tRoXen for helping me with theorycrafting and making the original concept art sketch whatever for this frame (that I stupidly lost. Grr!)

Edited by Fregatidae
adding credits, misc.

27 minutes ago, Fregatidae said:

THIS POST WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED TO THE WARFRAME SUBREDDIT. ITS ORIGINAL POST CAN BE FOUND HERE.

[Image: think a warframe version of Groot with leaves and vines adorning him, plus a sort-of scarf]

This is Pozas, pretty yet painful to the touch.

A tribute to nature's long-forgotten beauty, Pozas also showcases nature's fury with abilities designed to aid allies and ruin enemies.

HP: 75

Shields: 100

Armor: 50

Energy: 150

Reveal hidden contents

1st: Flower Fury - Pozas throws a powerful flurry of razor-sharp leaves, knocking back any enemy hit. (25 Energy)

• Fires 8/10/12/16 projectiles that each deal 75/100/120/140 in a 60-degree radius in front of Pozas.
  • Leaves deal 70% Slash damage and 30% Puncture damage, with a guaranteed Blast proc on hit, and give 20% armor reduction for 8 seconds.
  • Strength affects damage of projectiles.
  • For consideration: Range affects spread of projectiles (so negative range would give it a narrower cone)

Augment: Piercing Fury - 0.5/1/1.5/2m punchthrough

Reveal hidden contents

2nd: Tomb of Thorns - Pozas hurls a seed that quickly grows into a shell. Enemies hit by the seed are immobilized and take damage over time. (50 Energy)

• The shell lasts for 10/12/16/20 seconds and has 200/500/700/1000 health.
  • Enemies hit by the seed are immobilized and take 50/100/200/250 damage per second.
  • Strength affects damage/second and health of shell.
  • Affected by duration.

Augment: Crown of Thorns - Enemies hit by the seed continue taking damage. -25/50/75/100% duration, +25/50/75/100% strength

Reveal hidden contents

3rd: Sanctifying Pillar - Pozas creates a pillar that attracts the attention of foes and amplifies all Warframe abilities. (75 Energy)

• The effigy is active for 15/20/30/40 seconds, and has 1000/2000/3000/4000 health and 300 armor.
  • The totem has an increased threat level within a 50m radius.
  • Allies in a 50 meter radius have the power, range and duration of all their skills increased (when applicable) by 5/10/15/20%.
  • Range affects area of effect (aggro and team buff).

Augment: To be considered.

Reveal hidden contents

Ult: Life Force - Pozas siphons the life force off all enemies in a certain radius, converting a portion of their damage and armor into an equivalent bonus for the team. (Yes, even robots.)

• Costs 25 energy to cast, and drains 5 energy per second.
  • Creates an aura in a 50/75/75/100 meter radius around Pozas.
  • The aura reduces the armor and damage of all enemies in a 20/30/40/50 radius around Pozas by 5/10/15/20%. (For consideration: maybe make the debuff area designated by the player instead?)
  • Allies within the aura gain a 1/2/3/5% damage bonus and 10/15/20/25% armor increase for each enemy affected, for a maximum 25/50/75/100% damage and 100/150/200/225% armor bonus.
  • Range affects debuff radius.
  • Duration affects energy drain per second.

==

Here it is, a long time coming. Pozas, my first foray into Warframe design. When I conceived Pozas, I thought about the lack of nature-themed frames currently in the roster (this frame predates Oberon Feyarch, by the way), and also about the perceived lack of support frames. A nature theme (I think of his design as equal parts plant and tree. I'm not really sure) and support playstyle felt like they were made for each other.

(This was before I understood Nova, so I guess my "offensive support" theme is kind of moot, no?)

In any case, Pozas focuses on, as I state so succinctly on the original Reddit post, helping team mates kill things easier by buffing them, though that's not his whole focus. His 1st ability is a standard damage ability with some crowd-control thrown in for good measure. His second skill is a less feature-rich version of Inaros' Devour that can be cast on multiple high priority targets.

The next two abilities, I feel, are where Pozas starts to get interesting. Her 3rd draws all enemy fire towards it, while buffing all abilities of your team. Aside from benefiting other skill-based frames greatly, it's great for drawing away fire from teammates and important objectives, making enemies ripe for killing. And the crux of her kit, her ultimate, is a flat debuff to all enemies in range, and a buff to your squad.

The augments, I really haven't had much time to think about. The augment to her 1st could be interesting with negative range, and the second trades its denial for increased damage. Concerns about it turning the ability into another boring ability are legitimate, but whatever.

Also, it has no gender. Really.

I'd like to thank all of the ~5 people who gave their two cents in the original post, and my pal tRoXen for helping me with theorycrafting and making the original concept art sketch whatever for this frame (that I stupidly lost. Grr!)

I rode your original post and I love the theme another support theme frame would be a nice addition to the game