The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Bosses?

PiePi

I had an interesting idea for a gameplay mechanic; I'm sure similar things have been suggested in the past(no idea is original after a while aka simpsons did it).

What if for a new high level defense (or for the upcoming void corrupted defense) every 10th wave would spawn a "boss" of sorts, a randomly selected boss from any  that exist in the game.  

The 10th waves would spawn the normal amount of enemies but also spawn the mini boss within the wave.  Mixing them together would increase difficulty as you would have to kill off all the trash mobs while keeping the mini-boss at bay until you are able to focus on it.  To make things more interesting, the mini boss would spawn with a level matching the enemies in the wave thus making it more difficult the further you get.

Perhaps when killed, the mini boss can have a high % chance of dropping one of the rare crafting materials associated with it. i.e. you kill a level 60-70 Corrupted-Hyena in wave 20, there is a chance it will drop a control module. 

Having bosses become available to fight at increasingly harder levels would add a new element to the game, and work as a sort of "end game", while also being fun in that you have no idea which boss will spawn next time.

Thoughts?

I like this idea a lot, but people might complain as most of the bosses are basically regular mobs made into bullet sponges. I don't think anything like the Jackal would work too well, not sure. Also, unless infestation/grineer bosses spawn on Corpus defenses etc, the bosses will be pretty limited.

There definitely needs to be more and better bosses, but this is quite a good idea.

I like this idea a lot, but people might complain as most of the bosses are basically regular mobs made into bullet sponges. I don't think anything like the Jackal would work too well, not sure. Also, unless infestation/grineer bosses spawn on Corpus defenses etc, the bosses will be pretty limited.

This idea might work best with a void defense then.  Since corrupted consist of all factions, the random boss pool could include any boss from any faction without really breaking continuity.  Just add "Corrupted - " to the names lol

This idea might work best with a void defense then.  Since corrupted consist of all factions, the random boss pool could include any boss from any faction without really breaking continuity.  Just add "Corrupted - " to the names lol

Orokin Void defense would be awesome, and this would be awesome too. Do it DE!

The pod would be removed from combat right? Because it wouldn't be fun to hold Mouse1 while the boss just shoots the pod and whole one of them dies first.

I was thinking that should be the point of the boss wave kill the boss before he gets to the pod and kills it.

Disagree with this. This bosses should be exlusive for defence missions.

What I am suggesting is a boss every 10 waves, and the boss would not drop bp's, only crafting mats. Being endless, having an exclusive boss wouldn't really work unless the added quite a few, which isn't a realistic request.