Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fear Of Investing. De Must Read.

Baigan

Recently I've acquired quite a number of new weapons and frames. I'm only missing Frost Prime, Vauban, and i Have almost 7 tabs of weapons. Their performance vary widely, some I love, some I utterly hate. Things I look for are usually ease of use, versatility, ammo efficiency and on the bottom of the list, sadly but still there, the flavor of the weapon/ frame.

But I don't feel compelled to install potatoes and formas anymore because when using a weapon or frame I like, I start to get the feeling that inevitably people will cry about it and it will be nerfed, changing the the factors that made me want to use the weapon in the first place.

I understand outgrowing a weapon, had I used a Potato on Bolto, I understand it being consumed while making the Akbolto. I also understand that some weapons are meant to be upgrades, I wouldn't complain about having potatoed a Gorgon and then meeting the Supra, because the Gorgon ultimately served me well back then.

However, the nerfs do not offer a step up, they don't offer walkarounds, and having spent resources into a weapon only to see it brought down is only stopping me from purchasing more formas and potatos and enhancing my experience. A fix is a thing, a Nerf is not. I'm not convinced I would have made the Hek my weapon of choice for so long had it been always the way it is right now. And it was a different weapon BEFORE, when weapons had skill trees.

I don't know how to fix this, how can DE make the fear of investing into something today and changing it tomorrow to go away. I want to support you guys, and getting the reward from the supporting nerfed is simply a slap on the face... :(

Personally I don't care what DE nerf and buff, I'd rather find a way to use whatever I like, and find a way to use it skilfully. I feel a Trinity nerf incoming but that won't stop me from playing as her..if anything, it will simply make it more fun. Underpowered weapons can give a new challenge - why change if you like them anyway?

So you're going to worry about a what if situation keeping you from enjoying the game?  And if you are only using or playing with that weapon b/c of it's "OPness" then that's your problem.  I use the weapons I enjoy using the most.  Could care less of down the line they got nerfed.  If they are out performing or not performing as intended then that's what DE wants. 

On the other hand your issues with not wanting to potato etc because things might change.  It's BETA.  Things are going to change.  This argument perfectly fits here.  This is the meaning of BETA.  Fixing, balancing, and making things perform how DE wants them to. 

Personally I don't care what DE nerf and buff, I'd rather find a way to use whatever I like, and find a way to use it skilfully. I feel a Trinity nerf incoming but that won't stop me from playing as her..if anything, it will simply make it more fun. Underpowered weapons can give a new challenge - why change if you like them anyway?

Because they would no longer perform they way they did before the change. Read the post, I addressed this when i mentioned the Hek.

So you're going to worry about a what if situation keeping you from enjoying the game?  And if you are only using or playing with that weapon b/c of it's "OPness" then that's your problem.  I use the weapons I enjoy using the most.  Could care less of down the line they got nerfed.  If they are out performing or not performing as intended then that's what DE wants. 

On the other hand your issues with not wanting to potato etc because things might change.  It's BETA.  Things are going to change.  This argument perfectly fits here.  This is the meaning of BETA.  Fixing, balancing, and making things perform how DE wants them to. 

At the same time what DE wants may be swayed by the player base, and the cry for nerfs only result in equipment performing differently, and it's harmful if you want to invest into equipment that performs X today to see it perform Y tomorrow, and Y not being what you sought for in the first place.

The excuse of a BETA is hardly valid, we live in a day where games are constantly patched, specially online games. I'm not crying over a change in direction of how the game behaves, or the focus of the game. I'm not arguing over the transition from the old weapon Skill Tree to the card based mods we have today. That's the scope of beta. I'm a costumer, a player, expressing my concerns that are leading me to not want to commit investment due to changes and the player base peer pressure. If others feels the same, this could hurt DE in the long run.

instead of nerfing a weapon, just give it a higher mastery rank requirement. When people cry that something is too OP i just zone out. There needs to be weapons that are more powerful than others and the mastery rank requirment solves this nicely. The higher the rank the better the weapon. It gives people something to work towards.

Things are supposed to be balanced. If it's nerfed it's because it was too powerful.

as long as they are balanaced with in a mastery rank requirement only. if all weapons were balanced to each other there would be no reason to get a new weapon ever. Hence why i said if a weapon was to powerful just increase its mastery rank requirement.

as long as they are balanaced with in a mastery rank requirement only. if all weapons were balanced to each other there would be no reason to get a new weapon ever. Hence why i said if a weapon was to powerful just increase its mastery rank requirement.

No reason except to master other weapons. Proficiency of many tools is kind of a huge part of mastery.

The purpose of new weapons should be to add variety and to allow different styles of play.  I'm tired of this constant "everything needs to make me more powerful" creep.  A larger part of increasing performance should come from just learning to play better, instead of looting or crafting the next best thing.  

And just to head off any of the "you just don't want people with high Mastery to have an advantage over you" accusations, I'm already rank 9.  I don't think it would be fair for me to have special, OP weapons just because of that.  "Just add higher Mastery requirement" doesn't solve the issue.  

instead of nerfing a weapon, just give it a higher mastery rank requirement. When people cry that something is too OP i just zone out. There needs to be weapons that are more powerful than others and the mastery rank requirment solves this nicely. The higher the rank the better the weapon. It gives people something to work towards.

I do like this idea, When leveling I like to have a reason for leveling. Not sure if anyone else would like this idea though, just my opinion.

I'm tired of this constant "everything needs to make me more powerful" creep.  A larger part of increasing performance should come from just learning to play better, instead of looting or crafting the next best thing.  

And just to head off any of the "you just don't want people with high Mastery to have an advantage over you" accusations, I'm already rank 9.  I don't think it would be fair for me to have special, OP weapons just because of that.  "Just add higher Mastery requirement" doesn't solve the issue.  

But you do have an advantage over people who are earlier in the game - your mod collection. It's not about fairness its about progress. Most of that will come from mods but I don't see why a little of that can't come from weapons that are slightly improved over earlier stuff... 

For example the Supra...  if it fires differently and has a completely different aesthetic to it then I doubt it makes the Gorgon irrelevant for people who get the Supra and but loved the Gorgon before. It's not "unfair" if the Supra is a bit better. It *should* be an upgrade because of the work that goes into getting it.

Regarding fairness and its relevance - 1. this is PvE    2. progression and growing in power is quite possibly the most central mechanic in all computer games ever ffs... almost all games have this at their centre. 3. This game is basically an ARPG   4. Regardless how you or anyone feels about it DE need to keep creating content to keep people interested if progression and empowerment is what interests a lot of people then its a relevant topic.

With that said, OP weapons can feel cheap and ruin the game experience so should obviously be nerfed, I don't disagree with that but do think there should be some weapons in higher mastery ranks that are simply better...  that doesnt mean that they're stupidly OP, game-breaking guns.

Edit - and of course not only is it PVE but you're not fighting the same enemies as someone with mastery rank 3.

Edited by ImperialAgent

You are a customer. If you're afraid of negative change don't invest anymore. It's perfectly reasonable.

They practically ruined the gorgon for my playstyle but I found another niche for it to use in a fun way. Same thing for the HEK. These guns turned from all-purpose guns to specialized guns that only perform well under certain circumstances. Adapt your playstyle or stick to your Braton. You can never go wrong with the Braton.

Recently I've acquired quite a number of new weapons and frames. I'm only missing Frost Prime, Vauban, and i Have almost 7 tabs of weapons. Their performance vary widely, some I love, some I utterly hate. Things I look for are usually ease of use, versatility, ammo efficiency and on the bottom of the list, sadly but still there, the flavor of the weapon/ frame.

But I don't feel compelled to install potatoes and formas anymore because when using a weapon or frame I like, I start to get the feeling that inevitably people will cry about it and it will be nerfed, changing the the factors that made me want to use the weapon in the first place.

I understand outgrowing a weapon, had I used a Potato on Bolto, I understand it being consumed while making the Akbolto. I also understand that some weapons are meant to be upgrades, I wouldn't complain about having potatoed a Gorgon and then meeting the Supra, because the Gorgon ultimately served me well back then.

However, the nerfs do not offer a step up, they don't offer walkarounds, and having spent resources into a weapon only to see it brought down is only stopping me from purchasing more formas and potatos and enhancing my experience. A fix is a thing, a Nerf is not. I'm not convinced I would have made the Hek my weapon of choice for so long had it been always the way it is right now. And it was a different weapon BEFORE, when weapons had skill trees.

I don't know how to fix this, how can DE make the fear of investing into something today and changing it tomorrow to go away. I want to support you guys, and getting the reward from the supporting nerfed is simply a slap on the face... :(

I know right. Right now I got my Trinity <3333333333333333333333333333 and then I will be screwed if they even nerf it.

They could make uninstallable forma and potatoes. however at a cost, it will reset your weapon level to 1

No no no dream further