Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Payment Options

jOliientjj

Dear tenno's

I recently discovered that your 'available payment options' depend on whether you activated this game through steam or this website. I was not informed about this...

Now what i'm very upset about is that my friend, who registered through the website, is able to pay with all sorts of payment methods while I'm stuck with that stupid annoying f***** steamwallet.

While he is able to spent his monthly €15 from his cellphone on warframe I am not.

Steamwallet does not offer me the choise to use 'DAO PAY' while my friend can.

All of this because of where we activated our accounts?

Honestly what kind of bs is that.. nobody informed me about this! 

Now I've googled a little bit and I heard that warframe's response to another player with this problem was:

"Create a new account". You can't be seriously? I'm sure you can enable those other payment options for my account.

Please do so and you'll be 15 euro richer every month.

Kind regards

Joliientjj

i send a ticket saying the following : 

i have decided became a founder but i have a problem i do not have a credit card so i cant use steam to get it.

i know there are other ways to became one but i cant use them with this account it jumps to the steam page.

i created another account and that one can use the other methods but do not want to loose all i have in this account so can anyone help me with this problem?

Sry for the bad english im not a native speaker, im from SA (south america)

i copy/paste my post on the forum

and they answed me this :

• Hey El_mg!

If you originally activated your account via Steam, you are limited to using Steam as a payment provider. However! We are currently working on a tool that may allow players to swap between UltimatePay and Steam, however this may not be possible. Keep an eye on the forums and any Warframe announcements to see if/when this will be possible!

All items, platinum and founders packages are non transferable between accounts.

Steam has a number of different payment methods available to you, you are not limited to just using credit cards. Check out this link for a list of acceptable payment methods on Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-wejc-2625#acceptedforms

Thank you for your patience

they are not only loosing money with this they are also loosing players I may stop playing this game because I can not buy slots.

yeah i can erase muy wepons, etc , etc but that not the point if im ready to spend my  money in this game why should i play like the ones that does not want to spend their money. and yeap im angry. why should i start a new account ? and maybe if i do not start a new one  I will never be able to play this game  having all weapons and warframes and yeah Im  mad realy mad

i have 18 years old, but i need to ask my mom in order to use her credit card, but you know moms say " i won't allow you to spend money in games !" :(

Edited by El_mg

i send a ticket saying the following : 

i have decided became a founder but i have a problem i do not have a credit card so i cant use steam to get it.

i know there are other ways to became one but i cant use them with this account it jumps to the steam page.

i created another account and that one can use the other methods but do not want to loose all i have in this account so can anyone help me with this problem?

Sry for the bad english im not a native speaker, im from SA (south america)

i copy/paste my post on the forum

and they answed me this :

• Hey El_mg!

If you originally activated your account via Steam, you are limited to using Steam as a payment provider. However! We are currently working on a tool that may allow players to swap between UltimatePay and Steam, however this may not be possible. Keep an eye on the forums and any Warframe announcements to see if/when this will be possible!

All items, platinum and founders packages are non transferable between accounts.

Steam has a number of different payment methods available to you, you are not limited to just using credit cards. Check out this link for a list of acceptable payment methods on Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-wejc-2625#acceptedforms

Thank you for your patience

they are not only loosing money with this they are also loosing players I may stop playing this game because I can not buy slots.

yeah i can erase muy wepons, etc , etc but that not the point if im ready to spend my  money in this game why should i play like the ones that does not want to spend their money. and yeap im angry. why should i start a new account ? and maybe if i do not start a new one  I will never be able to play this game  having all weapons and warframes and yeah Im  mad realy mad

i have 18 years old, but i need to ask my mom in order to use her credit card, but you know moms say " i won't allow you to spend money in games !" :(

I completely get where you're coming from and this is very frustrating indeed! 

I honestly don't understand why we have to use 'steam wallet' anyways.

Perhaps this was part of the deal when they agreed to launch their game on the steam platform.

It sucks that's all I can say about it.

And even though it's their loss, because they're missing out on a lot of money it hurts me too !

Goddamned, you want to pay for a game but you can't..What nonsense is this...

At least inform the people that how they register determines their future as to how they can pay.

You might not realize it but 'DAO PAY' is great.. and steam wallet doesn't have that. 

Edited by jOliientjj

Strange, I'm playing via Steam, and recently I bought Pt with PayPal...

Maybe that's because I've started playing WF before it was relased on Steam?

I think so yes, my friend also plays it by steam from the very start but he can use the other payments options such as 'Dao Pay', that's actually the only one I need right now. And of course occasionally paypal :)