Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow Looting Of Lockers And Storage Containers

nullard

On an average host, the credits and resources trickle out of the lockers and containers. I think this is simply due to the host having to generate the drops and determine where they end up. If this were moved to the individual clients, it would be a lot more responsive. Trying to loot when not hosting can take up to 5 seconds per locker. It doesn't seem like much but in a fast paced game like this, going to grab some extra credits and resources can make you fall behind.

nullard, on 12 Jun 2013 - 9:54 PM, said:

On an average host, the credits and resources trickle out of the lockers and containers. I think this is simply due to the host having to generate the drops and determine where they end up. If this were moved to the individual clients, it would be a lot more responsive. Trying to loot when not hosting can take up to 5 seconds per locker. It doesn't seem like much but in a fast paced game like this, going to grab some extra credits and resources can make you fall behind.

Actually this is not the case, only when you have a laggy host does this happen.

As BoogieMan82 said, on good hosts it is like you are playing Solo, locker contents generates instantly.

What drives me nuts is when the pick up rate slows down, so you're standing on credits and watching them slowly disappear one by one.  Even more absurd is when 'bad host' doesn't have this problem.  The players can be standing over a pool of credits slowly ticking away when the host runs along and magically sweeps away everything with an invisible industrial vacuum.

would be nice if the lockers just dropped 1 credit chip, that was worth anywhere between 10-30 smaller ones. Never understood why I had to stop and pick up spare change. I mean really, who needs 10-20 credits? Where do they spend them at? If theyre chips, why do they need to be sepperated in such small amounts, shouldnt it be like a credit card and the currency is digital?

BTW join my petition to rename credits as Glue :)

Edited by unmog