The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crashes in Windows XP,help needed.

Sveranimo

So I played Warframe for a Half year probably now,and had the same and only issue the whole time I played, the constant crashing.

Im using:

-Windows XP 32 bit, with Service pack 3

-Decent graphics card that usually hasnt got any problems with the games i play.

-3 GB Ram

-Dual core

The crashes are most common when I play missions on planets,expecially Earth.

If it doesnt crash instantly, I am noticing following things before it crashes:

-Sounds gone

-Invisible objects

-Codex entries/Syndicate NPC´s being invisible

It always tells me that somethings wrong with DX or that something from Windows isnt there but I cant really read the whole information since the half of the error message cant be seen for some reason.

I havent been able to fix my game for over a half year now and im really upset about it since its a great game.

I lived with the crashes at first but now with the Natah/Second dream Quest being up I have to play Uranus missions to proced,but then my game crashes.

I got sick of my weapons and found some cool ones I really enjoy, like the Kohm.But I just cant get it to be "good" because the missions for the mods simply crash my game,they even crash my computer sometimes.

If someone has advice for me I would be very thankful.

By the standards of 2016 and computer part manufacturers GTX 750 Ti is a decent low end gaming card. But as you have probably noticed, the minimum system requirements of warframe needs and update :(

What I would suggest (without detailed system specs from your computer) : open up a support ticket and attach an ee.log and dxdiag.txt files to the ticket. Digital Extremes support can go through your system and give guidance more effectively.

ee.log file is located here:

%userprofile%\Appdata\Local\Warframe

Run the game normally and when you experience crash, there is your needed data on the ee.log file :)

And you can save/export the dxdiag.txt file by running dxidiag.exe.

P.S. Do not post these files to forums or to public.

12 hours ago, carnaga said:

By the standards of 2016 and computer part manufacturers GTX 750 Ti is a decent low end gaming card. But as you have probably noticed, the minimum system requirements of warframe needs and update :(

What I would suggest (without detailed system specs from your computer) : open up a support ticket and attach an ee.log and dxdiag.txt files to the ticket. Digital Extremes support can go through your system and give guidance more effectively.

ee.log file is located here:

%userprofile%\Appdata\Local\Warframe

Run the game normally and when you experience crash, there is your needed data on the ee.log file :)

And you can save/export the dxdiag.txt file by running dxidiag.exe.

P.S. Do not post these files to forums or to public.

Thanks a lot, i got my dxdiag file but i still have problems to acces the ee.log.

I am running windows XP so things are different.Anyways i searched my computer for the Warframe folder.I only found the one in my Programms folder. In the folder is a folder called "Downloaded", in that one is another folder named "Public",after

that folder i get more folders

-Cache.windows

-Drivers

-Lotus

-Tools

-and the warframe.exe.

Is that the right folder?

10 minutes ago, Sveranimo said:

- snip -

Oh, that location was for Win10 :D Try to copy-paste this to windows folder address bar:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe

If that didn't help, try this and scroll down to locate warframe folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%

The correct path should be:
C:\Documents and Settings\ <your user name> \Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe

If all above fails, please refer folder variables and WinXP app data locations:
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/mmpc/shared/variables.aspx

Thanks i now finally found the ee.log :) .It was a little different because of win XP but i finally got it, somehow.I only got a data named ee.cfg and EE, wich is a text document.Now wich of those 2 should i send in with the ticket?

Edited by Sveranimo

1 hour ago, Sveranimo said:

Thanks i now finally found the ee.log :) .It was a little different because of win XP but i finally got it, somehow.I only got a data named ee.cfg and EE, wich is a text document.Now wich of those 2 should i send in with the ticket?

That plain EE is prolly the one. You have in the XP set "hide the known file extensions" or something. Open the file with notepad or check the properties and it will reveal is it EE.log. The content of the file is something like "0.014 Sys [Diag]: Process Command-line:" followed by info of about your computer on the 15 first lines. That's the file you want to send to the support.

Edited by carnaga