Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactive Ability Visibility (Or Lack Thereof)

Guest failscapade

Guest failscapade

Perhaps you could make abilities such a Trinity's energy vampire or nyx's mind control more visible. This needs to be
done intuitively for obvious reasons. subtle colour overlays that compete for attention with weapon effects
get lost in the fray and even I can't always tell if an ability that I've applied is active or not, and I'm actively
checking, which most people aren't.

I'd prefer something like a coloured, translucent beam of light that extends above and below the affected npc
and some kind of similarly translucent 3D icon that represents the ability would hover over the head of the npc.

The vertical beam extension would help you pick out the effect in a crowd and would allow you to spot something you might need (energy/health) if you were below or underneath the affected npc.

So perhaps something like this:

Mind control:   a green beam with a shield symbol.
Energy vampire: a yellow beam with a lightning bolt symbol.
Well of life:   a red beam with a cross symbol.

Affected npcs would have this symbol overlaid on their radar dot too.

The 3D icon could be floated in a sphere that drains like an hourglass as the effect wears off giving people an indication of the time remaining.

I suppose you don't want your ninja game to look like a preschool edutainment toy but I'm sure your designers could make it look all tech and deadly and the result of some futuristic HUD overlay, right?

Disclaimer: This idea is entirely original and has never been posted here before. I know this because I did an extensive check and I NEVER make mistokes.

,)