Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods And Crafting Items Should Be Group Pick Up

rayraylink

Mods and crafting items should be able to be picked up by anyone in the group and everyone will get them. I understand ammo and health but it makes the game slower when you contastnly have to make sure every teamate has grabbed his stuff. please make it so if one person grabbs it we all get it.

Totally agree, I am the type of person who is constantly making sure everyone knew about and grabbed that resource, or mod. I think that group loot doesn't go against what this game tries to accomplish really, it's a co-op game.

I really wouldn't mind this, but I see one big problem with it. Rushers. Why should they get the mods and materials when all they did was run straight for the objective and then extraction? Why should they benefit from their impatience?

I really wouldn't mind this, but I see one big problem with it. Rushers. Why should they get the mods and materials when all they did was run straight for the objective and then extraction? Why should they benefit from their impatience?

Then how about a pickup radius? Every teammate withing 30-40 meters from the one who is picking it will also get them? (i don't know the metrics in the game so i just put a number)

Disagree. This could encourage multi-clienting. i.e. one person running a map with their high-level frame and gathering resources/mods for other accounts they have may have open on another computer or even the same computer. Additionally, the devs have discussed the possibility of trading mods with people you just ran a game with in the near future. When this happens, people will multiclient to pretty much receive 4 times the usual number of mods and/or resources.

There's too much potential for abuse.

edit: As two other posters already suggested, a proximity pickup may be a good way to avoid the problems I pointed out, but would still tend to be a problem on close quarter maps like defense.

Edited by Chipstoppable

Material pickups could be shared between clan members and mods go off of proximity. No up trading for mods to prevent abuse.

Edit: running multiple accounts would still be a problem for mats though. Hmm.

Edit 2: pure proximity would work the best with it disabled for defense.

Edited by JZ734

It's not a bad idea, but the only place where team pickup should be a must is defense missions. I've lost the count of how many times the 5-10-15-whatever wave is defeated, I'm "frost" a few meters away from a mod I could not pick up before, and people decide to get away. Frustrating.

In any other type of mission, rushers gonna rush. Wether the pickup is general or radius limited, it wil encourage them to go faster, as it increases their chance to pick a mode they passed by comparing to now.

Disagree. This could encourage multi-clienting. i.e. one person running a map with their high-level frame and gathering resources/mods for other accounts they have may have open on another computer or even the same computer. Additionally, the devs have discussed the possibility of trading mods with people you just ran a game with in the near future. When this happens, people will multiclient to pretty much receive 4 times the usual number of mods and/or resources.

There's too much potential for abuse.

edit: As two other posters already suggested, a proximity pickup may be a good way to avoid the problems I pointed out, but would still tend to be a problem on close quarter maps like defense.

I would think DE would also have to devise a system that could pick up on alt account boosters. I guess it would be possible to make something that says, "Hmmm, this player seems to be receiving all of the loot from every mission when playing with these other three players," then flags it for a human moderator to review. Edited by ELREYULTIMO