Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Nyx Absorb] Problems Stemming From Targeting.

Estred

I was experimenting, placing myself in various situations and Absorbing. Ranging from 1-5K blasts. Except I had this problem, aside from apparently I am in 1st person now.

YmStdbn.jpg

MJcRcZc.jpg

Not a single enemy pictured here was hit by Absorb. I was positioned on top of a set of Barrels on one of the Corpus Tilesets. This is a pattern that appeared many times. Any enemy that was visible to the player, but slightly behind or below Nyx herself, was almost never hit.

This is why Absorb needs to ignore Environment Objects, not walls/floors/ceilings (though it certainly would be nice) but being able to see and be shot by all these lovely enemies, only to hit none of them is a horrible ult. Creative positioning should be rewarded, I would have served better here  by just blindly dashing into the group and Absorbing, at least then I would have hit 6 of the 14 enemies.

My point is for an Ult it is very unreliable, this is why most Nyx players say Chaos is her best skill. It ignores environment and disrupts enemies fully, however it does still require you to shoot them.

It's not just that Absorb has definite and limited range, look for a green ring similar to a moa shockwave that radiates outward look for it next time you cast Absord and you'll see it. Anything outside that circle doesn't take damage. The damage dealing portion of absorb is most likely just a moa shockwave so it makes sense that enemies behind objects are unaffected.

It's not just that Absorb has definite and limited range, look for a green ring similar to a moa shockwave that radiates outward look for it next time you cast Absord and you'll see it. Anything outside that circle doesn't take damage. The damage dealing portion of absorb is most likely just a moa shockwave so it makes sense that enemies behind objects are unaffected.

Indeed, the enemies depicted however are very well within that radius. I have been Moa-shocked off crates and Absorb should be no different. It is infuriating to charge up a 2-5K blast only to hit nothing. As an Ult-Skill and one of her 2 offense based ones it should be reliable. Nyx's other offense skill has poor target priority and moves in such erratic patterns that aiming the skill is very difficult and often 50% or more of the damage is blocked.

how did you get into first person?

just curious

also, just got nyx, thanks for the heads up on the ultimate atm

I forced the camera into the ceiling there are very, very few spots that you may do this. It's not realistic at this time for DE to attempt making a 1st person mode for this game. However it would be an interesting option made available for PvE at some time.

Edited by Estred

• 1 month later...
The damage dealing portion of absorb is most likely just a moa shockwave so it makes sense that enemies behind objects are unaffected.

Erm ... Shockwave Moas even kick me around, when they are in the next room, as their shockwave passes walls, environmental objects and everything else. So if Absorb had the same shockwave mechanism, it should hit enemies behind boxes, walls etc as well.

In other words: *bump* *flip*

Edited by Bibliothekar