Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Be Nice If Mods You Picked Up Were The Same For Everyone

unmog

I know, RNG gonna be RNG, but ya have no idea how frustrating it is to be playing with a group of friends for a month, doing kiste and kappa over and over, just farming for mods... and why? Because I want a split chamber right, and they agreed to help me. Dunno why, I think mods just drop more in a full group instead of solo, plus its more fun to play with friends/others than playing alone, doesnt hurt to have someone watching your back either ya know?

But I watch the "rewards" at the end of the mission, since sometimes you get so many mods that it doesnt even tell you the full list of what you picked up [should be addressed actually] to see what I and apparently everyone else on the team got. So I see "Split Chamber" and I get all "HOPE ITS MEEEEE~" right, because of course the end of mission rewards isn't just MY rewards, its the whole team for whatever reason. And nope, its not. I ask who got it, and sulk. So now EVERY ONE OF MY FRIENDS have gotten a split chamber, while trying to help me get one, and yet here I am... without one.

What I dont understand though, is why in the hell is the mod different for everyone else to begin with? They should be like resources. If a serration drops, it should be serration for everyone. Not serration for someone, fusion core for someone else, fury for another guy. What kinda #*($%%@ up explanation can you even think of that would actually explain why that happens? No... if a split chamber drops, I wanna hear my friend say "OMG THERES A SPLIT CHAMBER!" and ask "WHERE WHERE WHERE?!" instead of instantly feel crushed because I KNOW the chance of it happening at all is so infinitesimally low that its pretty much impossible to have us both get a split chamber off the same mod that dropped.

DE... make the mods that drop be the same for everyone. *angry face*

DE... leave the mods that drop as they are and random for everyone. *happy face*

I hope that's reverse psychology, I know DE has a habbit of needing it. If not, explain why its better the way it is now please, and ask how it makes any sense while your at it.

They...they aren't the same for everyone?

This is the first time I've heard about this.

Really? Im guessing you and the people you play with don't communicate much when you play together. Can add me as a friend in the game and we can do some runs together, chances are you'll get a split chamber before me. Apparently I'm really lucky to play with, it seems I draw all the badluck to me and leave everyone else with happy shiny goodluck. >.> *has always been super unlucky*

i also find this VERY frustrating due to my friends ultimate luck in the void getting all the good mods, however Steve did say he was fixing the looting tables, so maybe not just the defense missions maybe just maybe he'll do it with multiplayer as well. who knows?

EDIT: we skype a lot so we just say the mods we get.. he always wins xD

Edited by AlienTetris

Really, they added it as a defense reward? *gets on my space suit*

BTW, where ARE these loot tables you speak of... >.> I keep getting told do Grineer missions...

Edited by unmog

Really, they added it as a defense reward? *gets on my space suit*

BTW, where ARE these loot tables you speak of... >.> I keep getting told do Grineer missions...

put in "Warframe loot tables" in google. Not sure if that helps.

Well using google I found this. http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1fwen5/defense_rewards_updated/

Not sure how accurate it is, or how they even got the information unless the Devs published it. This should be put on the wiki though.

STILL! It doesnt solve the issue I created for this thread. Mods that drop should be the same for everyone, upvote to support!

Well using google I found this. http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1fwen5/defense_rewards_updated/

Not sure how accurate it is, or how they even got the information unless the Devs published it. This should be put on the wiki though.

STILL! It doesnt solve the issue I created for this thread. Mods that drop should be the same for everyone, upvote to support!

Accurate enough to predict rewards after two or three waves.

No, I didn't miss it. I know what Steve said, but no idea when thats coming out. Honestly Id prefer all the mods to be the same instead of trading for them. When it comes to trading, I'd instead hope you can trade mods with people in your clan dojo instead.

Still, it wouldnt be that bad if we could trade mods at the end of a mission, but we cant now and I think there's better alternatives.

Not sure if the OP missed it, but DE_Steve mentioned in a recent livestream that they're planning to implement post-mission completion mod trading.

I heard the same thing, and if everyone dropped the same mods, then this would be pointless.

No, I didn't miss it. I know what Steve said, but no idea when thats coming out. Honestly Id prefer all the mods to be the same instead of trading for them. When it comes to trading, I'd instead hope you can trade mods with people in your clan dojo instead.

Still, it wouldnt be that bad if we could trade mods at the end of a mission, but we cant now and I think there's better alternatives.

It is in your own best interest to have an ounce of patience, and allow the DE to implement the mod trading.  It will vastly increase your odds of getting the mods that you want.  Each player getting a different mod equals a 4 times greater chance of getting any specific mod.  That's more than generous, far more, and a much better solution for the players.

I heard the same thing, and if everyone dropped the same mods, then this would be pointless.

It is in your own best interest to have an ounce of patience, and allow the DE to implement the mod trading.  It will vastly increase your odds of getting the mods that you want.  Each player getting a different mod equals a 4 times greater chance of getting any specific mod.  That's more than generous, far more, and a much better solution for the players.

It will still be hard as heck to get the mods the OP wants via trading. I mean, what are you going to trade a multishot or a thunderbolt for? I guess 50 cores or something?

I do think post mission trading is an interesting concept but...it won't solve his problem 99% of the time.

My Idea :

mod drops are either a common, uncommon or rare drop, but is then randomized within those 3 sets to each player

so players can then call out... 'common drop here... dont bother running back for it!'  :)

or  'Ohhhh RARE DROP HERE!!!'

It would combine the 'thrill of the hunt' and enhance the co op feel of the game AND still retain the dreaded god of RNG

anyone agree???

The mods must stay random and unique to each person in their distribution. That is central to the whole system. Although if I could change something, I would make uncommon and rare mods look different than the common ones.

Lets say common mods look bronze, uncommon silver, and rare gold.

I never realized they were random by person lol.  Would explain why I've heard someone say "ooo barrel diffusion" and I didn't seem to find it, but already had it anyway.  Would make more sense to keep the same mod for everyone in the group

The mods must stay random and unique to each person in their distribution. That is central to the whole system. Although if I could change something, I would make uncommon and rare mods look different than the common ones.

Lets say common mods look bronze, uncommon silver, and rare gold.

/signed

It will still be hard as heck to get the mods the OP wants via trading. I mean, what are you going to trade a multishot or a thunderbolt for? I guess 50 cores or something?

I do think post mission trading is an interesting concept but...it won't solve his problem 99% of the time.

I'd trade a thunderbolt, no point in having a fourth one. Especially since I already used the second and third ones as fusion fodder. :V

Join a clan and run with people who already have them.

It still doesnt come close to explaining why each mod is different for everyone who picks it up. No I still think if a mod drops, it should be that mod for everyone. If they included post game or clan trading it would be even better. Say you need 2 split chambers, like myself, and we all pick one up in a mission right? But someone else apparently missed a drop they wanted and I got one they missed and I didn't need it. Bam, still useful to trade. Or say you and your clan friends are on at different times a lot, you could still trade with each other at the clan.

I can see no downside to making the mods the same for everyone in a game, and I dont understand the logic behind why they are random right now. Resources arent random for everyone right? Mods shouldnt be either...

Making all the drops the same isn't going to solve the problem either. More likely than not it'll just mean all four of them wouldn't have Split Chamber yet.

Someone who already has Split Chamber could trade it away without much of a problem. Besides, OP said he was playing with friends who were helping him get Split Chamber.

I still think if a mod drops, it should be that mod for everyone. If they included post game or clan trading it would be even better. Say you need 2 split chambers, like myself, and we all pick one up in a mission right? But someone else apparently missed a drop they wanted and I got one they missed and I didn't need it. Bam, still useful to trade. Or say you and your clan friends are on at different times a lot, you could still trade with each other at the clan.

They're thinking of including post game trading for mods, not clan trading - so the only situation in which it'd be useful is if someone misses a drop. If you all point out mods to each other, that shouldn't really be happening.

Regardless, if everyone gets different drops and you play with people who already have the mod you want, the chance you have of getting that mod quadruples.