Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Ignis!

inthephonebox

Before anyone says anything, yes, I know this topic has already seen a couple posts, however the squeaky wheel gets the oil and the ignis is seriously in need of some extra attention. First of all, the 8 meter range is laughable. Even as far back as WWII flamethrowers had a range of 50+ meters. While that would be clear across the room in this game, the range of the ignis should be greatly increased to bring it somewhere near an actual flamethrower. Secondly, fire resistance on enemies, organic enemies at least, should not be as high as they are, or at least they should be more susceptible to a concentrated stream of fire like the ignis emits. Even in armor fire is freaking hot! And what is up with it only hitting one enemy? When fire hits something, it tends to go around it an keep burning. Finally, its damage output isn't abysmal but it certainly could be higher. 

On a personal note, I have been waiting for a flamethrower since this game came out. I know its not a traditional ninja weapon, but in pretty much every game that offers it I sport a flamethrower rather frequently. Suppose I'm a bit of a pyro. There are plenty of games out there that have found a way to balance flamethrowers with reality and their other weapons. 

I hope Warframe will eventually do the same.

Commence support, comments, complaints, and attacks on my character. 

Commence support, comments, complaints, and attacks on my character.

You piece of sh!t only wanting flamethrowers to be OP u selfish A****** i hate the Ignis so much it makes my ember useless

There's really something wrong with it not hitting multiple targets. And yes, the fire resistances of enemies isn't good for poor little Ignis.

You piece of sh!t only wanting flamethrowers to be OP u selfish A****** i hate the Ignis so much it makes my ember useless

There's really something wrong with it not hitting multiple targets. And yes, the fire resistances of enemies isn't good for poor little Ignis.

let's see how long a ban/timeout takes here...

on topic:

the range is ok, bit more wouldn't break it though.

puncture would be nice, though like that the mod gets some use after all... would work if it destroyed corpses, too.

most important thing would be to fix the mods that aren't working.

let's see how long a ban/timeout takes here...

He was obviously joking based on what he quoted.

Ignis needs a slight range buff. I don't expect it to be like a real flamethrower, but its a little confusing when its range seems to be smaller than what the fire effect would seem to indicate. I can see the enemies visually standing in the flames range, but they don't take damage until I get closer, which annoys me. The Ignis should also get either very minor AoE, a minor DoT effect (I was saddened to hear that it lacks this), or a slight damage buff since 125 DPS isn't really high enough for it to compete with shotguns, or really most weapons in close range actually.

It certainly would be nice for those mods to work, but it kind of makes sense that they don't. I mean a flamethrower really does not follow the standard crit based archetype and improving fire rate would make a big difference without more range and/or ability to hit multiple enemies. And yeah, metal auger is somewhat useful, but, again, doesn't make much sense. Destroying corpses would be cool but that doesn't really increase its combat effectiveness. 

I'll admit, it doesn't need much, but as is it just doesn't stand up to other weapons, especially after all the effort and resources required for researching/crafting it. Just needs a little boost, but a boost nonetheless. 

I'm running it now and after getting to rank 25 or so, and getting up in level 45+ defense waves, the only real use I can find for it is spraying ice on everything to slow it down. But, again, for some reason, it's single target DPS only. I am equally disapoint with this, as I am totally disapoint with the Torid. Both of these could have been MUCH better than what we were given.

currently it feels like a braton that just had its range reduced and its bullets replaced with big fiery somethings.

(maybe that is the way they made it?^^)

it needs a rework, fire shouldn't work the same way normal projectiles work, also the damage is terrible.