Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some help with some Builds

Etomura

Question

Hi ! 

I'm somehow new to the game even if i have almost 300 hours in this game i'm not really good at building my weapons / frames so... i'm here trying to find what mods i should use for :
Weapons :
- Mios 
- Jat Kittag
- Lesion
- Dragon Nikana
- Rakta Ballistica
Frames : 
- Inaros
- Atlas 

I know there are a lot of weapons and frames but i'm kinda bad when it comes to moding my things in general , but i wanna build them right.

Thank you a lot for your time !

9 answers to this question

That is a very wide range of items, I think I've seen YouTube videos for at least half of them. A search for warframe+weapon name would probably get you specific information for each.

Modding depends on the base stats of the weapon for anything past pure damage mods (base damage mod, elemental mods). You don't want to put crit mods on something with a 5% crit as they won't proc often, etc. Lesion has built in status damage and attack speed buff on proc which is nice, and the syndicate weapons have their own guage for procs as well.

As for frames there are definitely videos out there for those two. I recently watched two of the Inaros videos as I finally have the time to work on his quest.

Edited by Wopel

Just now, Wopel said:

That is a very wide range of items, I think I've seen YouTube videos for at least half of them. A search for warframe+weapon name would probably get you specific information for each.

Modding depends on the base stats of the weapon for anything past pure damage mods (base damage mod, elemental mods). You don't want to put crit mods on something with a 5% crit as they won't proc often, etc.

As for frames there are definitely videos out there for those two. I recently watched two of the Inaros videos as I finally have the time to work on his quest.

Thank you for your reply , i've seen a lot of mods that were like 5-6 months old and i just started playing 2 months ago and i dont know if that builds are still viable , i usually search for recent builds.
I will try looking for that 2 inaros videos since they will maybe help me a lot.

it's often different between each ppl

Their Build is depend to your aim to that weapon or playstyle that match for you

example :

1., you can aim "total critical" build or "crit-status build" or maybe "raw-atk speed damge" for mios

2. jat kittag mostly player use it for fun (its ragdoll effect)  with blast , so maybe "raw-atk speed damage" with blast

3. Lesion, obviously ppl will take status build. but not many user use it since bad stance

4. Dragon nikana/prime, like mios. your choice

5. Inaros you can either make it for full tank(hp+armor with skill 4's max str) or maybe full CC(cast skill 1-3 to incapacited enemy then kill them with your weap) or both of them

6. Atlas for me i just need to be brawler, skill 1 build is enough(str+eff)

It you choice what kind of build that suit  you

23 minutes ago, oLUTHER said:

Thank you for your reply , i've seen a lot of mods that were like 5-6 months old and i just started playing 2 months ago and i dont know if that builds are still viable , i usually search for recent builds.
I will try looking for that 2 inaros videos since they will maybe help me a lot.

I would say anything in the mid to late 2015 is okay. I went through the same thing as I started roughly 2 months ago as well. After doing searches for particular weapons/frames you end up seeing enough information that if some thing major changed, you'll see it mentioned in a handful of posts about it. Another "bad" thing about asking for a build, is that the playstyle won't necessarily match yours or they have all maxxed mods vs your starter stuff, so it won't work for you. It is much much better to do the "work" of reading up on the weapon or frame so you "get" it and can tweak to your  preference. The difference between a 6 forma weapon with maxxed mods vs a recently cata'd weapon with half ranked mods is a game changer.

The reality is, you should get them all and level them. All categories of weapons share the same base mods, so you should get them and play with them to see what fits for your playstyle. You are going to need to level a ton of weapons and frames to reach mastery level 12 (which is where the last of the weapons are gate'd for use).

Edit: The wiki for warframe is a GREAT resource and sometimes has builds linked in the item descriptions, or explanation of how certain stats interact with the mod or ability. Book mark it, use it.

Edited by Wopel

2 hours ago, Wopel said:

YT is generally not the best place to look. Just create a forums thread for the weapon build you want. That way you can get in depth descriptions, multiple points of view, and the info is always up to date.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Me Myselfe And said:

YT is generally not the best place to look. Just create a forums thread for the weapon build you want. That way you can get in depth descriptions, multiple points of view, and the info is always up to date.

I didn't say it was the "best" place to look, didn't even imply it. I did say it has exactly what the OP was asking in this particular situation.

Besides that fact I disagree with you. There are 2-4 different people who have YouTube channels and they are on top of their $h!t when it comes to numbers and modding, as well as just information on the game. Actual useful information, you know? Even better they don't always do their builds the same so you get differing builds with information as to WHY they made those choices. Actual education instead of "git gud, l2p, use this mod set because I do", which is exactly what the OP needs. Off the top of my head, Tacticalpotato, Agayguyplays(?), and Magamu are the ones that I can remember. Not only do you get a build, but half the time you get to see it in action, how their playstyle comes together with the build and if they are thorough (which they usually are) the optional swaps.

But yeah I could see how that isn't even remotely useful for learning about the game... /sarcasm

Is there a lot of cr@p on YouTube? Absolutely, but there is a ton of it here too. Just look at the first 5 pages of posts. 70+% of it is junk, there is even a thread about " where do you find the toxic players " and the majority agree it is HERE IN THE FORUMS. At least the YouTubers are going to be semi polite and try to make things understandable, and maybe entertaining so they can gain followers. That alone makes it heads and shoulders better than the forums on your average day.

At least that is my opinion, which obviously differs from yours. I can say I learned a GREAT deal more about this game from YouTube as a new player, than anything on these forums. Even Reddit had as much information as these forums honestly. I looked all over for information, I wanted to learn. If you are trying to learn why would you bias yourself from venues? That makes no sense to me.

Edited by Wopel

43 minutes ago, Wopel said:

I didn't say it was the "best" place to look, didn't even imply it. I did say it has exactly what the OP was asking in this particular situation.

Besides that fact I disagree with you. There are 2-4 different people who have YouTube channels and they are on top of their $h!t when it comes to numbers and modding, as well as just information on the game. Actual useful information, you know? Even better they don't always do their builds the same so you get differing builds with information as to WHY they made those choices. Actual education instead of "git gud, l2p, use this mod set because I do", which is exactly what the OP needs. Off the top of my head, Tacticalpotato, Agayguyplays(?), and Magamu are the ones that I can remember. Not only do you get a build, but half the time you get to see it in action, how their playstyle comes together with the build and if they are thorough (which they usually are) the optional swaps.

But yeah I could see how that isn't even remotely useful for learning about the game... /sarcasm

Is there a lot of cr@p on YouTube? Absolutely, but there is a ton of it here too. Just look at the first 5 pages of posts. 70+% of it is junk, there is even a thread about " where do you find the toxic players " and the majority agree it is HERE IN THE FORUMS. At least the YouTubers are going to be semi polite and try to make things understandable, and maybe entertaining so they can gain followers. That alone makes it heads and shoulders better than the forums on your average day.

At least that is my opinion, which obviously differs from yours. I can say I learned a GREAT deal more about this game from YouTube as a new player, than anything on these forums. Even Reddit had as much information as these forums honestly. I looked all over for information, I wanted to learn. If you are trying to learn why would you bias yourself from venues? That makes no sense to me.

Your opinion is definitely valid. I personally have had much better luck with the forums.