Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Projectile Travel Speed

TheGameYouJustLostIt

kestrel / glaive being thrown is basically a charge attack, you can increase charge speed to get the throw off faster and increase its damage but no mod increases the weapons travel speed, fury increases the normal attack speed, like when your tapping the melee key to get a repeated melee attack

Edited by Rovak

You'd think, but fury is weird with them.  In fact, while fury normally speeds up slide attacks and jump attacks as well, it doesn't with the glaive.  All it speeds up is the standard attack.  I have no idea why.

kestrel / glaive being thrown is basically a charge attack, you can increase charge speed to get the throw off faster and increase its damage but no mod increases the weapons travel speed, fury increases the normal attack speed, like when your tapping the melee key to get a repeated melee attack

Its been my experience that while Reflex Coil speeds the actual wind up portion of the charge Fury increased the actual speed of the attack in the same way it does normal attacks.

I think timing shots is important, and feel like the travel speed of at least the paris/dread/bolto/akbolto/boltor/kunai/despair seem fine, as i've used them all. But i was a tribes player, so the timing part was a little easier for me.

Then again, the new research weapons may have their projectile speed buffed like what happened to the bolto/akbolto, as they are only in alpha.

I think timing shots is important, and feel like the travel speed of at least the paris/dread/bolto/akbolto/boltor/kunai/despair seem fine, as i've used them all. But i was a tribes player, so the timing part was a little easier for me.

Then again, the new research weapons may have their projectile speed buffed like what happened to the bolto/akbolto, as they are only in alpha.

Its not that we think the timing is bad but we want the choice to sacrifice another mod for the ability to speed up projectiles on weapons if we want. Just like some people want fast attack weapons even fast and others want to load them up with damage mods.

Edited by Keiiken