The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Sick Of Defense Heroes.

Alohoe

Rant inc.

I love infested defense.  So much so I have almost 80k infested killed out of 120k.  It is all I do.  I run with clan mates whenever I can.  I play early hours of the morning and alot of my clan is offline.  So, I have to pug alot.  All this to say, if you have the desire to try to clear the map of all infested in one swipe, do it near the cryo so your group can share in the xp. I get sick of players going so deep into the hall that they are practically on the spawn points.  Have some respect for your fellow player and bring it back to us just a little bit please.  I think alot of players either dont know there is shared xp, or dont realise there is a range to it.  I wish this was made available to the player base via tutorial or an in game guide or something.  Am I alone on this or is everyone oblivious to shared xp?  /end rant

Ps. Mark mods and blue mats.

Pss. <3

I leave at wave 5 if someone stands in that hallway and solo's everything, especially infested.  Infested come to you.  I can sort of understand it with corpus because they'll often spread out too much to make ults really effective.

Aye, it drives me up the walls when people do this, especially during Kappa/Kiste. I've also began thinking people just don't know it has a range, because I'd like to think that that much of this community aren't a bunch of butts.

I experience this a lot. People kill too close to spawns or too close to the crypod (overrun, toxics, that one stray charger- mission fail). You can try to inform them about the range and request they come closer, but they most likely don't see it due to clan/region/council chat. Occasionally I come across that one group who can work cohesively and we all add each other for future runs.

Anyway, without friends/defense buddies or clan members to assist, unfortunately not much can be done about this.

No you are not alone,

I just think Random players go to the spawnpoints to rack up them kill counts,

and since most leave at wave 5 or 10, in public defence games, theres no real need to stay close to the pod to help each other,

and i believe they are not aware of the shared XP range issue,..

Rant inc.

I love infested defense.  So much so I have almost 80k infested killed out of 120k.  It is all I do.  I run with clan mates whenever I can.  I play early hours of the morning and alot of my clan is offline.  So, I have to pug alot.  All this to say, if you have the desire to try to clear the map of all infested in one swipe, do it near the cryo so your group can share in the xp. I get sick of players going so deep into the hall that they are practically on the spawn points.  Have some respect for your fellow player and bring it back to us just a little bit please.  I think alot of players either dont know there is shared xp, or dont realise there is a range to it.  I wish this was made available to the player base via tutorial or an in game guide or something.  Am I alone on this or is everyone oblivious to shared xp?  /end rant

Ps. Mark mods and blue mats.

Pss. <3

Which region are you from? I'll add ya as a friend if ya want seems I too enjoy infested defense and hate those kind of players too hehe.

Even if it was shown to them in a tutorial they would not care.  The game is for them and them alone, you are in their match literally as backup to pick them up off the floor  when they can't cut it.

The only reason to even play in a group in this game is to avoid paying platinum for a death.  If you were to load in and just sit in the corner until they were down they would not mind at all.

Edited by Nickeltoe

I agree, the worst one is when you find they mark a rare mod and tell over chat on a reward wave (5,10, 15 etc) and everyone swarms over to claim it before the round ends and a mob of critters swarm and destroy the pod because all the loot is miles away from the pod.

Take a level 0 weapon to any public mission (defense is usually best)

Don't use it

Watch it level up cause your teammates are using their primary/secondary/melee and you're earning that XP

oh i always thought that exp came from mission objective, e.g. all weapons + 500 exp for completing the mission

oh i always thought that exp came from mission objective, e.g. all weapons + 500 exp for completing the mission

No I've had an unranked weapon hit level 3 even before mission ended.  It's a great way to get a few levels so you can slide a mod in before having to rely on it.  Just make sure you have at least one leveled weapon to contribute with otherwise you're just a leech.

I thought it was just annoying to be shot in the back with it due to the flash and sound

If it does actual damage..... /grin

It doesn't have friendly fire. No sabotaging your teammates.

Sorry homeys. My bad. I thought it used to do damage to friendlies. It can only hurt yourself if the explosion is close.

I made a mistake, and the ripple of 4-5 correction posts has occured. My bad, apologies, sorry, and whatever it happens lol.

It's a real pity, though because the Defense Heroes that we're talking about here really aren't being part of the team or a good team-mate.

Anyways, I'm sure one of the "if you don't like their playstyle go solo" mofos is going to chime in. We're not all talking about that. Frankly this only happens in weird PUGs and yes we all play those when our usuals aren't online.