Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn: What Role Does She Play?

MusicGamer

Question

So, I've been needing a sturdier frame than Banshee and Trinity, and I felt like Rhino was too slow most of the time (even with Maxed out Rush mod slapped onto it), so I decided to build a Saryn upon recommendation from one of my fellow clan members. 

It's cooking in the Foundry as I speak.  However, I have no idea what role she's supposed to play.  Is she an AoE nuke, a tank, or a debuffer?  

25 answers to this question

What role you say? I'll let the fine gentlemen from Dismember sum this up for you:

Miasma with maxed Focus and Stretch means everything in range gets turned into goo, and the best part is, it ignores armor. You need Saryn in your squad if you want to reach the high waves in defense.

she plays the all important "kill everything" role.

AoE nuke with a side of decoy.

GrineerBane

Basically a Chuck Norris warframe.

What role you say? I'll let the fine gentlemen from Dismember sum this up for you:

Miasma with maxed Focus and Stretch means everything in range gets turned into goo, and the best part is, it ignores armor. You need Saryn in your squad if you want to reach the high waves in defense.

she is very durable and she has a lot of killing power. basically - get close to enemies and bam, you topped the most kills chart.

She is basicly a mini tank. not as tanky as Rhino and Frost, but more tanky than ASH. She can take lots of damage while dealing support damage to others. She is all in all a Support Tank.

plus she also is great in certain boss fights like ambulance (is that how you spell it?), hyena, and the other grineer bosses in keeping their shields down so you and your other teamates can keep putting the hurt on him/her.

And after some accidents involving rat poison, household bleach, and one tragic case of suicide by hot air balloon, she is also playing the lead role of Lady MacBeth in a re-telling of the Bard's classic play, "Everyone dies in Denmark".

Her role in Warframe is damn hard to kill dps. Best survivability short of Rhino, imho

So, she's a tank/DoT/Overall killing machine.  Good to know I made the right decision, I don't see too many Saryns out there anyway.  :D

Odd considering the boss you need to beat to get her is one of the easiest bosses in the game to solo.

It is the 80s era shoulder pads and high heels that put people off. She is awesome but a tad slow. Get her alt helmet for a good speed boost (to her base speed) and it gives her a stylish flower hat.

If they release an alert that gives out the blueprint for it, I'll consider it.  Sadly I am unemployed and thus cannot buy the helmet outright.

+1 for Dismember!

I like to think of Pestilence whenever I play Saryn.

Saryn's Miasma is really good even for later waves in defense. If I had to put her into a role, I'd say just killing and distracting enemies with her Mold. 

Edited by WTYD