The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vergent, the Phalanx, the Crazed [WF Concept]

Popstupid

Warframe Profile:

This is Vergent- the crazed, the unyielding.

Infecting others, he turns their own minds against them, transforming an army of foes into a legion of one.

Vergent's abilities allow him to manipulate the battlefield, turning even the most bold into cowards.

Circuit Wound releases several signal waves into the ground which stun the enemies, leaving them at Vergent's mercy.

Relentless Assault corrupts the enemies, turning their own bodies against themselves to slowly die.

Harrowing Tempo causes Vergent to attach an aura onto an enemy reducing movement speed and damage while restoring his health.

Look within yourself Tenno, Corrupt Coil  summons tendrils from Vergent's body assisting him in the heat of battle with tremendous damage.

Down Tenno?  Lasting Regime launches the mind of enemy into a state of constant turmoil when Vergent goes down, letting teammates safely heal him as the enemies fight among themselves.

Vergent's manipulating abilities can be upgraded through the use of mods. A Duration mod will benefit Circuit Wound, Relentless Assualt, and Harrowing Tempo in drastic ways while a Range mod will benefit all of his abilities. With the addition of a Strength mod, all of his powers can be used for even more devastating effects.

Reach deep into the minds of enemies Tenno and continue your reign of terror.

Lore:

After the war with the Sentients, Vergent was placed into sleep by the Lotus in an Orokin tower. However, as time advanced, Vergent was never awoken by outside forces. Eventually, the tower became overridden with Infested. Due to his vulnerable state, Vergent was affected in not just physical ways, but also mental. When Sargus Ruk discovered Vergent's cryo pod, he awoke Vergent. Vergent reemerged different from his past- self-several centuries ago. The Infested had corrupted parts of his body and mind, giving him capabilities that they only possessed. However, due to the immunity of the Infested that frames possess, he never became infested himself. Combined with his original powers, his abilities took on Infested aspect. Running from Sargus Ruk, he went dark and wasn't discovered until nearly 10 years later by the Lotus. Lotus proceeded to cure him of the Infested but only restored parts of his sanity. 

Stats:

Health: 200/400

Energy: 125/175

Shields: 80/175

Armor: 200

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Aura: Vazarin (D)

Polarities: 1x Madurai (V) 1x Vazarin (D)

Passive:

Lasting Regime- Whenever Vergent goes down in battle, enemies within a certain range go berserk, attacking other enemies. Every enemy killed by an affected enemy will increase Vergent's bleed out timer by 5 seconds.

Abilities:

1.  Circuit Wound

Energy Cost: 25 energy to cast

Vergent will release several signals into the ground. Upon contact with an enemy, the signal will scramble their brains, causing them to "shut down" and if killed while in this state will explode (Deals no damage) causing nearby enemies to be affected by this for 100% of the remaining duration. This ability will cause a guaranteed Blast proc. upon hitting an enemy.

Augment- Excruciating Poison- Any enemy affected will receive a Viral proc. and unaffected enemies who come into contact will go crazy and start attacking anyone including their 'shut down' allies.

2. Relentless Assault 

Energy Cost: 50 energy

This ability will infect nearby enemies causing their sight to become blurry and their body to "deform.", dealing armor- ignoring Radiation damage. The infection will corrupt parts of their body, twisting them into grotesque shapes and reducing their accuracy too

Augment - Body Failure- The infection will begin corrupting key parts of the enemies body, causing an armor debuff and a movement reduction of with even more grotesqueness. :D

3. Harrowing Tempo

Energy Cost : 35. Every enemy affected with the aura will give 5% of Vergent's maximum health back to him.

This will cause an enemy to have an aura with extended range surrounding it. Other enemies who are within that range receive the aura too, therefore passing it on like a chain reaction. The aura will reduce damage and movement speed by 33% with a 50% maximum health reduction. The aura would have a red glow, kind of like the Blitz Eximus except red.

4. Corrupted Coil

Energy Cost: 25 base cast and 3 energy per second. (Subject to change)

Look within yourself, Tenno.  Vergent summons infested- like tendrils from his back. These tendrils deal Slash damage, any enemy hit by them will receive a Radiation proc. The tendrils will attack anything within range. Enemies killed by the tendrils will explode causing an extremely weak Gas proc.

Augment- Consuming Mold- Enemies who are killed will no longer explode but will instead be snatched by the tendrils and mold into the tendrils buffing the damage and range of the tendrils. Every enemy consumed will make the tendrils longer and bulkier along with some parts of it covered with whatever faction you are fighting against.

Example: You have killed a Grineer Lancer with your tendrils. After consuming it, parts of the tendril will have pieces of the Lancer you just killed. This effect works for all factions, Machinery such as Corpus drones cannot be used to this effect albeit they can still be consumed when killed.

Future Additions:

-Quest

-Weapons (Will be a while before released)

-Ability Stats

-Art

- Ability Animations

Please post criticism and ideas down below. Comment what you would like to be added and I might do so. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Popstupid

1 minute ago, tennorod said:

yes like this

aLjt8X2.jpg

Well, I added the energy costs but I'm rather terrible at drawing so I can't do the animations. When I receive my art then I will add animations since I want them to be based off the appearance. Thanks for the feedback though.

Just now, Popstupid said:

Well, I added the energy costs but I'm rather terrible at drawing so I can't do the animations. When I receive my art then I will add animations since I want them to be based off the appearance. Thanks for the feedback though.

Pretty great concept can't wait for the art and other future features your going to be adding in this concept.

2 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

np and im trying to do animations for some of my frame ideas but im in the same situations as you im a terrible drawer

Just now, (PS4)glider700 said:

Pretty great concept can't wait for the art and other future features your going to be adding in this concept.

Thanks, I have some other concepts but due to a lack of support, they just fell into the back of the forums. I was pretty discouraged by then and just stopped doing this. This concept was actually kind of hard because I had to actually think of an ability since everything else for my other concepts just came naturally. Hoping I can turn things around with this one... :D

1 minute ago, (PS4)glider700 said:
  1. Also the think concepts like typhus and hennya  are missing is weapons every new frame we get they come with new weapons.

Well, as of right now I'm working on polishing up this concept but maybe when I can think of a weapon and have time, I'll add them and hopefully have art too. Also, should I include the weapon stats. (Imagining some infested- like weapons right now )

Thanks, I have some other concepts but due to a lack of support, they just fell into the back of the forums. I was pretty discouraged by then and just stopped doing this. This concept was actually kind of hard because I had to actually think of an ability since everything else for my other concepts just came naturally. Hoping I can turn things around with this one... :D

i feel your pain my ideas usually end up at the back of the forums for lack of support and the idea is pretty good

4 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:
  1. Also the think concepts like typhus and hennya  are missing is weapons every new frame we get they come with new weapons.

true that something else i can do to my frame ideas

Well, as of right now I'm working on polishing up this concept but maybe when I can think of a weapon and have time, I'll add them and hopefully have art too. Also, should I include the weapon stats. (Imagining some infested- like weapons right now )

I don't understand why people do infested themed weapons? No on has done a weapon that was inspired by 2 weapons at once yet.

On 5/5/2016 at 6:35 PM, (PS4)glider700 said:

I don't understand why people do infested themed weapons? No on has done a weapon that was inspired by 2 weapons at once yet.

I don't know, infested weapons are just more appealing. I think I should maybe do some short dual axes that have a chance to inflict enemies with the "berserk" mode thing. As for combining, I think maybe I'll do like dual short heavy weapons...? Just throwing out ideas right now.

Edit: I might do a claw and glaive mash- up since both areas are lacking in any sort of good form.

Edited by Popstupid

I don't know, infested weapons are just more appealing. I think I should maybe do some short dual axes that have a chance to inflict enemies with the "berserk" mode thing. As for combining, I think maybe I'll do like dual short heavy weapons...? Just throwing out ideas right now.

That would be the most unique thing in warfra,email since chroma'a energy color linked with his abilities. Lol

56 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

That would be the most unique thing in warfra,email since chroma'a energy color linked with his abilities. Lol

I think I'm going to go with short dual heavies that deal good damage but less than normal heavies but are faster.  As a passive, maybe they have a 25-50% chance to make enemies go berserk?

For the quest, I'm thinking something along the lines of you go to a Derelict mission where Vergent once slept in his cryo pod. There's like a time slip and your frame goes through it, only to realize he/ she is following how Vergent's life was except your frame will be there and Vergent will not. I will clarify further somewhere between Friday and Saturday