Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion)Mental Anguish: Nyx's passive and tweaks idea

climatiseur

As said by the devs every frame will get a passive and ultimately being revisited. I guess they already have ideas in mind for all the frames but this just came through my mind so I'll just post it anyway.

I know there is a passive megathread somewhere, but this passive has mechanics interacting with her abilities so I guess i'll make a new thread.

Nyx's Passive: Mental Anguish

All Nyx's abilities traumatize enemies' mind and make them suffer from self-damage whenever they attack.

• This effect is permanent and cannot be removed. However, the % will not be increased while they are inside nullifying bubble, they can still inflict self-damage though, as it is a permanent guilt mental effect.
  • The self-damage is a % of their original attack and deals true damage to their health which ignore shields and armor
  • The % is addictive (i guess this is the word?)  eg 20% + 5% = 25% self damage.
  • Mental anguish can exceed 100%, meaning the enemies will do more damage than their original damage to themselves. 
  • Eg. A bombard having 150% mental anguish, Firing a rocket dealing 500 damage hitting whatever target. He inflicts 750 true damage on himself.
  • The self-damage is only dealt when they actually hit something. either enemies or allies and wild animal. If they missed. there is no self-damage
  • It does not affected by power strength.

Mind Control

• The mind controlled target will be applied a 10% mental anguish after the ability is faded.
  • All enemies that had attacked this controlled target will be instantly applied a 8% mental anguish.
  • The 8% of the above will only be added to those enemies again when the original mind control effect has faded and casted again on a target, and after they have attacked this target.

Psychic bolts

• Each bolts add 6% mental anguish to the affected enemies instantly.
  • % of the bolts can be added on a same target. Eg. 6 bolts will inflict 6 x 6 = 36% mental anguish on the same target.

Chaos

• All affected enemies will be added 2% mental anguish.
  • This 2% will only add on the same target again if the previous Chaos effect has faded out. - recasting over and over again within the same Chaos cast will only apply 2% only, unless there the enemy just enter the range and is the first time being affected.
  • Also work with Chaos sphere.

Absorb

• Absorb will not absorb incoming damage and boost its damage anymore. 
  • Energy drain, thus, become a static 5 energy per second (or other suitable amount).
  • For each second Absorb has last, it stores 2% mental anguish for the explosion.
  • The mental anguish generated by Absorb is capped at 40%
  • Besides the 40% absorb gives, the explosion will double the existing mental anguish % on the affected enemies.
  • Eg. An enemy originally has 12% mental anguish. Absorb is casted for 5 seconds and hit this target. The target now has (12 X 2)% + 10% = 34% mental anguish.

Reasons I think it could potentially be a good idea:

1. it fits the concept of Nyx.
  2. The self-damage scales with enemies difficulty and levels.
  3. Absorb no longer eats energy like waterfall, while still provide very useful effect.
  4. Long duration isn't the go-to build anymore in higher levels, as a shorter duration means you can inflict mental anguish faster on enemies.

I do realize the damage requires a lot of set up and you can just bring powerful weapons to do the same thing. However, I think it's fun. That's what matters I guess.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

I heard they were essentially giving her a worse irradiating disarm as her passive

How exactly is that?

But I kind of expected, regarding the current passives we see, I think they aren't going to make complicated passive.

16 minutes ago, climatiseur said:

How exactly is that?

But I kind of expected, regarding the current passives we see, I think they aren't going to make complicated passive.

I heard that when she casted abilities and confused enemies they would have a chance to disarm enemies, but Loki has an 100% chance

Ah..hope that's not the case as it's something you don't really need to control....all manipulated by luck and chance doesn't provide enough tactical uses of it, and yeah also another thing that overlap with another frame? (especially Loki again?) that's not a trend I like them going.