Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Selling Your Last Warframe You Should be Directed to the Selection Screen

MetaMortred

Some people try a class and then they immediately regret it. So if they have only 1 warframe in their inventory, when they sell it they will go back to the main screen and select from the three initial Warframes. Loki, Volt and Excalibur. In order to avoid this becoming an exploit, if you sell your last Warframe you get no money for it.

Or better yet, if you can enable the option of people exchanging their Excalibur, Volt and Loki for one another. Someone got a Volt, his not happy? he gets a Loki and resets his Volt.

Its like a tradeoff that doesnt limit the begining players. In case they believe they made the wrong choice. Specially newcommers, how would they know what Warframe is best? they werent like us back in the old patch were everything was available without restrictions. So I blieve that would be a good trade off.

Remember, only the Warframe is changed, the equipment and Map Progress.

Not quite in this form, but I definitely agree it should be a lot easier to jump between the starter Frames. Maybe just a much cheaper cost for the Blueprints would be enough (Under 10K). Or if you could play all three until they reached a certain low-level and then you had to commit. It's hard to know which you'll enjoy playing with the most when you don't really get to toy with any past Excalibur in the tutorial.

I think all the costs need some adjusting but that's for another thread we should start!

But I agree, they need something like a Test phase of 2 or 3 matches with a Warframe so we can get a feel for the WF and decide to buy it or not!

And when we find the one we like, Hurrah! \o/

I think all the costs need some adjusting but that's for another thread we should start!

But I agree, they need something like a Test phase of 2 or 3 matches with a Warframe so we can get a feel for the WF and decide to buy it or not!

And when we find the one we like, Hurrah! \o/

a similiarity to this idea I've seen in other games, which to me is very swell as it allows you to try something that you would've never either considered due to needing to purchase something before trying.

two suggestions about your idea.

1. other games will allow specified items, trinkets etc in their game to be usable by all players until a set date, or a certain period of time after a player has decided to equip\use said item\trinkets etc.

(example, AirMech allows players access to other Mechs n buildings\units for a period of time that would otherwise never have been touched upon due to in game money restraints.

Hawken does this as well, allowing any player to have a trial run of 2 random mechs until a certain set date posted in game. as like this and most any other game(s) you start out with just one mech, warframe, character etc to start off with and you may want to try\buy\use other characters,etcs.

2. allow player to equip any n all available items in a training room\virtual room type setting, to get the feel and try any and all weapons armor etc.

against targets, (moving, stand still, living, non living, paper targets, accuracy, enemies etc)

(example, Tribes Ascend training\tutorial room allows you to select any class, and equip and try any weapons etc vs some generated bots)

a similiarity to this idea I've seen in other games, which to me is very swell as it allows you to try something that you would've never either considered due to needing to purchase something before trying.

two suggestions about your idea.

1. other games will allow specified items, trinkets etc in their game to be usable by all players until a set date, or a certain period of time after a player has decided to equip\use said item\trinkets etc.

(example, AirMech allows players access to other Mechs n buildings\units for a period of time that would otherwise never have been touched upon due to in game money restraints.

Hawken does this as well, allowing any player to have a trial run of 2 random mechs until a certain set date posted in game. as like this and most any other game(s) you start out with just one mech, warframe, character etc to start off with and you may want to try\buy\use other characters,etcs.

2. allow player to equip any n all available items in a training room\virtual room type setting, to get the feel and try any and all weapons armor etc.

against targets, (moving, stand still, living, non living, paper targets, accuracy, enemies etc)

(example, Tribes Ascend training\tutorial room allows you to select any class, and equip and try any weapons etc vs some generated bots)

Im not sure about that. Having everything makes the game feel linear . . . I would stop playing after I tried everything, there is no reason for me to play the same levels over and over again just to get what I want.

Lots of Free to Play games have periodic "trial periods" with their corresponding units. Like, vehicles will be free to use for anyone for a week or so, but you can't upgrade it until you purchase it. This works for games with a lot of different kinds of these units, two examples that come to mind are Hawken and MechWarrior Online. Maybe it wouldn't work so well with Warframe only having eight frames.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure about that. Having everything makes the game feel linear . . . I would stop playing after I tried everything, there is no reason for me to play the same levels over and over again just to get what I want.

reading your reply confused me a bit.

From what I stated about what other games do, they DO NOT give you everything.

they simply select 1-3+ random items, persons, vehicles etc to be used for free temporary until either a set date, or a set amount of time the moment you equip said item or whatever.

or in the virtual training room type area, they let you TEST out the weapons and everything in some firing range setting or a little environment vs bots or whatever, to allow you to see if 'hey I like this gun, I'm gonna go play the game for 10+ hours so I can buy it!'

and I dunno about you, but to me the game is already Linear.

it's just currently a bunch of same ship areas all stuck together like puzzle pieces to create the interior of a vessel, and it's almost always Point A-B

sometimes you'll have to take a small detour along the way in a completely different direction to go grab a key or some other objective but you always have to go just one way in the missions. (so for now I don't play this game too often except for when I first got it, now it's too much the same for me) but hopefully that'll change with future updates. (I'm hoping for planet side missions, even though it'll be linear-ish like mass effect one, non space vessel missions, say a space station, a research lab hidden in an asteriod field on an asteriod, etc etc)

oh another idea about the weapons n purchasing system!

a lot of free online fps shooters will allow you to use in game creds to buy almost anything in periods of 1-day 3day 7day 30day , full purchase (you own the thing now)

this could be a way to use in game creds to test out all the other weapons n items allowed. if there isn't anything like I've mentioned in the above free temporary trials, a virtual training room area to equip anything and shoot test targets etc in said training room.

if the 1day, 3day, 7day, 30day, full purchase is used, then make the money difference between the 1,3,5,7,30, Full usages be a bit more cost worthy as it gets down the road.

say

1.day use is 500 creds , 3day is 1000, 7day is 2000, 30day is 5000, Full is owning the item, so whatever the full price is currently. (like how the Snipetron costs 20,000)

also if any of these ideas in this thread are used in the game, some games either allow you to actually level up the items you're using (but you still don't own it of course, so eventually it'd be removed from your inventory until you purchase it again)

or, you just get to use the item for however long you purchased it, and that's that. (so in warframe this would mean purchasing a new warframe or item for 1 day, etc but not getting any exp points for it until you purchase it to OWN said item)