Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DYRWWFM (Part: 4)

Revel72

"I will now start digging out the tracker bullet" Mirage said "Good. Faster we get rid of it. Safer we are from future attacks" I said and went to make something to for both us. When I was done Mirage came to me "You done?" I asked "Yeah. It was painful but job done" Mirage said and threw me the cleaned up bullet. I catch it and take a look at it "Feel like going to a mission after eating?" I asked "Now already?" Mirage asked and I align my hand towards the plates with some food "Oh... At least whatever Grineer did to you. It didn't numb your hunger it seems" Mirage said "I am a human still. I think you was able to see that" I said.

"I did and I was surprised why you didn't want to put me in pieces" Mirage said "I already have enough money and I can go get what I need whenever I want" I said "Well. That is true from the equipment you have" Mirage said as I sat down to eat after destroying the tracker bullet. Mirage made her helmet to only reveal her mouth which was something what I didn't really care about she is taking this slowly and it is understandable with person like me. "I didn't know soldiers are trained to make great food" Mirage said sounding a bit surprised "Learned from couple people and then just started to try more when I had the time" I said.

"Are military food usually this good?" Mirage asked "I always made my own food" I said "Oh... Well... Kinda makes sense... If you are allergic to something" Mirage said. I tilted my head in a bit questioning and confusing position. "No?" Mirage asked "Exactly. Your questions... *sigh* Nothing" I said. I saw a small smile in Mirage's lips when I looked leaving me with a guess that I just blushed or she found out something what I can not right now understand what it would be. Her smile widened slightly. We probably had eye contact. Although difficult to say because of her face have had been hidden behind the helmet for all of the time we have spend together.

"You are imagining us together in the more tense way?" I asked coldly "You are not in to that kind of action?" Mirage asked sounding a bit surprised. "Maybe you will need to fire the gun more than that until the red comes up" I said her smile went even more wide. "Wait... That metaphor went somewhere horrible..." I said sounding surprised about what I just said "As what you was sir" Mirage said (I got to be ******* rolling down a hill with boulder of C4 behind me. This was last thing I wanted) I thought. "Let me guess your thoughts are now completely messed up on your thoughts and don't want to go to battlefield" Mirage said I get myself back together.

"I need to learn to zip my mouth again and then we will go to a mission" I said. When we were done on eating. I went to other part of apartment to unwind my thoughts. I think it might be plausible but same time I do still feel the scars of already loosing one girl friend. I don't know how well I will handle loosing another. Mirage soon came to me as I was watching the horizon behind the woods. Slightly above them is sun slowly rising on this own throne. Mirage laid her hand on my own. I looked at her. Her helmet was whole again "What would be a blockade between us Pyefa?" Mirage asked.

For first time in my life. I felt that I didn't know what to do. I was thinking a while then "I need some time Mirage. I don't know you so well as you know my background" I said "That barely matters" Mirage said warmly. I took deep breath this was it. "Like I said... I had a girl friend... She died in a mission. Grineer butcher blade had cut in to her back" I said "You blame yourself from it?" Mirage asked "Yes... I also made sure people believed that I shot her to make sure they don't go looking for her body" I said "What did you really do to the body?" Mirage asked "Threw it to volcano... Last thing I wanted was that Grineer managed to clone her and use her against me" I said.

"I understand reliving that moment every time whenever you saw her clone" Mirage said "Exactly. I am not scared that it would happen to you" I said "You are just afraid what would you do if you would loose me?" Mirage asked "Exactly also I still need to get to know you and I want to find more stability in my life" I said "Mercenary work and relationship doesn't mix well together" Mirage said "Indeed" I said "I will be waiting" Mirage said and went somewhere else. I thought it a while and decided that our relationship will not work. I went Mirage and got ourselves armed for the mission.

"What happened to your old friends the team?" Mirage asked. Part of me wanted to silence her but same time. I wanted her to know. "They became experiments" I said "What kind?" Mirage asked "Kind what I had to kill. That wound is old well healed but there still are scars" I said "What happened?" Mirage asked "Week before majority of Tenno had awoken and you were recognized my team fell to hands of Grineer and Corpus. Only I and my girl friend who was part of the team. Were left. I went after every single team mate who had either fallen in to hands of Corpus or Grineer and killed them" I said.

"What kind of experiments were they doing to them?" Mirage asked "I am not sure and I don't want to talk about it" I said. I lied to her but this time only. "So what we should do?" Mirage asked "Don't know. I was thinking about getting known of you a bit better" I said "You do know that there is quite high level of secrecy about us" Mirage said "In sense of what kind of person you are" I said "Hard worker and easily feeling empathy towards somebody" Mirage said "Right..." I said "Don't say something like that please. The feeling of able to trust is mutual" Mirage said "That's correct at least" I said "Do you still feel like that the relationship will not work between us?" Mirage asked.

I have thought a moment. I guess I should give it a shot. "Probably date should get things started" I said "Date?" Mirage asked "What's with the questions? Don't you already know?" I asked "Well... In our Cryo sleep. We lost our memories" Mirage said "Ah. Well date is event of two persons first time meeting each other goes somewhere nice to have a conversation to get to know each other" I said "Oh... Any good ideas?" Mirage asked "Only my apartment. Still feeling tired" I said "Was there any good memories of your girl friend?" Mirage asked "There are but I prefer not to remember them" I said "Because it feels painful?" Mirage asked "Yeah" I said and Mirage took off her helmet.

Revealing Autumn Leaf Yellow colored short hair and iris color is dark green. "Do you feel bad about meeting her?" Mirage asked her voice sounding much more natural. "No but she left too early" I said and I got to have kiss with Mirage after the kiss "You really have strong feelings towards me" I said sounding a bit surprised "Don't make yourself think that you are not worth it. You have made past some really difficult things you should feel a bit more greedy" Mirage said.

For first time I felt like that I am taking a step towards something better.