The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muertos, The Horseman/Death Frame (With Art!)

(XBOX)kr1sPYDonuts

Appearance:

Spoiler

muertos_concept_art_by_drkmako-da3wp9h.jArt By (XB1)EternalDrk Mako 

muertos_posed_by_drkmako-da52y9o.jpgArt By (XB1)EternalDrk Mako 

Name:

Spoiler

Muertos

Codex Entry:

Spoiler

When the Sentients came, the Orokin were scared. When the Orokin saw no other way and they looked to the Void, they understood that there was no greater fear than death itself. So the Orokin took the Void and shaped it into an instrument of death and pointed it at the Sentients. When the fighting began, there stood an army, when it ended, only the void remained. 

Stats (at max):

Spoiler

Health: 300

Shields: 300

Armor: 225

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Energy: 225

Abilities:

Spoiler

Passive: Forth Horseman- Bleed out timers last 50% longer for him and allies. Enemies have a 50% chance of dropping health orbs. Health orbs are 100% more potent for himself 

1st Ability: Death Shroud- Muertos summons a dense cloud of fog 10/15/20/25 meter wide that lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds around him which disrupts enemy vision and jams the guns of enemies that are in it. If enemies are on the outside and Muertos is in the fog, then enemies won't be able to see him.

- 25 energy casting cost 

- The fog stays in place and doesn't move with Muertos

- Enemy weapons are un-jammed when they leave the fog. 

- Augment: Decaying Shroud- Death Shroud no longer disrupts enemy vision or jams their weapons but instead applies a viral, corrosive, and magnetic proc for 2/4/6/8 seconds 

2nd Ability: Almas- Muertos increases his damage output by 5/5/10/15 % and kills restore 2/3/4/5 % max health. Each kill while earned while this ability is active store enemy souls, adding them to a counter. When this ability is activated again, the counter resets, draining 10/15/20/25 % health from a number of nearby enemies equivalent to the amount of the counter in a 10/15/20/25 meter radius. 35/40/45/50 % of enemy health drained is converted into health then shields for Muertos and his allies. Lasts 35/40/45/50 seconds.  

- 50 energy casting cost

- Counter stacks to 20 kills 

- Counter determines how many enemies are drained   

- Augment: 

3rd Ability: Pale Rider- Muertos summons his pale, skeletal-mechanical horse and rides it into battle, increasing movement speed by 15/15/20/25 % and leaving behind a trail that lasts 5/10/15/15 seconds. Enemies that come in contact with this trail will flee in terror for 4/5/6/7 seconds. 

- 25 energy casting cost, drains 3 energy per second

4th Ability: The Harvesting- Muertos summons his multi form scythe. The twin-scythe form is fast with "low" damage. The dual bladed scythe form (a blade on one end facing one direction, and a blade on the other end facing the other direction) has a medium swing speed and "medium" damage and can be thrown like a glaive. The single bladed massive scythe has a slow swing speed and "high" damage. Ignores 5/10/15/20 % armor/shields. 

- 50 energy casting cost, drains 5 energy per second

- Scythe form is changed via the change weapon button

- Each weapon variation has its own stance

- Synergies with Pale Rider for a 10% increase in damage and range, but is stuck in the slow, giant scythe form while Pale Rider is active 

- Augment: 

Reason For A Horseman/Death Frame:

Spoiler

- I have no Idea why I keep adding this section to my Warframe concepts. Anyways, I have a small obsession with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Trivia:

Spoiler

- Muertos is Spanish for (pural) dead 

- Almas is Spanish for souls 

- A death or burial shroud is used to cover a body for burial

- The Harvesting is based on Death's scythe from Darksiders II 

Credit Where Credit Is Due:

Spoiler

(hear I'll write the names of all of the people who have helped refine/contribute to my concept)

- (XB1)EternalDrk Mako for the concept art

Edits: added concept art, added more concept art

This is just what I thought of so far, please help me think of more augments

Please, tell me what you think, constructive criticism is appreciated

Edited by (XB1)Awsome Ethan927

I like how all of his abilities synergize with each other, but this does seem abit energy intensive with 3 toggled abilities and all. This would also give Nekros a run for his money as a death based frame. Maybe his augment for his first skill could cause magnetic, corrosive, and viral procs, fully weakening the enemy but at the cost of the fear and disarming traits. For is second ability, Is there a maximum stack or is the stack limitless. 3rd ability, An augment that spawns 3 more houses for allies to mount and use along with him would make the 4 horseman idea really stick. As for his ultimate, This is fine how it is for me.

17 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I like how all of his abilities synergize with each other, but this does seem abit energy intensive with 3 toggled abilities and all. This would also give Nekros a run for his money as a death based frame. Maybe his augment for his first skill could cause magnetic, corrosive, and viral procs, fully weakening the enemy but at the cost of the fear and disarming traits. For is second ability, Is there a maximum stack or is the stack limitless. 3rd ability, An augment that spawns 3 more houses for allies to mount and use along with him would make the 4 horseman idea really stick. As for his ultimate, This is fine how it is for me.

Thank you very much for the feedback, I love the suggestions. How much do you think his 2 should stack to?

Edit: I changed his two to a timer, to cut on the amount of energy drain abilities

Edited by (XB1)Awsome Ethan927

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

Thank you very much for the feedback, I love the suggestions. How much do you think his 2 should stack to?

Id say Cap the stacks when you hit 200% bonus damage. Think that would be about 20 if you go up by 15% per kill.

33 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

3rd ability, An augment that spawns 3 more houses for allies to mount and use along with him would make the 4 horseman idea really stick.

I know you mean horses, but I laughed at entertaining the idea of houses for each frame. Anyways, I might add this depending whether or not I make concepts for the other horsemen. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

I like this frame's concept and abilities. In my opinion this frame would be drastically more frightening then Nekros.   

In terms of Death themed frames, Nekros is the necromancer, I went instead for a reaper/4th horseman path. Also thanks for liking it, I hope to get art for it one day. 

36 minutes ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

man the idea is very cool but the name muertos isnt very cool in other languages its like naming a warframe rock and the ability almas i dont see the point of naming it in other idiom

just in case i speak spanish

I named it Muertos because this frame is based after Death (as in the 4th horseman of the apocalypse), but I didn't just want to call him Death. So yeah, it may not sound cool to someone who may speak the language, but personally I stand by my naming choice. Besides, Ivara is based off the Old Norse word Ívarr which means "the bow of the warrior", and in my opinion, it is still a cool name. Can you explain how almas is an idiom, I'm still learning Spanish, so it probably has another meaning I'm not aware of. 

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

fusing 3rd and 4th is broken maybe a debuff if you active both?

the second is fine without augment

Should the the 4th ability swing slower when on the horse?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

I named it Muertos because this frame is based after Death (as in the 4th horseman of the apocalypse), but I didn't just want to call him Death. So yeah, it may not sound cool to someone who may speak the language, but personally I stand by my naming choice. Besides, Ivara is based off the Old Norse word Ívarr which means "the bow of the warrior", and in my opinion, it is still a cool name. Can you explain how almas is an idiom, I'm still learning Spanish, so it probably has another meaning I'm not aware of. 

Should the the 4th ability swing slower when on the horse?

uh i meant to say i dont see the point of naming a ability in another language example supposing that you have a frame named emmmm oniichan the name is ok but you cant name his first ability 我的意思 just because is related to japan

i live in latin america here we have plenty of stories and legends about the four horsemen of apocalypse and the Headless Horseman (these two stories fused somehow) i recommend you to research a little bit to get some inspiration 

demise is a better name

1 minute ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

uh i meant to say i dont see the point of naming a ability in another language example supposing that you have a frame named emmmm oniichan the name is ok but you cant name his first ability 我的意思 just because is related to japan

i live in latin america here we have plenty of stories and legends about the four horsemen of apocalypse and the Headless Horseman (these two stories fused somehow) i recommend you to research a little bit to get some inspiration 

demise is a better name

I have done my research on the Four Horsemen, and one paragraph, though admittingly it is a very detailed paragraph, from the Bible is not a lot for inspiration (especially for what I felt like should be added to Warframe).  Anyways, my inspiration comes from Darksiders II and myself; I named Muertos what he is because I am currently learning Spanish and felt like honoring that. Using a name like Demise is personally lackluster to me just how Muertos is lackluster to you. If I come across as rude in my explanation, I'm sorry, I guess I was just trying emphasize my point. 

P.S. the 2nd ability is called almas because I thought of the ability like you are ripping out a part of a person's soul and storing it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok my input will be in number points 

1. concept is a little OP but almost there just cup it down a notch, also first ability kinda wukong's thang.

2. you have the perfect ultimate to face a sentient but lets make the added effect that it drags enemys closer to you like vortex and add high damage to the mix with faster swing speed 

3. i would like to have a more day of the dead side shown in his look colourful flare but intimidating like a clown O_O (clowns are creepy as hell) but not to clach with mirage

you can consider the first 2 =D nice frame bro im working on a consept as well 

3 minutes ago, gadgetDJ said:

ok my input will be in number points 

1. concept is a little OP but almost there just cup it down a notch, also first ability kinda wukong's thang.

2. you have the perfect ultimate to face a sentient but lets make the added effect that it drags enemys closer to you like vortex and add high damage to the mix with faster swing speed 

3. i would like to have a more day of the dead side shown in his look colourful flare but intimidating like a clown O_O (clowns are creepy as hell) but not to clach with mirage

you can consider the first 2 =D nice frame bro im working on a consept as well 

1. I figured it might be a little OP. The first ability doesn't turn him into a cloud, it forms a cloud around him but he is still able to move freely

2. Going to need to find a way to balance that

3. Dia de las Muertos, hmm, didn't think of that, maybe, I named him that because I didn't want to name him Death in English