The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows vs Sentinels - Cute vs Useful

TheBright888

Ok so on a more on-topic notes, i think the main problem with kubros is that they depend on your frame too much. I.e. you take valkyr and your kubro can tank bombard rockets with its face in a "deal with it" manner, but if you take some cardboard frame like ember or nova and your pooch goes out when dying from old age grineer marine sneezes on them too hard. Imo they need both link mods, and their own mods for shields, armor and health.

This somewhat brings me to next flaw, the lack of elemental resistances. Sure this is true for sentinels, but sentinels have a tendency to stay close to you, so unless you're standing right in the toxic chutulu's aura, they are pretty much safe from sudden death from poisoning. Kubros, on the other hand, are all over the place, especially if you're trying to stay mobile and they can't catch up with you. Hek, even when staying still they sometimes run off: on today's sortie my kubro wandered into a toxic sludge stream on mobile def mission on ceres when we were guarding the terminal to attack grineer machinegunner and died in there. With a predictable end. Would be nice having at least poison-resistance mod for them.

On the other hand, there's lack of elemental damage, however, my Huras tend to play bowling using enemies as pins... and for some reason, they do not survive the game. So i'll let it slip, although it's nice sometimes for someone procs viral or corrosion without your involvement...

Last but not least, it'd be nice to have something like auras/srances for kubros. That would make it less hair-ripping to forma 'em up... but then, they already have 10 mod slots on their own. Warframes got 8, plus aura, plus one auxilary slot aka exilus... but i still think kubros need something like aura/stance to buff the mod cap without formaing too much.

Oh and finally, a bit more of ai improvements. Yeah, most of the time it's fine, but sometimes they just run around looking confused like a newborn looking at anything, or ghost who got hernia.

Also, someone said that huras's invisibility lasts for 90 or something seconds... i call false. It seems that invis only sticks if there are enemies around you (or until you perform an attack), but sometimes that invisibiliti in the middle of a firefight is a lifesaver - especially since it doesn't get cancelled by nullifiers and those... hover-skating people, forgot the name.

• 2 weeks later...

Kubrows are crap, Sentinels are clearly better in every single way.

My Carrier Prime with maxed mods (you know you have to max them right) doesnt die to a single bombard hit, it can take a few and keep on chugging easily. Kurbows with maxed mods means little if you are on a frail frame. Oh thats right, people who claim Kubrows are tough often have link health and armor on Inaros, try that with Nova, tell me how tough your Kubrow is again after its downed for the 40th time. Oh no buddy, you cannot make it dodge bombards, its Kubrow AI, it just tries to eat them....and its dead again.

So for a Kubrow to be effective, you need to pick a high HP and Armor frame, nice choices...Lets talk about choices shall we?

Kubrows are a pain to get them how you want them to look, I can change the pain job and addons on a sentinel at will.

Kurbows are RNG and what you end up with is what you get, you can change the colours a little, but nothing on par with our floating mechanical friends.

I don't always want to play Chroma or Inaros, Sentinels dont care what you play, they are the same regardless.

Kubrows have really bad damage. In the time it take for the AI to glitch over to a single enemy, my sentinel gun can continue to unload over and over again nice and safe at range. Slash with no chance of elementals, that will not last long once the big boys come out to play.

Sentinels are just better, and it shouldn't be that way. The more you claim Kubrows are awesome, the less likely DE will bother to fix the buggy piles of poo, so keep it up and wonder why your dog is sat under the stairs, going round in circles, whilst my Sentinel continues to do its job without needed extra money plowed into it all the time.