Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound skins for weapons

Midguard

Aside from personal 'irritations.' there are objectively some odd weapon sound effects. I'm sure many agree that they've sacrificed a good weapon because it was unbearable to listen to--or lacked a sense of authenticity, or oompf, in it's attempt at sci-fi weaponry sounds.

I think, while maybe substantial to implement, I'd love the option to buy sound-scapes for weapons, in the same way I can buy animation sets for frames. Even if limited to similar weapon styles only. shotguns for shotguns, assault rifles for rifles--etc--to avoid the obvious cases of irritating players bringing Tonkor sound effects on their Dex Furis (despite how much fun that would be, it would get old fast.) The sound files already exist, we don't even need new sounds, just a transposition from already existing weapons.

The truth is, after 6 formas on my Prisma Gorgon, just to make it competitive and enjoyable, I'd like it to sound less like the playing card on the spokes of a child's bicycle. I can tell the Grineer are expecting to see handle-bar tassels when I slide around a corner.

• 2 weeks later...