Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Community Market

ReizoCain

Something I've been considering - A Community Market.

Where people can trade weapons, warframes, sentries and mods

You might want to consider the following points:

1. Items (Warframes/Weapons) bought on the Communal Market will contribute to gaining of Mastery Points, even if the weapon was owned by a player previously, but it has a prerequisite of being crafted. This will ensure crafting and trade, especially amont late game, high level players.

2. Mods can not be traded directly (that will lead to utter imbalance), but they can be put up on a "Fusion Centre", where a person can select a mod to fuse with, but the base mod must be their own. The one who put the mod up will get the same amount of money as if he sold the mod + a certain amount influenced by what the rarity of the final card was. The purchaser who used the available mod to fuse with his original mod will pay a higher price than the mod's actual price, though.

3. Resources can be traded freely, with the prices set by the trade rates on the communal market (i.e buyers vs sellers). If such a thing can't be done, then the prices can be set by the sellers (this will need some thinking to prevent exploit).

P.s. If this is too much, we could atleast use this as a Dojo Market? (With a new, Market room instead). Though that might limit the sales quite a lot, and increase server load. I'm not sure.

P.P.s. And while nothing is proofed against scams, the honor based community along with an option to ask for Moderators/Admins to check possible fraudulence would do wonders. And false reporters could be banned from the market themselves!  

A misc recommendation I have is -  ( I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I've posted it here)

Mastery level can influence the Mod rarity modifier, i.e. while the Mod dropped is the same for everyone, your Mastery influences its rarity (i.e.power). Also, mods can be introduced that influence the Mod rarity modifier as well.

My base reason for this Community Market is that it will give some much needed value to credits after the first few hours in the game.

Please come up with the "Padding" so that this becomes a feasible idea and the devs look into it!

As much as people would like a market to buy and sell frames and weapons, doubt it'll ever happen. Everything is available to you from the market. and you build it with resources. Personally any way to not introduce a market where people can scam and set up an economy is a good place. Let's try to keep that out of Warframe. Restricted trading is  good, market is bad.

While in some ways it sounds like a good idea...

...A marketplace would kinda ruin the point of the game. It's a grind-centric game where you do missions in order to acquire the materials you need to build other things. It would work if Warframe was something other than this, but it isn't.